Rerolling Pyro

lordkhouri

I think i'm gonna stop playing my valor 89 guardian... and stop playing my valor 60 operative.

my new toon is gonna be a pyro PT, it seems like it's the only way i can stay competitive in terms of dps. who in their right mind would take either one of my dps toons over a pyro pt... there is absolutely no comparison. so i may as well bail on my current 50's and just focus on this one. especially since its balaned, and not overpowered, otherwise it would be getting nerfed.... right?

my only concern is getting the complicated rotation down... it has so many more different abilities compared to my guardian and my operative. once i can get used to this extremely complicated class, im sure i will be competitive in pvp.

Hurray, another FOTM reroll. Wow.

sarcasm

[sahr-kaz-uhm]   Example Sentences Origin

sar·casm

   [sahr-kaz-uhm] Show IPA

noun

harsh or bitter derision or irony.

a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

;)

Since you have so much Valor grind, haven't you figured out how to play your class effectively? If you are a tank and loosing to Pyro PT, IT IS NORMAL! He is your fricking hard counter. You are not supposed to kill a PT Pyro the same way you kill a MM Sniper. If you are DPS guardian, than obviously you are doing something wrong.

As a sniper, i very quickly got the idea behind countering PT Pyros. In fact, one single skill, ballistic dampers and one ability, evasion, completely negated this class against me.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Since you have so much Valor grind, haven't you figured out how to play your class effectively? If you are a tank and loosing to Pyro PT, IT IS NORMAL! He is your fricking hard counter. You are not supposed to kill a PT Pyro the same way you kill a MM Sniper. If you are DPS guardian, than obviously you are doing something wrong.

As a sniper, i very quickly got the idea behind countering PT Pyros. In fact, one single skill, ballistic dampers and one ability, evasion, completely negated this class against me.

You can't possibly be suggesting that he should consider the strengths and weaknesses of each class, in relation to each of the other classes, and adapt his play style as necessary. To claim such a thing would be very offensive to all the PVE players pretending to be PVPers. Certainly the standard rotation they use against stationary NPCs should work flawlessly against human players regardless of class strengths and weaknesses.

You can't possibly be suggesting that he should consider the strengths and weaknesses of each class, in relation to each of the other classes, and adapt his play style as necessary. To claim such a thing would be very offensive to all the PVE players pretending to be PVPers. Certainly the standard rotation they use against stationary NPCs should work flawlessly against human players regardless of class strengths and weaknesses.

He needs to take a look at his own class from another class point of view. I started playing better as a sniper after I played Sorc and PT. As a Sorc I felt how powerful the leg shot of sniper is. As PT i understood that sniper is an area denial class, not a healer killer class.

This is an outright lie. GOOD Guardian Tanks can destroy any dps 1v1.

Simple case: L2p

Edited by Xinika

This is an outright lie. Guardian Tanks can destroy any dps 1v1.

Perhaps this post was a gross exaggeration, but do acknowledge that Defense\Immortal is nowhere as powerful as Kinetic - and it still gets a noticeable damage shaft.

This is an outright lie. Guardian Tanks can destroy any dps 1v1.

Lol, the famous "shadow is totally not OP" abuser comes in with his 5 eurocents. Dude, after I saw your stupid list of proposed shadow changes and now this "guardian tanks can destroy any dps 1v1", there is little of your credibility left.

Take any seasoned PT Pyro, and he will destroy guardian tanks. And i don't have any problems with my lethality sniper either against them.

Edited by NoTomorrow

He needs to take a look at his own class from another class point of view. I started playing better as a sniper after I played Sorc and PT. As a Sorc I felt how powerful the leg shot of sniper is. As PT i understood that sniper is an area denial class, not a healer killer class.

This is one of the most important steps to becoming a good PVP'er IMHO.

I hope you do, it will stop your whining. I play a Pyro Tank (Also SI and SW) and get constantly rolled over by Jedi Knights.... Infact on most games BH's gets around 120-170k damage and JK's get around 250k damage, so erm, have fun with that.

There is this new trend of flame burst/ion puls spammers. Seems very popular.

At least you could interrupt grav/tracer spammer and see them staring at you for 6 seconds, it was funny. Can't do that with pyrotechs. So i guess these are the same players. They just found a way around interrupts.

... They ... evolve.... Somehow.

Edited by Wassawp

Lol right now I'm in a civil war nd my groups just chilling at west. a team of 5/8 powertechs just killing us all in 3 hits each.. This is just hilarious. Even all my "OP" Sentinel Cooldowns can't save me when they are all tech/elemental damages... I'm starting to think the nerf tuesday will not be enough lol

Well after reading this thread and since Shadowlands became a destination server and has a population again i decided to dust off my PyroPT i made on day one of early access. I havent played the toon in over 3 months and never onced PVP'ed with him. That said i ran HB and 2x NC's. Won all 3 matches, top damage 2/3 and top kills in 2/3, my verdict is.......

Jesus jumped up christ this spec is so easy a noob could do it....and i did!