Can we buff Undying Rage/Guarded by the Force?

Xinika

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sentinels and Marauders should be invulnerable and invisible at all times and one hit all enemies including pvp and all bosses. And when you roll one you should be lvl 50 right after you land on tython and have 400 in 3 crew skills of your choice. And 500k credits. And max affection for all companions. and..other REDICULOUS IDEAS.

I'm under the impression that the health cost seems rather pointless. I suggest removing the health cost to make this a more active ability and not something that HAS to be used at 1-5%. I think this will give Maras/Sents more flexibility in terms of defensive CD usage.

1/10, but borderline possible 0/10

1/10, but borderline possible 0/10

While the thread was more "tongue in cheek" the OP has a point. The health cost is next to meaningless as they can just pop a medpack or get healed.

It's bad design. They should be immune to healing while UR or invisibilty is active. Otherwise you just have to kill a mara/sent three times....

I'm under the impression that the health cost seems rather pointless. I suggest removing the health cost to make this a more active ability and not something that HAS to be used at 1-5%. I think this will give Maras/Sents more flexibility in terms of defensive CD usage.

LOL! As a marauder I think this is the worst idea I've heard so far... :rolleyes:

How am I trolling? Shadows get to use their OP resilience and have no downsides to it. Why can't others?

I'm not going to argue that mara's are OP'ed. But I will say this: if you think that you should get undying rage/guarded by the force without a health cost, then every other class in the game should get a similar ability, with no health cost. I can see a certain demographic, *cough* mercenaries and commandos *cough*, that would love this.

I always thought Undying Rage should just be something like 'for the next 5 seconds having less than 1 HP does not cause you to die', and your HP can go arbitarily negative and it didn't get back to at least 1 somehow at the end, then you die.

I always thought Undying Rage should just be something like 'for the next 5 seconds having less than 1 HP does not cause you to die', and your HP can go arbitarily negative and it didn't get back to at least 1 somehow at the end, then you die.

Just turn it into WoW Rogue's Cheat Death and be done w/ it, imo.

"Damage that would have dropped your health below 1 hp causes you to become immune to damage for the next 5 seconds. Effect cannot occur more than once every minute and 30 seconds."

Something like that.

/sarcasm to maximum

Those abilities should be usable on demand, but instead of losing 50% health, they lose 99% damage output and all stored rage/focus instead. And while we're at it, take stealth away too, they don't need it.

How am I trolling? Shadows get to use their OP resilience and have no downsides to it. Why can't others?

The tooltip says that it increases your chance to block tech and force by 100%, doesn't that mean if you have a 10% chance to resist as a base, then it's increased by 100%, now being 20% ?(10+10)

Either way, it lasts 3 seconds and doesn't block melee damage, marauders lasts double the time and blocks 99% of everything.

The tooltip says that it increases your chance to block tech and force by 100%, doesn't that mean if you have a 10% chance to resist as a base, then it's increased by 100%, now being 20% ?(10+10)

Either way, it lasts 3 seconds and doesn't block melee damage, marauders lasts double the time and blocks 99% of everything.

Actually Force Shroud adds 200% to tech/force resist so you have 200% to 202% resistance to Force/Tech attacks depending on what talents you have. No player is getting through that kind of resistance.

As an aside the first two second of Saber Ward on a Jugg grants 150% defense and Evasion grants 200% dodge, despite the wording makes it sound like it's only 100%. This is presumably done to ensure these abilities cannot be penetrated by any accuracy mods from a player.

Force Shroud blocks 100% of Force / Tech attacks for 5 seconds for all Tankassins. It's on a 45 second cd.

It's very comparable to Undying Rage blocking 99% of all damage for 5 seconds on a 1 min 30 sec (less w/ set bonus) cooldown.

Force Shroud blocks 100% of Force / Tech attacks for 5 seconds for all Tankassins. It's on a 45 second cd.

It's very comparable to Undying Rage blocking 99% of all damage for 5 seconds on a 1 min 30 sec (less w/ set bonus) cooldown.

Umm no its not. Several high damaging attacks from multiple classes are white damage or non force/tech damage. Rail shot for instance.

UR blocks everything.

Umm no its not. Several high damaging attacks from multiple classes are white damage or non force/tech damage. Rail shot for instance.

UR blocks everything.

Force Shroud removes the burning effect that makes it possible to use Railshot.

Force Shroud removes the burning effect that makes it possible to use Railshot.

Rail shot was an example of white damage not something that a Shadow may or may not be concerned with, but it is a valid point none the less.

You know as well as I do that Force Shroud is only as good as the people you are playing against. Where as UR basically requires you to A. Run away or B. Use a long cool down to stun. In any event you will quite possibly be facing a Mara with a full health after it is over.

Rail shot was an example of white damage not something that a Shadow may or may not be concerned with, but it is a valid point none the less.

You know as well as I do that Force Shroud is only as good as the people you are playing against. Where as UR basically requires you to A. Run away or B. Use a long cool down to stun. In any event you will quite possibly be facing a Mara with a full health after it is over.

Force Shroud allows you to escape from a lot of white attacks because it denies the enemy from having a favorable setup for certain big white attacks. For example it's way harder to get a full Ravage going on someone with Force Shroud because he can usually just walk away from it comfortably since Force Shroud prevents almost all movement impairing effects. Most of the powerful white attacks have some kind of dependency on other attacks/debuffs. Yes they can use Slash on you fine but it's not like you're worried about dying to such a basic attack.

I think that if a Marauder is focus spec'ed then as soon as you activate undying rage it will grant 8 stacks of singularity (or whatever marauders call it) and immediately pull every enemy player within 30 meters towards the marauder. At which point the marauder will automatically perform an automatic critical hit force sweep with full singularity. Additionally, any players who survive will be thrown directly into the reactor core pit on The Void Star. This will occur regardless of whether or not you were playing The Void Star.

Also, they will have the 99% damage reduction and no loss of health. Seems balanced.

Edited by Marqhill