Body type 2 vs 3, what do you like best?

Finrok

I have serious issues with the male body 2 and body 3.

3 is too large and bulky and I cannot handle playing a character looking like that.

2 is WAY too skinny. I do not want to play a skinny little wimp when in real life my own body far superior (I'm not gloating ... I am an athlete and into strength training and have looked the same since the age of 21 more or less).

I actually prefer the female body 3 because (and this sounds rather weird) it actually looks like me in real life minus the girly bits of course and no my hips aren't that curvy either. I did like my male body 2 slinger though but only because the armor set he wears looks pretty good and adds enough bulk to not make him look like a little man-child.

Edited by Tamanous

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 is WAY too skinny. I do not want to play a skinny little wimp when in real life my own body far superior (I'm not gloating ... I am an athlete and into strength training and have looked the same since the age of 21 more or less).

Haha...ok.

Calling body type 2 a "skinny little wimp" while declairing that you're "far superior" in real life is basically the definition of gloating.

Haha...ok.

Calling body type 2 a "skinny little wimp" while declairing that you're "far superior" in real life is basically the definition of gloating.

Wow really? This is exactly why I said I wasn't gloating ... because of insecure people like you.

I gave the reason why I do not like body 2 for males. That is exactly the reason why. This game is about playing a hero in the Star Wars universe. We are all killing machines and yet Bioware provides us with Body 1 (a prepubescent boy), Body 2 (a man who looks like he never did any real labor in their life), Body 3 (massive, out of proportion and not befitting the concept of a sniper in my mind) and Body 4 (a silly mesomorph entirely too fat and large). The gap between body 2 and 3 is too large. I can't pick a look for a male in this game that befits my image of my character ... it is that simple.

Why I mention myself is because my entire life has evolved around fitness and sports. My body is a performance machine exactly like any true warrior or combatant in an army would be. It has nothing to do with pride ... it is simply necessity. How could I possible compete at the highest levels looking like any of the bodies offered for male characters in this game?

I played high level hockey for years ... how could I compete against 200+lb men smashing me into the boards if I were as small as body 1-2? How could I remain fast and explosive as body 3-4? How many pro-athletes look like any of these bodies in high strength and endurance sports?

I then played volleyball at the highest levels for over 10 years. How could I possibly compete being as short as body 1-2 as a power players? How could I possibly have had the vertical as body 3-4?

I now train in mma, strength train and enjoy mountain climbing. How would it possible to do any of those things looking like body 1-2 when in rl I am 6'3" and would be a skinny rail if I were the weight of even body 2?

Another reason is our racial backgrounds. I am neither a nordic muscle machine or someone of typical short stature. Everyone differs hence why their are various looks we can take in game BUT for some reason Bioware forgot that human men aren't just really small and really massive. The entire spectrum of the "inbetween" is missing.

What you seem to not understand is that every athlete I train with and competition I have been in are not full of egotistical people but are rather incredibly humble and supportive. Sports evolves around team work and most are amazingly supportive and friendly. It is a lifestyle that requires treating your body as a performance machine. I eat healthy which takes time for prepare meals and money to buy proper food and devote up to 20 hours a week in training for all disciplines ... and you think you have the right to come here and say I am gloating when I bust my ***** to do things most people could only dream of doing? It only shows your insecurity. Not once at any moment in time do I ever gloat in real life about my abilities. I am Taoist and incredibly humble outside my athletic circles because of my beliefs and because of people like you who judge others base upon their own insecurities.

This world is not about equality. That is a myth. Someone can train just as hard as me and never look the same or be as good as me in the sports I train in. That is reality. That is fact. It is separate entirely from ego. I've had to compete against others more gifted than I, and I don't whine about it. I've suffered defeats, and I don't whine about it. I've suffered terrible injuries, and I don't whine about it. There is no ego here. There is only hard work and results come from it. Despite this I encourage all people to practice a health lifestyle for the benefits it brings to someone's life. Everyone can do something someone else cannot do as well. It may be physical or mental and healthy living enhances both and both enhance each other.

When I said I had serious issues with the body choices in this game I meant it. Bioware has a complete disconnect with reality. They expect us to create a character who is a performance machine and give us looks that don't even include what actual athletic people look like (minus body 3 for woman which is more amazonian than reality hence why it is far closer to a real male athlete). I know what it takes to do the things that elite warriors would have to do and NO male choice in game looks like that. I have a serious problem with it and typically cannot play a male toon long in this game due to it's disconnect from reality.

I train with what you would evidently call the "egotistical" portion of society and know very well the body type required for extreme performance and physical work. I train with police, military and professional athletes. They all look like Greek gods but despite your opinion they typically are some of the most intelligent, humble and outright normal people I know.

You cannot know humility if you never reach your own limits and it takes a hell of a lot of effort to know your limits both physically and mentally. It is a life journey ... now only if Bioware understood this by simply adding a Body 2.5 into this game.

Edited by Tamanous

I usually play male body type 3 but would support something between 2 and 3.

To the dude above me, I'd let stuff like you responded to go. It's the internet and responding to all the guys just going for a reaction isn't going to produce the results you're after and will waste too much of your time. But you're welcome to do as you please.

My first toon was female with body type 2. From the loading screen it seemed the prettiest, but when I started playing her it ended up bothering me that she was so curvy. Oddly enough made it really hard for me to relate to. Since then they've all ended up being body type 1.

Female

Type 1: My favourite, though I kind of wish she were a little shorter.

Type 2: Chest seem to big for me to really consider her 'average', though she definitely has a nice build. Some of the faces seem a little odd though.

Type 3: The most unrealistic. I've seen decently buff women before but never really of that particular shape. The most unrealistic I think.

Type 4: The arms seem a little out of proportion, but otherwise It's really cute. It does kind of bother me that the males have an actual 'fat' model while women are just a little curvier. xD I think that this is a more realistic version of 2 though.

Time for me to objectify the men a little bit :D

Males:

Type 1: The build itself doesn't bother me, but the head seems absolutely gargantuan compared to everything else. If it were a little more to scale this one would probably be my favorite.

Type 2: Kind of reminds me of a male underwear model or something. Really fantastic to look at, but probably not a decent representation of the average :p

Type 3: I guess this one works well for warriors, or troopers. Honestly It makes me think of the weightlifters I laugh at at the gym because they can't turn their necks, or touch their own backs. U___U; That amount of muscle is borderline creepy.

Type 4: Kingpin! Nice for variety, though the six pack probably wasn't necessary.

Edited by Fiamma_Verde

I usually play male body type 3 but would support something between 2 and 3.

To the dude above me, I'd let stuff like you responded to go. It's the internet and responding to all the guys just going for a reaction isn't going to produce the results you're after and will waste too much of your time. But you're welcome to do as you please.

Wanting a reaction has nothing to do with my post. I was simply pointing out the ridiculousness of his words.

You simply cannot say that you're not gloating...when you're calling something a "skinny little wimp" and declairing yourself as "far superior".

That's basically the definition of gloating.

My point was made...no reaction was necessary.

Edited by VitalityPrime

• 4 months later...
Female:

1 - skinny with little curves

2 - "average"

3 - curvy

4 - Amazon!

(all mine are body type 2 with one character body 1 because she's younger)

Male:

1 - I think this is a scrawny teenage boy

2 - Average male! :D

3 - Buff burly man :x

4 - Chubby but the character still has abs! So...yeah o___o

Since I am a guy I find I always play males but I really only like 2 (I just feel it looks good in anything)

I prefer the taller, stronger build (erm, edit: am a girl). But I've used normal on a Consular & Smuggler, and a petite one on the IA. I wish some of the companions used a hulky male build because, well, they look better to my eyes :) and I would like them taller than my female character. Edited by DomiSotto

Duran'del here:

I normally use body type 2 on all my characters. I do have a body type 3 Juggernaut.

If I have a character who is supposed to be a child of one of my characters, they will most likely be body type 1.

My troopers are all body type 2, and I have 2 commandos(Both male) and a VG.

Guess what new rest time I use for them.

"Drop and give me wimpy, soldier!"

"You realize how heavy this Assault Cannon is, right?"

:D

1- anorexia,bulimia , malnutrition during childhood, heavy smoking since age 7

2-something between skinny little short guys and normal ones ,; not bad for female

3-what any male class should look like except consular maybe. the size is a little out of proportion,but still it's the closest thing to real life healthy and fit male. ; a little weird for females,unless they have fitting gear.

4. fat guys/chubby girls

I always play male and 3,cus i am 70% 3 and 30 % 2 in RL. .Easier to immerse.

Edited by Kaedusz

The problem with male body type 3 is the chest area, I mean, once they wear clothes or gear it feels like they 're having breasts or something like that, I mean, how far does it go? I still wonder who, at BW, thought the chest proportions were fine... Edited by yoomazir

Neither.

Seriously.

We need body type 5.

BioWare, your employees are clearly spending more time watching **** at work than actually working. Someone was supposed to make a fat girl, and came up with body type 4. Pretty high standards.

Edited by easeyway

The problem with male body type 3 is the chest area, I mean, once they wear clothes or gear it feels like they 're having breasts or something like that, I mean, how far does it go?

Like, pecs?

Honestly, heavy armor on male BT2 is worse in this female's humble opinion. It's a huge chest and shoulders sitting on a Barbie waist, with that pseudo-Body-building 3/4 turn... I couldn't stop laughing, had to go with Synth on the male companions.

It's like people think SWTOR's character art is supposed to be realistic. It's actually very stylized and in fact reminds me of comic book art where everyone is at least somewhat attractive and has some kind of barbie waist regardless of gender or size.

As a female I prefer the 2 and 3 male bodies. All the body types are more or less caricatures and extremes of the body shapes they are intended to represent. If you take the female body type 1 literally of course anorexia and malnutrition come to mind. If you take it for what it is--heavily stylized--there isn't anything wrong with it.

I pick the body that best fits the voice. For instance, my female consular sage is body type 1. It just fits. My male sith juggernaut is body type 3. It just makes sense! My male jedi knight is body type 2, because I can't take that voice seriously when it comes out of body #3.

Perusing the thread I see a bit of "X seems most realistic and healthy to me". TOR's art is very stylized and subjective, and not very realistic AT ALL. It's like the arguments on the World of Warcraft forum over whether X race is too fat or too skinny and "unrealistic" in a game with cartoony graphics. TOR has somewhat cartoony, comic book-esque graphics. You won't find "realistic" here, so don't even try lol. All the female bodies are more shapely and well-endowed than I would say is "realistic", all the male bodies (save #4) have a rather feminine tiny waist and equally tiny, unshapely hindquarters in comparison to real humans.

I take the bodies for what they are--cartoony art with a very clear style present, and that style certainly isn't realism, and pick the body size that fits the voice and role. :)

Edited by eldefail

In my opinion

Female

1. Thin and small

2. An actress of adult entertainment

3. Amazon

4. Overweight/sumo

Male:

1. Teenager/really small and thin guy

2. Normal, athletic man

3. A mountain

4. Overweight/sumo

I'm usually using female body type 1 and male body type 2, though I got some male body type 1 and female body type 2 alts, too.

It's like people think SWTOR's character art is supposed to be realistic. It's actually very stylized and in fact reminds me of comic book art where everyone is at least somewhat attractive and has some kind of barbie waist regardless of gender or size.

As a female I prefer the 2 and 3 male bodies. All the body types are more or less caricatures and extremes of the body shapes they are intended to represent. If you take the female body type 1 literally of course anorexia and malnutrition come to mind. If you take it for what it is--heavily stylized--there isn't anything wrong with it.

I pick the body that best fits the voice. For instance, my female consular sage is body type 1. It just fits. My male sith juggernaut is body type 3. It just makes sense! My male jedi knight is body type 2, because I can't take that voice seriously when it comes out of body #3.

Perusing the thread I see a bit of "X seems most realistic and healthy to me". TOR's art is very stylized and subjective, and not very realistic AT ALL. It's like the arguments on the World of Warcraft forum over whether X race is too fat or too skinny and "unrealistic" in a game with cartoony graphics. TOR has somewhat cartoony, comic book-esque graphics. You won't find "realistic" here, so don't even try lol. All the female bodies are more shapely and well-endowed than I would say is "realistic", all the male bodies (save #4) have a rather feminine tiny waist and equally tiny, unshapely hindquarters in comparison to real humans.

I take the bodies for what they are--cartoony art with a very clear style present, and that style certainly isn't realism, and pick the body size that fits the voice and role. :)

Ok...what was your point with that?

Even though you can consider the art cartoony...I'm still going to pick the body size that seems most realistic to me out of the choices given.

Also, picking "the body size that fits the voice and role" is picking the size that seems most realistic for the story. So basically...you try to ridicule people who pick what they consider the most "realistic"...even though you do the same.

In my opinion

Female

1. Thin and small

2. An actress of adult entertainment

3. Amazon

4. Overweight/sumo

I honestly have no idea how someone could consider female body type 4 as "overweight/sumo".

Edited by VitalityPrime

I honestly have no idea how someone could consider female body type 4 as "overweight/sumo".

And I honestly have no idea how someone can consider male body type 3 being anywhere near "normal", unless your idea of "normal" is two meters tall body builder. But I guess it's up to one's personal ideal of what is closest to normal.

Might also be that at least some women find female body type 1 to be normal or even pretty because the beauty norm for women is more or less "be thin" right now, while some men find male body type 3 normal and good-looking because the beauty norm for men right now seems to be "be muscular".