FULL AUTO AND MORTAR VOLLEY: Blatantly Broken

Potfish

I'm more concerned about full auto doing crap damage period. It does about 60-70% the damage of grav round over twice the duration (3.0 cast time versus 1.5 of grav round- and that's IF you get all the ticks off without being interrupted)? Maybe it will be better when I go down the gunnery tree a bit more and get the +% increases up there, but yikes. Edited by Sardusx

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mortar Volley: The trooper fires the shot until the 1.1 mark on the timer. Damage isn't taken until 0.5 on the timer.

Death From Above: The BH fires the first rocket at the 2.3 mark on the meter. Damage is taken at the 1.4 mark. (Looking at the health meter, not the number pop up).

These abilities are not balanced.

I'm more concerned about full auto doing crap damage period. It does about 60-70% the damage of grav round over twice the duration (3.0 cast time versus 1.5 of grav round- and that's IF you get all the ticks off without being interrupted)? Maybe it will be better when I go down the gunnery tree a bit more and get the +% increases up there, but yikes.

This has not been my experience at all, though I was pretty far into gunnery before I really used it because I didn't like being hit while doing it. Later on each tic is about the damage of one grav round, and crits restore energy.

Yea and on top of hte annoying cast lag, full auto is way less satisfying than the trailer. Aside from the cast lag, it is pretty pathetic (could be cause its meant for commando where I am a vanguard?)

The mortar volley is still pretty kool but lame compared to its "death from above" mirror move =/

STILL love my trooper tho =)

I hope someone pointed out already that Unload IS vulnerable to pushback. So the argument of Full Auto being less effective than Unload is incorrect. I play a lvl 38 Powertech and can't ever get full Unload damage off unless the enemy is stunned while I do it.

Furthermore, I've never used Mortar Volley but I'm 99% positive the OP is overhyping exactly how long it takes to see damage using that skill, both from the experience of having it used *against* me, and the fact that Death From Above takes roughly a second before you start seeing damage and I doubt very much Bioware decided to not mirror this skill alone out of every single other skill in the game. I am fairly certain it's roughly a second for Mortar Volley to start damaging as well.

This whole thread is null and void imho.

you have no idea what you are talking about. watch the video.

I've played both classes, and the abilities are mirrored exactly. The graphics used are the only thing that's different. I too have noticed problems with the mechanics, where the channeled ability (not "concentrated" as one poster put it. Idiot.) appears to be finished but the remaining rounds finally go off, long after the targets moved out of the way. It has nothing to do with pushback due to myself not being targeted. It's a glitch and it needs to be fixed.

i lov motar volley. it's so high damage everyone on the team waits for u to toss it. It is not meant to be tossed in heavy combat. its an opener, treat it that way.

full auto on the other hand. is an interruptible/channeled spell. I never liked these in any game, and really dont like it on the trooper u have other options. Unless u r a gunnery - i wouldnt mess with it.