To those who have been transferred: worth it?

LTXGroundzero

Well, these aren't transfers as much as they are server merges, let's not let BioWare get away with semantics. My guild basically was gutted, my server which was the same pop as our destination server, and a med-high pop one at that, was gutted. I lost a guild name that I put a lot of time into building up with reputation, our website, etc. I was basically forced to switch my characters over to the new server if I wanted to do anything involving other people. Right now, I'm so disgusted by the whole process that I don't really feel like playing.

In the long run, I think these merges may be worth it. However, I've seen this exact same method used before, by some of the same people, in Warhammer Online. I don't expect SWTOR to die like WAR did, but that may only be because they are starting to publicly say they would embrace a free to play model.

For me, I've got such a bad taste in my mouth due to the way things transpired over the past few days, I'm not sure it's worth it. I cancelled my recurring sub, although I have about 60 days play time left. I'm going to give the game a fair shake in that time, and see if I wind up resubbing.

And don't forget this same method used last year in Rift, which worked beautifully.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest difference I see is most of the people still playing want to love this game and are playing despite its flaws. The groups I've had so far are much better than anytime I've played in SWTOR and compare to Vanilla WoW when many of us were exicted noobs in our first MMO. Excited players = a much more fun experience

And these fundamental flaws were blown out of proportion due to the lowered morale caused by dead servers, thus with the population issue fixed, morale raises, and these "fundamental" flaws don't seem so "fundamental" anymore. :p

Are you even capable of admitting one thing that points to the overwhelming ineptitude with which SWTOR has been managed or do you just enjoy constantly defending EVERYTHING. Your insane level of fanboyism points to either a strange BW lust or maybe you are a major shareholder.

The game is like a completely new game again !! The server I was on never had anyone on , it was impossible to do heroic 4 missions or flash points . NOW I haven't stopped playing for the last few days at all . I fell in love again with the game

Are you even capable of admitting one thing that points to the overwhelming ineptitude with which SWTOR has been managed or do you just enjoy constantly defending EVERYTHING. Your insane level of fanboyism points to either a strange BW lust or maybe you are a major shareholder.

You mean besides all the flaws I've already posted about? :rolleyes: Cherry-pick much?

It's no secret that people here make a bigger deal out of flaws than it really is. And just you watch, a month from now, when everyone is on a decently populated server, the overall "blowing out of proportion" will lessen substantially.

Are you even reading the responses in this thread? I mean, read the one right above this one. "Like a completely new game".

Edited by JeramieCrowe

By the same token I could accuse you of working for NCSOFT of Activision/Blizzard. Why is it that people who like the game have no credibility but critics and haters are granted all the credibility?

Even though I lost three names, among them my very favorite one, I think it was worth it.

Of course, this is another price we have to pay for one of BW's mismanagement mess ups....

But at least my new server is livelier than my old one, and that's something. :rolleyes:

I admit this won't be the best worded post, or one that explains things in too great of detail, but simply...

Pros of transfers:

Groups are easier

PvP Queues are faster and more diverse.

Chat based LFG is possible most of the time

The LFG tool in 1.3 will make said group finding faster by automation.

Operation groups are more likely to be found.

Getting the feeling this game is an MMO

Cons of transfers:

Possible Loss of character/legacy name

Infighting over general quest related mobs respawn.

The fact that resubbing now when 1.3's ETA is sometime next month, as assumed by the player base, not guaranteed.

Server load sometimes causing you to have to wait on login

Event campers (mysterious egg, world bosses, and any other ways people can camp event related spawns such as with short events like the rakghoul pandemic)

The possible loss of mostly silent. easy to follow, sometimes witty, general chat.

The loss of the single player RPG feeling.

Edited by Kenj
Typo

I admit this won't be the best worded post, or one that explains things in too great of detail, but simply...

Pros of transfers:

Groups are easier

PvP Queues are faster and more diverse.

Chat based LFG is possible most of the time

The LFG tool in 1.3 will make said group finding faster by automation.

Operation groups are more likely to be found.

Getting the feeling this game is an MMO

Cons of transfers:

Possible Loss of character/legacy name

Infighting over general quest related mobs respawn.

The fact that resubbing now when 1.3's ETA is sometime next month, as assumed by the player base, not guaranteed.

Server load sometimes causing you to have to wait on login

Event campers (mysterious egg, world bosses, and any other ways people can camp event related spawns such as with short events like the rakghoul pandemic)

The possible loss of mostly silent. easy to follow, sometimes witty, general chat.

The loss of the single player RPG feeling.

Hehe, most MMOers could consider most of your cons actually pros, as they're all indications of a healthy MMO. :p

Hehe, most MMOers could consider most of your cons actually pros, as they're all indications of a healthy MMO. :p
Very true, but there are there are those who take even my more humorously suggested ones as very important reasons to avoid transfers

Uhh...hell yes?

As I've actually re-subbed for the first time in a couple of months. My new server is as bustling and active as my original one was at launch, which I have very fond memories of. Now BW just needs to roll out some NEW and COMPELLING content. Please stop with the dailies crap. No one has ever liked dailies.

Uhh...hell yes?

As I've actually re-subbed for the first time in a couple of months. My new server is as bustling and active as my original one was at launch, which I have very fond memories of. Now BW just needs to roll out some NEW and COMPELLING content. Please stop with the dailies crap. No one has ever liked dailies.

Welcome back! :cool:

Do you remember what the game was like at launch? Post-transfer, it's like that.

On steroids.

With all of the good, and bad, that comes with it.

I really like my guild, but if they had been foolish enough to stay on the old server, I would have said my polite good-byes, and transferred. Fortunately, they aren't that foolish. :cool:

One benefit I have not seen mentioned yet - I admit that I do not scour the GTN daily, but since transferring, I have seen things on the GTN (Orange gear, mostly) that I didn't know existed at all. Great stuff, including the outfit I really wanted for my Sentinel, but never saw as available in a moddable form.

My Smuggler now has that outfit, too. :eek:

This is just my opinion, OP, and in your world, it shouldn't matter for squat, but I say - transfer, without hesitation, and don't look back.

Don't look back.

Riôt

Edited by lordofdamornin

For me, absolutely. Most of my grouping needs have been met in guild, but selling stuff on the GTN was near impossible if you wanted to make money. So I waited until I was transferred, and things sold quickly, and for a decent price as well.

Im still kinda unsure..

Jung Ma's population was HUGE!!! when xfer opened. But over the last few days the population has started to drop again. First day it was like 200 people in fleet. Today, saturday, was like 100 tops, hung around 60-70.

Which worries me because I want the group finder to actually work come 1.3 day

Im still kinda unsure..

Jung Ma's population was HUGE!!! when xfer opened. But over the last few days the population has started to drop again. First day it was like 200 people in fleet. Today, saturday, was like 100 tops, hung around 60-70.

Which worries me because I want the group finder to actually work come 1.3 day

That is weird. Explains why BioWare wanted to watch it over the weekend, though. Probably more coming your way, then.

That is weird. Explains why BioWare wanted to watch it over the weekend, though. Probably more coming your way, then.

Sure hope so! I was lookin at the server list in game and theres not many RP-PVP servers, and two of them were smooshed into JungMa, my old server included.

Fingers crossed