so how do they decide

jofos

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez

Hi folks, just wanted to let you all know that we will be opening up more servers today. I also wanted to remind everyone that the opening of origin servers for free character transfers is now in the fine-tuning stage. We will be monitoring server populations and seeing how they stabilize. What this means is that, while we will open up more origin servers today, you're going to see fewer opening up this week and into the next. The weekend will also provide more data for us.

How did they decide what servers to make wait into next week? I actually think this is much worse than early game access since it has nothing to do with when you pre-ordered. Some people are happy while others get over looked. I know that in the grand scheme of things another week isn't that long but for a player who would like to see all of the game (flashpoints that they can't find groups for and such) this is in fact game breaking.

Heck just from the stand point of making credits in game if there is no one to buy your stuff on the GTN you can't sell it. Right now there are a lot of people in the same boat but after those players have been on a new server a week longer than you they have started to make credits and when you get there you are still broke. Playing catch is not easy. You will be left out of raid groups because they have been filled while your still sitting on a server with only a handful of people.

I know that BW has to wait for stability issues and such and wait for people to log in so they can see how ful servers really are but the ones left out have done nothing but be patient, well in many cases complain alot, but they are really getting the short end of the stick. All customers want to bet treated equally, maybe its not possible, but I don't feel that possible or not BW cares at all.

Edited by jofos

i don't really understand it myself

my friends server the swiftsure while not great on population but much better than my own of the saber of exar kun already got a transfer, i mean i'm assuming cuz that's a west coast so there's few to transfer but still it confuses the hell outa me and really makes no sense

oh well Something will happen with my server for sure i'll just have to be patient lol

it isn't pleasant to be on a server that hasn't yet been selected. people are just logging in to empty their mailboxes now, waiting for the big move. nobody on my server is raiding or doing much of anything beyond waiting in pvp queues. the GTN is also emptying out because nobody knows when the transfer will happen and they don't want to leave anything on it. there's only so long that this state of affairs can continue. to prolong it for another week might actually cost a fair amount of subs as people just get fed up with waiting. Edited by codyr

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez

Hi folks, just wanted to let you all know that we will be opening up more servers today. I also wanted to remind everyone that the opening of origin servers for free character transfers is now in the fine-tuning stage. We will be monitoring server populations and seeing how they stabilize. What this means is that, while we will open up more origin servers today, you're going to see fewer opening up this week and into the next. The weekend will also provide more data for us.

How did they decide what servers to make wait into next week? I actually think this is much worse than early game access since it has nothing to do with when you pre-ordered. Some people are happy while others get over looked. I know that in the grand scheme of things another week isn't that long but for a player who would like to see all of the game (flashpoints that they can't find groups for and such) this is in fact game breaking.

Heck just from the stand point of making credits in game if there is no one to buy your stuff on the GTN you can't sell it. Right now there are a lot of people in the same boat but after those players have been on a new server a week longer than you they have started to make credits and when you get there you are still broke. Playing catch is not easy. You will be left out of raid groups because they have been filled while your still sitting on a server with only a handful of people.

I know that BW has to wait for stability issues and such and wait for people to log in so they can see how ful servers really are but the ones left out have done nothing but be patient, well in many cases complain alot, but they are really getting the short end of the stick. All customers want to bet treated equally, maybe its not possible, but I don't feel that possible or not BW cares at all.

That's how I feel. I have been unable to play the game since my server pop died, but I won't re-roll because I like the Legacy unlocks and I know that xfers were coming. I have been paying Bioware to keep my sub active while I waited for this feature. Now they are basically telling me if I don't get in the next wave, that I'll be stuck waiting. Well, I'm done waiting. This will cost them one more sub considering that every friend I had has already quit. I don't want to unsub, but it seriously feels that they moved the customers they care about and left the rest. Whether that's the case or not, that's the message it sends. I'll just wait and see how this plays out. No need to jump the gun yet and spew posts of hatred.

Im one of those poor souls left on a dead pvp server. Sucks Not going to bother renewing , I cant see getting Fed over and then handing the folks that did it 15 bucks. I joined to PVP but on my server its just not happening unless the D3 server goes down. Or maybe 1 or 2 around peek. To bad I normaly just dont manage to get on around peek.

...I personally never expected them to get all the transfers done in one 4 day week.

This. I'm surprised they did this so quickly tbh. Yes there is a group of people that log on daily but there are also the weekend warriors that won't transfer until Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I expected a slower rollout.

I'm being patient though, ours will come.

Before you "cry wolf" or exclaim that the "sky is falling", perhaps you should wait until tomorrow afternoon before you make any assumptions about what servers are being left behind.

not crying wolf

JovethGonzales said "you're going to see fewer opening up this week and into the next. The weekend will also provide more data for us."

I don't really see how that could maen anything other than some people, maybe not me and you, will have to wait until next week. So if my server is in the next wave it will be great for me but what about the players that are on servers that wait until next week. What make me or anyone else more deserving to get transfered.

What about is they ever have an expansion will it be done the same way? It just seems that they use the wait and see thing to much. Players shouldn't be used as guinea pigs.

Everyone one of us likes to feel that we are important, and that our issue should take precedence. They can't look at the individual they have to look at the whole.. When they started the server transfers my guess is that they probably started with some of the least populated serversin case they ran into issues so the least amount of people would be effected. In my opinion that would be a very wise and level headed approach to this situation.

The rest of the servers were probably chosen based on what their logs show as number of unique log ins per day vs total population able to be sustained on a server as well as local of one server in relation to another in the physical sense. To me there really doesn't seem to be any eenie meenie miney moe to the process. My guess it is very deliberate and thought out process.

Edited by Tahana

I think it’s much like a big jigsaw puzzle, you get the big pieces put together first and the corners then you have to step back and take a look at what you have together and then figure out how the little bits fit in.

So basically what I would do anyways, is look at the servers that have the most stable nightly online averages per faction and smash them together first ….then step back and take some more measurements on server load and faction participation and then see what little bits then fit best where.

This is the reason they haven’t given us a firm list of what servers are going to what destination server because this is very much a plan that is being forged as they go……IMHO

And that’s likely the best way and the only way to get the best results possible.

Edited by LogunOne

Im one of those poor souls left on a dead pvp server. Sucks Not going to bother renewing , I cant see getting Fed over and then handing the folks that did it 15 bucks. I joined to PVP but on my server its just not happening unless the D3 server goes down. Or maybe 1 or 2 around peek. To bad I normaly just dont manage to get on around peek.

you gotta have an active sub to transfer. So don't renew and you can have yet another reason to cry about all this

PATIENCE!

i don't really understand it myself

my friends server the swiftsure while not great on population but much better than my own of the saber of exar kun already got a transfer, i mean i'm assuming cuz that's a west coast so there's few to transfer but still it confuses the hell outa me and really makes no sense

oh well Something will happen with my server for sure i'll just have to be patient lol

Other west coast servers with higher pops than ours (Vornskr) have already been able to transfer, while Biofail just lets us sit her, diddling each other's ****.

you gotta have an active sub to transfer. So don't renew and you can have yet another reason to cry about all this

PATIENCE!

i'm all for patience, but as i said earlier in this thread, servers that haven't yet transferred are in a holding pattern - not doing anything while they figure it out. if it goes on for 2 weeks, that's $7 we paid for the privilege to have "patience" with them.

i don't see any reason to have patience. I'm paying after all, yea sure its almost nothing each month but still. And servers have been dead for months.

Right now i feel like Anakin Skywalker, when obi-wan cut off his legs, and he is screaming how much he hates him.... only for me its bioware... :mon_evil: