Unsubbed customers cannot reply/post new thread?

Ritsi

Just so there's no confusion: once your active game time runs out, your forum permissions are disabled when the forums session expires. This can mean some people will post for a couple days after this happens, but in general, once you've run out of active game time, your forum access becomes view-only. One thing to keep in mind is that we have lots of methods of gathering feedback - the forums, our own metrics, optional surveys, and other sites/social media. The forums primarily provide a place for players to discuss the game and express ideas and opinions for us to see, build community, and for us to communicate with players (which everyone can see).

Great, it would be fanastic to keep the forums for people who are paying for the game and who (hopefully) just want to post positive and constructive comments :)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again!

I saw a friend some posts above sayin that we can make our own surveys/polls.

Did I not grasp correctly the meaning of his post or is it actually possible for us to do?

Cz I'd like to take advantage of such a nice functionallity :)

Edited by Ritsi

This actually seemed a bit odd to me, I would think that if someone unsubs but still comes to the forum if you can show you are addressing their issues and concerns they might come back. If htye cant post anything they wont stick around, you will lose the feed back on why they left and what you can do to get them back,

You're free to let your voice be heard before your sub runs out, you don't have to wait the very last day to do so...

Just so you understand... you're posting on EA's forums. THEIR forums. Their rules.

Protest all you like about freedom of speech and the like, it won't matter a bit.

I always believe constitutional rights should be left out of the Internet.

So I'd like a decent answer on this. I unsub, for whatever reason, but I can't have a word with the community of the game or the CS via the forum? Are you serious? Why is that?

Some ppl told me this is happening to keep out trolls/ppl who have no relation to the game but still....I think every1 should have access to the forums, regardless of the subscription status.

Am I wrong?

I'd like to hear your opinions (and a CS response but I doubt that) on the matter. I urge you to be constructive and avoid trolling/hating me :)

Welcome to pretty much every MMO, you arent paying for their game your no longer part of the community. Trolls are one big reason, they get pissed over something, quit, and spam the forums with nerdrage, another reason is to prevent random people who dont play at all coming on and posting a bunch of BS (many game companies employ people to actually bad mouth competition) that sort of thing. Part of what you get with your sub is forum access, cancel your sub you lose all your privileges.

Not quite democratic eh?

Welcome to the current state of our society: Pay to talk and pay even more to be heard. And this is everywhere.

There should be a section of the forum where everybody, regardless of subscription should post. Giving voice to the people et al.

No, but then this is a business, NOT a democracy. YOu "Freedom of Speach" has no power, nor value, here....

So I'd like a decent answer on this. I unsub, for whatever reason, but I can't have a word with the community of the game or the CS via the forum? Are you serious? Why is that?

Some ppl told me this is happening to keep out trolls/ppl who have no relation to the game but still....I think every1 should have access to the forums, regardless of the subscription status.

Am I wrong?

I'd like to hear your opinions (and a CS response but I doubt that) on the matter. I urge you to be constructive and avoid trolling/hating me :)

you are wrong. you dont have a sub, why on earth do you think you are entitled to still post on the forums? you are no longer a customer

some people...

you are wrong. you dont have a sub, why on earth do you think you are entitled to still post on the forums? you are no longer a customer

some people...

Couldn't u be polite while stating ur opinion? Even if you disagree with my point of view, you can do so without being a.... you know the word...

I'm paying a monthly subscription. I get to post here and all the quitters and haters don't. We don't need nor want people who don't support this game filling up our forum with their hatred and complaining. The forum is for subscribers. You have other forums you can talk about SWTOR on. I can't go to the World of Warcraft forums and post.

subscribed ... unsubscribed

What's the difference? They don't listen to posters anyway.

Gotta agree up to a point! They answer only when one's problems aren't broadly spread to the rest of community. If they are, they avoid answering in order to hide a possibly greatly scaled problem :)

Just so there's no confusion: once your active game time runs out, your forum permissions are disabled when the forums session expires. This can mean some people will post for a couple days after this happens, but in general, once you've run out of active game time, your forum access becomes view-only. One thing to keep in mind is that we have lots of methods of gathering feedback - the forums, our own metrics, optional surveys, and other sites/social media. The forums primarily provide a place for players to discuss the game and express ideas and opinions for us to see, build community, and for us to communicate with players (which everyone can see).

An example of Bioware's censorship. This is a deliberate attempt by Bioware to quiet the people who are so unsatisfied with their game that they cancel their subscription. I might be one of those people in the not so distant future if certain issues are not resolved.

Why could people post on the forums before the game were released openly without purchasing the game. Suddenly the community is censored. In other words Bioware doesn't want to listen to your opinion unless you pay them their monthly fee. Should not the simple purchase of the game be enough to post on the forums? We purchased the product but Bioware will not allow us to participate in the forums unless with pay them a monthly fee. I never thought I would see captialism used to censor the customer, but Bioware is on the frontier of censorship it seems. Why not. We all know that everything is working as intended anyways!!!

Anyways good job censoring people Bioware. I am ashamed that I once respected the founders of Bioware. Obviously their success has made them lose touch with reality or stop caring about their product. Bioware should be ashamed of censoring people who purchased their game on the forums. That is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen an MMO do and I go back to the beginning. I can't believe Bioware is going to censor their players who purchased the game by allowing read only access for non-subscribing members. Shame shame Bioware.

I have the right to post this since I pay. Sadly enough before the game came out ANYONE could post. Now you can only post if you pay us our monthly fee even though you bought the game. Good job listening to your customers Bioware.

Am I wrong?

Do you really need to ask? Of course you are.

An example of Bioware's censorship. This is a deliberate attempt by Bioware to quiet the people who are so unsatisfied with their game that they cancel their subscription. I might be one of those people in the not so distant future if certain issues are not resolved.

Why could people post on the forums before the game were released openly without purchasing the game. Suddenly the community is censored. In other words Bioware doesn't want to listen to your opinion unless you pay them their monthly fee. Should not the simple purchase of the game be enough to post on the forums? We purchased the product but Bioware will not allow us to participate in the forums unless with pay them a monthly fee. I never thought I would see captialism used to censor the customer, but Bioware is on the frontier of censorship it seems. Why not. We all know that everything is working as intended anyways!!!

Anyways good job censoring people Bioware. I am ashamed that I once respected the founders of Bioware. Obviously their success has made them lose touch with reality or stop caring about their product. Bioware should be ashamed of censoring people who purchased their game on the forums. That is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen an MMO do and I go back to the beginning. I can't believe Bioware is going to censor their players who purchased the game by allowing read only access for non-subscribing members. Shame shame Bioware.

I have the right to post this since I pay. Sadly enough before the game came out ANYONE could post. Now you can only post if you pay us our monthly fee even though you bought the game. Good job listening to your customers Bioware.

I swear I just can't tell if some of you folks are serious. Nearly every MMO limits access to non-subscribers unless they are Free to Play.

Censorship?

Please Bioware are very open on letting you say anything, all they ask is to do it in the same thread,

And its nothing most MMO companies do, standard procedure

Yet typically its coming to this

Any MMO does something, people are fine with it and understand and accept

TOR does something, no one is fine with it, do not understand, or accept it and spin it some way they make up

I swear I just can't tell if some of you folks are serious. Nearly every MMO limits access to non-subscribers unless they are Free to Play.

I mean come on. You honestly believe that paying 60 bucks (or more for other editions) is not enough to be able to post on the forums. I mean I know they are within their legal rights but still.

I am talking about the process of customer intimacy here more than anything else.

I thought we moved on from the

Say anything that could be taken as "good" then quickly labelling them as a " Blind Fanboi who obviously has no idea what they are talking about" :p

I would work for them though if they gave me a decent wage + Benefits

This is hilarious. I figure from other posts this is just some fan boy. Then I wonder if it is some sort of paid intern.

But here is the funniest part. This person only has one friend (click on their icon) and it is the person who he is defending.

Come on Bioware. Are you using other accounts now to back up what you are posting? Or are you asking your friends to back you up. Click on the guys name... you will get a good chuckle. Its not like this is myspace where Bioware staff are automatically added to your friends.

They're not censoring their customers. They expect those customers to post in an intelligent, constructive way and also to post in existing threads, but they do not censor them at all. As far as non-subscribers go, they're not censoring them either. It would be different if they allowed positive posts from non-subscribers, but they don't. It's not censorship, it's their policy. Which is the same policy that is practiced industry wide.