So, How Many Names Did You Lose?

Thaed

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My names WERE ORIGINAL AND NO ONE HAD USED THEM. A customer service rep found three of my toon's names inappropriate. The one I could maybe see, but not the other two. I have only had two of those toons since launch so why have an issue with the names now? I was already ticked at them for wasting time "fixing" datacrons and other things instead of actually working on something that matters. Way to keep one of the few people left playing this pos game "happy".

It is not my fault that BW lost tons of subs and had to do server transfers in the first place. I did not set the server limits, how many servers there would be, etc. Why I am being penalized for BWs mistakes? Who does not plan ahead and release a game without being able to transfer or create toons? Hard to get good testing data that way. I am done for at least 3 months, maybe BW will actually release some new content by then. My gametime runs out in 2 weeks and was hoping that server transfers would be a good thing, but BW found a way to tick people off once again. At this point I do not even care if they restore my toon's names, the straw that broke the camel's back.

Out of the 7 of 8 characters I've been able to transfer so far, I lost 2 names. Ariya (which I knew I was gonna lose) and Korin (which was a surprise). But since both those characters are alts, I had no problem with renaming them to Arìya and Korìn, since I'm not really worried about other people having difficulty typing out their names.

TOR has the same generic naming system from WoW. GW2's system is MUCH better. You're allowed to have a space between first & last name and names are cross-server.

One of my transferred characters names is like QFBCBEFBCBCBCBC... I'm going to leave it at that because I don't even care.

TOR has the same generic naming system from WoW. GW2's system is MUCH better. You're allowed to have a space between first & last name and names are cross-server.

One of my transferred characters names is like QFBCBEFBCBCBCBC... I'm going to leave it at that because I don't even care.

GW2 where everything is better and you can even play gnomes and wood elves under another name... :rolleyes:

Several, and that really pisses me off to no end since I preordered 4, yes FOUR collectors editions for friends and myself the day AFTER the announcement. I got early access on the first day and saw the good names I was able to grab as my reward.

Most of my characters names, gone. AND my legacy name. Also gone. Such ********.

Ive got about 60 days game time left on my account, my guild transferred over to our new server but almost everyone has found other things to do while waiting for transfers. Now that we are back on a well populated server ...... no one wants to raid or lvl alts or anything.

Lets see, going to free to play ( dont even try and tell me "well its just the first 15 lvls". ********. Its going to go full on f2p. you know its true ) fairly soon. Microtransactions. Dwindling subscriber base. Half assed content. Punishing players by making them lose names to characters they felt they were connected to. Did I miss anything?

Yeah. **** this game.

Several, and that really pisses me off to no end since I preordered 4, yes FOUR collectors editions for friends and myself the day AFTER the announcement. I got early access on the first day and saw the good names I was able to grab as my reward.

Most of my characters names, gone. AND my legacy name. Also gone. Such ********.

Ive got about 60 days game time left on my account, my guild transferred over to our new server but almost everyone has found other things to do while waiting for transfers. Now that we are back on a well populated server ...... no one wants to raid or lvl alts or anything.

Lets see, going to free to play ( dont even try and tell me "well its just the first 15 lvls". ********. Its going to go full on f2p. you know its true ) fairly soon. Microtransactions. Dwindling subscriber base. Half assed content. Punishing players by making them lose names to characters they felt they were connected to. Did I miss anything?

Yeah. **** this game.

Don't choose common names and expect server mergers and transfer in all MMOs. Less chance to be disappointed. And when it comes to losing those names, the server merger gang has been clamouring this for the last four months. Blame them.

Edited by Rouge

It won't let you log in with the gibberish name. You'll have to enter something else before it lets you in.

I lost 4 names and got to keep one. Its hard to let go sometimes. It was sad to have to change the name of my toon I had come to know as another. I did however get the chance to change the name of a legacy I despised lol. There are always positives. :p

This pretty much ruined the game for me. There are zero people left on Valkar Highway, so at present state the game is impossible to play. And my 3 most played characters names are gone. I would probably not be upset if my main was still available. I have connection to my character name. I've used the same name for 15 years in every RPG I've played. I paid $150 for this game partly for the purpose of getting early access to secure the character names I wanted.

Now I have two options, stay on the server I am on and not play and wait until pay transfers start OR rename all my characters to bullcrap that I won't care about which will probably wain my interest in wanting to play anyway.

It's like the folks at BW are banging rocks and sticks together when they sit around thinking up solutions to these problems...

I lost three of the five I transfered. I'm a bit pissed because I've had those names since the second hour of early access.

Probably characters that haven't been played for months, but because I had to transfer to the other server

instead of the other way round I lost my names. Thanks for nothing.

Oh well, at the least the other two are my current mains, that's something. But one of the other three was

my favorite, and that really stings.

Bleh, can't do anything about it. Hmpf.

Except one, I lost all of my names. SWTOR was the first MMO where I ever got some desirable names in. I also have no room for a few of my characters on the destination server, since I played on two servers that BW decided to merge into one. I am currently not sure what to say, except that I am a mixture of sad, frustrated and angry. To add insult to injury, Bioware seems to be inclined to charge me for transferring the characters that don't have room on the official destination server to another one. I am really not sure what to say....