Scheduled Maintenance for Game Update 1.3: June 26th, 2012

CourtneyWoods

Wow!!!!! The number one BioWare champion is questioning if 1.3 is ready to be pushed live? I am truly shocked lol. Glad to see you do have some objectivity in you. :cool:

Contrary to popular belief, I really do. If BW doesn't want all the loud X-server LFG lobbyists to say "I told you so", they really REALLY need to make sure the Group Finder not only works flawlessly, but a few important things need to be added.

Also, lots of bugs still with the RW queue, and the last patch didn't quite get them all.

These are two VERY important things that they get absolutely right if they want to realize the atypical increase in subs in this MMO timeline.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contrary to popular belief, I really do. If BW doesn't want all the loud X-server LFG lobbyists to say "I told you so", they really REALLY need to make sure the Group Finder not only works flawlessly, but a few important things need to be added.

Also, lots of bugs still with the RW queue, and the last patch didn't quite get them all.

These are two VERY important things that they get absolutely right if they want to realize the atypical increase in subs in this MMO timeline.

To be fair though, they might have a different build than on PTS, where all these are fixed. If only they would tell us that though. We're being left in the dark about these concerns. :confused:

Bye-bye tank specced juggs/guardians. No one with his head on the shoulders will use full tank for anything serious, be it pve or pvp. Pure fail.

Pretty much this. 1.3 has no business going live until these over nerfs are removed or at the very least explained.

To be fair though, they might have a different build than on PTS, where all these are fixed. If only they would tell us that though. We're being left in the dark about these concerns. :confused:

does no good if these "new fixes" have not properly been tested... looks like another broken update in a broken game. you think they would have learned by now...

Great job addressing all the concerns still left unanswered on the PTS forums and still launching 1.3

Not enough testing for the Ranked Warzones.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=486018

New project animation is highly disliked within the community.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=473299

Gunnery and Arsenal concerns.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=486018

Assassin / Shadow Tank Concerns.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=473439

Jugg / Guardian Concerns.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=485750

+ More

Not to mention countless bugs being reported for the looking for group and warzones. This patch has hardly been tested and has only received (1) update since release to test server. I have a hard time understanding why they are rushing something that has so many issues and not fully tested.

I read the PTR forum daily and I also play on the PTR. I can assure you this patch will not be a success but will be nothing but problems and frustration for players.

Please reconsider the release date.

Thank you.

I can see that BioWare really values player feedback. :mad:

Great job addressing all the concerns still left unanswered on the PTS forums and still launching 1.3

I can see that BioWare really values player feedback. :mad:

Cheap shot there. 1.3 is full of stuff that the players want.

Yeah, legacy nonsense is truly more important than bugs and class balance. Stuff like this can be ok to have around, but only if the other very important things in the game work relatively well. Like the server architecture, that gives server lag sometimes of 3-4 seconds with 200-300 people on fleet.

But yep, 1.3 is full of stuff that players want.

As I posted in the other thread...

Next Tuesday is the perfect time.

People have resubbed for transfers.

People will resub for ranked WZs.

People will resub for other 1,3 features.

Next Friday is the perfect time.....

To measure subs for the next quarterly report.

As I posted in the other thread...

Next Tuesday is the perfect time.

People have resubbed for transfers.

People will resub for ranked WZs.

People will resub for other 1,3 features.

Next Friday is the perfect time.....

To measure subs for the next quarterly report.

I kow this is sarcasm :D

Next Friday in 4 weeks will be funny if the patch goes live as it was on pts

People have canceled, because transfers didn't fix all the problems they had

People have canceled, because ranked WZs are horrible broken

People have canceled, because the other "features" of 1.3 are mostly crappy

but hey, doesn't matter, next quarterly report > fixing the real problems this game has

if you are happy with some left overs then i am happy for you:P but some of us espect more from patches like this1 something like balance classes in pvp real improvements and alot of bugs fixed wich wont happen as we saw already in 7months

Not that I'm not thrilled... because I totally am... but this seems a bit earlier than I thought, especially considering the amount of time its had on the PTR SERVER as opposed to 1.2

Ah well, should be good, can't wait!

Edited by Dudeo

Not a cheap shot if its true.

All of those threads have very viable concerns over the players classes. A fair number of posts in those threads actually carry numbers why the class changes are a bad idea and give alternatives to have the same effect and not nerf the classes in question.

Once again, it seems as BioWare disregarded that feedback.

Not a cheap shot if its true.

All of those threads have very viable concerns over the players classes. A fair number of posts in those threads actually carry numbers why the class changes are a bad idea and give alternatives to have the same effect and not nerf the classes in question.

Once again, it seems as BioWare disregarded that feedback.

You don't know if they've disregarded it just because they didn't answer, doesn't mean they havn't read it, and considered it.

Hmm I didn't expect the patch to get out already, I hope everything is ready.... And I have no words as to how tired I am of hearing about ranked warzones...

Edited by Inzuher

You don't know if they've disregarded it just because they didn't answer, doesn't mean they havn't read it, and considered it.

Hmm I didn't expect the patch to get out already, I hope everything is ready.... And I have no words as to how tired I am of hearing about ranked warzones...

Even if that is the case, they did a bang up job communicating it to those who were testing the patch on the PTS. This is where BioWare is failing, the sheer lack of communication to its community.

On the up side I do hope that they re-thought the class changes for 1.3; however I am not holding my breath.

Unless you're secretly adding numerous bug-fixes to the long list of known issues with 1.3 on the PTS forums by the time this hits live on Tuesday, a lot of players are not going to be happy.

Better to fix the issues first and then release it, even if it means another week or so to get 1.3.

Unless you're secretly adding numerous bug-fixes to the long list of known issues with 1.3 on the PTS forums by the time this hits live on Tuesday, a lot of players are not going to be happy.

Better to fix the issues first and then release it, even if it means another week or so to get 1.3.

^ This. Times infinity & beyond.

in this update they will add and the ranked WZs

as i read they are premade only groups

my question is....

are that into the LFG tool like FPs and Ops?

if not u failed

The Group Finder lets you choose FP's, Op's & Planet Heroic 4 areas, PvP is done separate in the PvP window, as is now, but groups will get ranked (after 10 matches).

(ps - if you're lvl 50 & queuing for an FP/OP/H4 you won't get anything, as it's, last checked, (still) bugged). :rolleyes: