So this is why people complain?

Annex

Following transfer of my server (Legions of Lettow) to Tomb of Freedon Nadd I think I finally get it why people are saying this game is well balanced.

Most people are simply stupifyingly, incredibly, mind bogglingly, BAD at this game.

Honestly on Legions of Lettow, I felt like sorc healers were pretty underpowered but after only a day of playing against 13-15k hp marauders, asassins and powertechs I can honestly say that they are actually hugely overpowered (although so is every other class from my server - oh wait).

Seriously how can people say a thing about balance when its glaringly obvious now post merge that 99% of players are total incompetents who presumably are challenged enough by the games login process, nevermind PvP itself.

On Legions of Lettow I had to kite contantly, melees hit me for 5k+, people steathed for objectives, healers fake casted you know, fairly NORMAL decent play. How refreshing it is now to see people just run around in melee packs mindlessly hitting stuff and keyboard mashing. I just had 4 stuns cast on me whilst i had full resolve. Love it! I might respec to full pve "for the aoe heal! lol nub".

Excellent work people. This totally explains why some people completely fail when discussing balance, theyve just been playing against (or are themselves) wonderfully, beautifully bad players.

Im quite moved. PvP community, you have surprised me today.

Following transfer of my server (Legions of Lettow) to Tomb of Freedon Nadd I think I finally get it why people are saying this game is well balanced.

Most people are simply stupifyingly, incredibly, mind bogglingly, BAD at this game.

Honestly on Legions of Lettow, I felt like sorc healers were pretty underpowered but after only a day of playing against 13-15k hp marauders, asassins and powertechs I can honestly say that they are actually hugely overpowered (although so is every other class from my server - oh wait).

Seriously how can people say a thing about balance when its glaringly obvious now post merge that 99% of players are total incompetents who presumably are challenged enough by the games login process, nevermind PvP itself.

On Legions of Lettow I had to kite contantly, melees hit me for 5k+, people steathed for objectives, healers fake casted you know, fairly NORMAL decent play. How refreshing it is now to see people just run around in melee packs mindlessly hitting stuff and keyboard mashing. I just had 4 stuns cast on me whilst i had full resolve. Love it! I might respec to full pve "for the aoe heal! lol nub".

Excellent work people. This totally explains why some people completely fail when discussing balance, theyve just been playing against (or are themselves) wonderfully, beautifully bad players.

dude its swtor..there INST good pvp..or pvpers around.This game is really poor when it comes to pvp..so any GOOD pvper is playing something else..or waiting for GW2

Dude, seriously? What do you base this on?

The fact that any "pvper" that is playing ToR for his "pvp" experience is by definition terribad and a fail gamer. ToR is good for the single player story experience, real pvpers play real pvp games for that aspect. (MMO pvp in general is terribad. RTW/FPS or **** with your "pvp skill")

The fact that any "pvper" that is playing ToR for his "pvp" experience is by definition terribad and a fail gamer. ToR is good for the single player story experience, real pvpers play real pvp games for that aspect. (MMO pvp in general is terribad. RTW/FPS or **** with your "pvp skill")

Then why are you here?

Is that the definition that you made up in your head just now?

I was also surprised just how bad pre-50 transferee's to Fatman were in pvp. Its like wz's hit a time warp back 3-4 months ago. Granted some of them came from servers with next to nobody on them so they couldn't really pvp much. But wow.....

The kicker is a few of them are very vocal in wz's yet they dont understand how to win in them. And its both sides that are bad at pvp. I watch the opposite faction playing aweful most of the time in game after game. Hate to seem like an elitist but pvp was better before the transfers from my point of view. I'm sure the transferee's are loving it though.

Edited by Kumakichi

Pro Tip for my new server..

You guys are doing awesome never ever in a million years ever focus fire on the other teams healers, or ever focus fire at all really.. Its best to spread DPS all over the field in one on one fights and let their healer out heal your DPS...

Edit:

Screw the objectives this is a death match!

Update:

Please remove your disrupts from your tool bar ASAP....Thank you in advance.

/sarcasm off

Edited by Razot

Same thing on Fatman and Prophesy of the Five. I suspect however a lot of it is players coming back after 5 months and players who haven't been in a pvp match in 3 months due to dead servers. I saw literally 100s of people wearing a mix of recruit/champion/centurion gear yesterday.

I can normally tell the good players from the bad players by their forums posts...

All bad players scream for nerfs... their way of begging BW to make them better without them actually getting better.

Every time I see a "nerf this" post all i see is "I'm bad at this game!!! HELP!"

Good players adapt and any MMO player knows that balance will never be perfect but so far in SWTOR it's been pretty well balanced and any skilled player can excel.... good players know this.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Some of them have decent kit. Its not a 100% stat issue.

I just played a game where a WH sorc used his interrupt on my force lightning.

Woot!

I have people interrupt my FL. I suppose if you weren't paying attention and kept mashing the FL button, you would be doing nothing, since you're locked out of that ability for 4 seconds. Maybe they're banking on you being an idiot? :rak_02:

God, I hope they move Mind Trick. The PVP on our server is intense and even a great deal of the pugs know whats up - people are playing it right and it makes for some great games.

From the sounds of it, there's more than one server Mind Trick could just devour if this is the case. Fingers crossed.

These two are exact opposites. Most of the people complaining about *IMBALANCE* are bads that just plain lose to everything. If you're good, you're going to excel no matter what class you play because the disparity between classes are nothing compared to most other MMO games (including GW2 beta).

dude its swtor..there INST good pvp..or pvpers around.This game is really poor when it comes to pvp..so any GOOD pvper is playing something else..or waiting for GW2

THIS THIS THIS I always chuckle when ppl talk about good pvp and swtor..... as if...

THIS THIS THIS I always chuckle when ppl talk about good pvp and swtor..... as if...

Warzone PvP is more fun in SWTOR than in GW2, however GW2's ORVR PvP is extremely fun. GW2 is taking so long to release their game though that SWTOR is going to have plenty of time to release a "remastered" version of World PvP, and with server populations the way they are now, that could be extremely fun.

Haha. Similar experience moving to Jedi Covenant. Think what happens on the small servers is bads can't really hide among the masses and either get killed so much they either quit q ing or get repeatedly flamed by better, more jerkish players and, well, quit q ing. Leaving even the weakest of the 30 people per side that continued in the 50 bracket as an above-average player. A pug I was in on the new server was beaten easily by 3 players on the origin server rep B- team that hadn't won more than 3 matches in 2 months. Another pug I joined halfway through was absolutely rolled by 4 members of the rep A team (this team won didn't lose more than 2 out of every 10 matches); I joined about 90 seconds in and it was already 3 to nothing. Conversely, if I recognize even 2 names on my own team, even if they're not friends or people I've been in a guild with, I'm pretty sure we're winning.

On a big server like this, it would be tougher to shame someone who's horrible out of q ing, since they can hide in a crow. In one respect, that's a good thing (since it's just a game). In another respect, it's bad, since they won't learn not to attack enemy south in a group of 1 while the rest of you are trying to take west.

Edited by Larry_Dallas