Nerf Bounty Hunters

Vetorept

Sith marauders always lowest score in PvP because of the lack of crowd control, unless you're hiding in a group you can't really spam like other classes which is irritating.

Stunned stunned pushed away stunned slowed stunned dead pretty much what happens vs range and mage classes.

I love how people judge a class by pvping at level 15 get to 40 and see if you still say this.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a bounty hunter and im level 20 lol i have the right gear on and i cant even hit any damage on some one lol kinda sad how people say nerf bounty hunter but dont nerf the other classes i keep getting killed 1 on 1 now bec my attacks hit so dam low its not even funny how thay can hit 4k every shot on me when im doing unload flame and single shots and the big massive range attack only hits 1k then hits low shots now and its only hitting 100 damage x 4 shots so if thay did nerf it to where i cant even kill some one

so thanks for Nerfing bounty hunter it was good in the beta now its garbage bec people complain to much im gona start a fourm saying nerf kids thay are killing me in 10 seconds bec this makes no sence how thay can hit higher then me

also when i was level 18 i was faceing a level 14 1 0n 1 he killed me bec my damage was not hiting at all so i might as well run a new class bec bounty hunter is done Nerf all classes end of story

also it says i can do a range of 4000k to 5000k damage im hitting no ware close to any of that lol with any attacks

pluss bounty hunters are tanks / healers so why am i takeing 10k damage in 10 seconds up are damage taken that is all that is needed

Edited by shootinkill

Every single WZ I have been in a Bounty Hunter destroys everyone and everything, no matter what level and is tops for kills and damage. And the little hook thing where they grab you from across the zone when you're carrying the huttball is overpowered too.

You must be playing on my server. ;)

Ehh, Im playing both a Warrior/Marauder and a BH/Merc. I can play 2 ways with either class. I can play to do lots of damage and be near the top of the damage score board using AoE on both, OR, play to win the match where I wont do as much damage but help the team win, like sitting put and trying to defend, or trying to assist ball carrier if Im not carrying it myself, healing team mates when I can. My Marauder sure is fun to leap in and bust some $h!+ up, but the Merc can be fun to be an annoying class for sure. Now if a BH is at the top of the board for Heals (not self heals) and still put out some damage THEN I'm impressed. Anyone with AoE can score big points if thats what youre looking at doing, melee or ranged if you have any skills.

quit with the nerf this class or nerf that class. it ruins every single MMO I have been in. it isnt the class that is overpowered, some people are just better than others doesn't matter what class they are playing. geez.

So you're saying the game is 100% balanced all classes perform equally and the Bounty Hunter class just happens to ALL be played by more skilled players?

So you're saying the game is 100% balanced all classes perform equally and the Bounty Hunter class just happens to ALL be played by more skilled players?

A BH has a lot of AOE. Kinda easy to aoe flames and missles and get big numbers.

Our Powertech does more damage than our DPS in warzones... doesnt mean too much really, just that he aoes everything and when you damage something and it dies... guess what... you get a kill.

This is one of the most balanced games I've seen at low to mid levels. 1v2s are quite difficult, which means the 1v1 matchup is fairly balanced. Other games, I've had no problem finding a class that can 1v2+ due to poor class balance at low levels.

I've played a few classes so far post release in pvp. They can all succeed pretty well, some just take a bit longer to get the sufficient abilities to do well. Personally I enjoy the sith juggernaut alot. Once you get the aoe slow at 12 you can mow people down. It's also about understanding the other classes. If you survive the initial onslaught from a bh, they are screwed. Heat adds up real fast. I find snipers to be the toughest kill as you can't charge them in cover.

Every single WZ I have been in a Bounty Hunter destroys everyone and everything, no matter what level and is tops for kills and damage. And the little hook thing where they grab you from across the zone when you're carrying the huttball is overpowered too.

Why yes...yes I do destroy everything and everyone...what people get for leaving me to my own devices and not targeting me first.

Right, overpowered. Are you trying to go 1 on 1 with them? How about get some group tactics, and work in a group. No one class is more overpowered than another in a 1 vs 1. Learn to play your roles well, get better equipment, and expect to lose. If you are always losing, then find out what can make you better. Have better stims crafted for you, get better armor with mods, get better weapons, get implants.

The game just came out, there is so much more to learn.

I don't know what class it is but someone keep critting my sorc for 3-3.5k all the damn time. I don't think it's BH though.

As far as BH's go all I have to say is get your damn flamethrower out of my juggs face :p

prolly IA sniper or republic equivalent.

So here's my two cents. Bare in mind I've played many MMOs many with PvP similar to TOR. Do I believe, that is, is it my opinion that the BH class is over powered?...Yes...before you bite my head off here's why.

When you get into a warzone with one BHer, no problem, one shadow or sage can take care of him. Two BHers begins to become problematic particularly if they have healing support. Three BHers, you need some coordination (which is almost impossible in random matchups) to take down if they're working together. Four BHers are nigh unkillable if played properly. Here's why in 3 short reasons:

1. There's always at least one sith healing the crap out of them

2. They have a huge amount of DPS and can kill any of the squishy counters that exist for them ie (Sages, shadows, and Smugglers) thanks to their high burst damage and heavy armor.

3. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, the Republic side (at least on my server Jung Ma) does not appear to have sufficient counter BH class players (ie Smugglers, Shadows).

So should they be nerfed?...Yes...if the server pop indicates anything its that Sith are heavy BH and Republic doesn't have sufficient players rolling anti-BH classes so they're unstoppable in groups, when properly played and given support. I say this because if you take a group of 4 shadows and 4 sages and go against 4 BHers and 4 Sith healers, the Imps will win hands down.

The hook is a tank ability so I doubt they are topping kills and damage. Secondly I top whatever WZ I'm in consistently on my trooper... Maybe it's just the archetype in general. lolololol

So here's my two cents. Bare in mind I've played many MMOs many with PvP similar to TOR. Do I believe, that is, is it my opinion that the BH class is over powered?...Yes...before you bite my head off here's why.

When you get into a warzone with one BHer, no problem, one shadow or sage can take care of him. Two BHers begins to become problematic particularly if they have healing support. Three BHers, you need some coordination (which is almost impossible in random matchups) to take down if they're working together. Four BHers are nigh unkillable if played properly. Here's why in 3 short reasons:

1. There's always at least one sith healing the crap out of them

2. They have a huge amount of DPS and can kill any of the squishy counters that exist for them ie (Sages, shadows, and Smugglers) thanks to their high burst damage and heavy armor.

3. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, the Republic side (at least on my server Jung Ma) does not appear to have sufficient counter BH class players (ie Smugglers, Shadows).

So should they be nerfed?...Yes...if the server pop indicates anything its that Sith are heavy BH and Republic doesn't have sufficient players rolling anti-BH classes so they're unstoppable in groups, when properly played and given support. I say this because if you take a group of 4 shadows and 4 sages and go against 4 BHers and 4 Sith healers, the Imps will win hands down.

Not biting ur head off but ur whole argument requires coordination and a lot of what if's. If a guild is grouped together in a warzone more than likely that side will win simply because of coordination and staying together and communicating. Doesnt matter what their make up is. I don't believe i've ever seen a warzone with 4 BH's in it before either. So odds of that happening are slim unless 4 BH's queue together. And almost any time one side has people dedicated to healing they're gonna have an edge regardless of the classes in the group