Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll

CelCawdro

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated. And Shoogli, that is something I considered when I first created this thread. However, I decided to attempt to ground the Top Five to species that would be reasonably easy to implement using existing content (ie. body types, voiceovers, animations, cutscenes, etc.). In short, species that fit the mold of the themepark content we've been given. However, that being said, should BioWare choose to look for more extreme options, all the data is still right there.

The Top Five exists only to provide an at-a-glance look at the popular and most plausible of species.

Likewise, I added an asterisk to Voss. I justified their implementation by the fact that both Empire and Republic are vying for them to join their respective factions, however, I believe that a person should have to complete Voss to unlock the species - the player needs to see how that story plays out before understanding how a Voss comes to join the Empire or Republic. That being said, there are quite a few species that would be problematic in the same regard, however, I believe that players are simply going to have to accept the scant few immersion-breaking dialogue options that are bound to pop up; they already occur quite often with the existing "alien" selections. I added the asterisk, however, because this problem becomes most apparent when an entire planet is dedicated to the species.

I'm a staunch believer that the majority of these species should not be able to be unlocked until you've played through the game once - only once you've completed a "virgin," as-intended playthrough should you be exposed to the more outlandish situations that can occur. Veteran players can deal with this for the sake of variety, however, new players may be a bit more perturbed.

I would like to see

1) Kel Dor

2) Togruta

3) Selonian

Edit: Having looked through whatsallready been voted for..... it looks like im the only one to think of Selonian?

I thought they looked cool :confused:

Edited by RigbyC

Edit: Having looked through whatsallready been voted for..... it looks like im the only one to think of Selonian?

I thought they looked cool :confused:

Selonian is up there under non-humanoid. Their portrayal has varied from giant ferret to humanoid, but SW:TOR seems to have settled on a middle-ground. They have animalistic legs, in combination with a tail, and a completely unique upper body.

Trandosian (really want to see this one)

Wookie

Mon Calamari

Bothan

Also want to see appearance items added to give my character a droid appearance. Even if I cant create a droid, I would like to have appearance items I could assign to my body...legs, arms, torso and head to give myself a droid appearance.

This gives me the bonus of choosing a more thorough cyborg appearance if I wish.

You can simply alter the voice to give it a mechanical filter.

Edited by LordArtemis

1 - Kel Dor

2 - Togruta

3 - Nautolan

Three most mainstream humanoid races, three races that have models in game already, three Star Wars races that most people like and consider an important part of the franchise.

Weequay, Mon Calamari, Wookies and Jawas(joke of a race) are a big no-no for me mostly due to the credibility of romances in game but also things that I would find silly. Wookie sentinel. Jawa juggernaut. Just can't see that happening. Let's keep this game relatively serious, please.

And I don't really get why would the zeltron get any serious votes. I can already imagine the flame on forums if BioWare applied ANOTHER race of red humans. Echani - as someone already mentioned, already can be done with normal human(remember all the ***** storm related to all the races being pretty much . Nothing stands in your way to rp as an Echani. Yoda's species? No way. Too rare to see dozens of them strolling through rep fleet. Also - imagine a yoda's species juggernaut. No.

As much as I don't like rodians, they are essential to Star Wars in my opinion and would fit pretty much any class with a bit of lube(although they'd make best smugglers for obvious reasons, but also fairly good for jedi classes), so I would vote for every one race in the top five. Only problem would be with Voss - remember that the quests tell you how alien and weird they are.. and yet you are one. x)

Sorry for tiny digressions! :rak_01:

Sorry for the disturbance, but...

1 - Kel Dor

2 - Togruta

3 - Nautolan

Weequay, Mon Calamari, Wookies and Jawas(joke of a race) are a big no-no for me mostly due to the credibility of romances in game but also things that I would find silly. Wookie sentinel. Jawa juggernaut. Just can't see that happening. Let's keep this game relatively serious, please.

I think that either you contradict yourself, either you mistake some species with others species.

Weequay is probably one of the most humanoid species (when excluding recolored humans as Mirialans or Chiss), a little behind Twi'lek and Togruta who have perfectly human face, at the same level as Nautolan and Devaronian or Purebloods who have their face modified from the humans. Kel Dor are at a higher level of non-humanness.

Edited by Altheran

Sorry for the disturbance, but...

I think that either you contradict yourself, either you mistake some species with others species.

Weequay is probably one of the most humanoid species (when excluding recolored humans as Mirialans or Chiss), a little behind Twi'lek and Togruta who have perfectly human face, at the same level as Nautolan and Devaronian or Purebloods who have their face modified from the humans. Kel Dor are at a higher level of non-humanness.

I put the Weequays in that pool because they are hideous. Of course I know that Kel Dor aren't pretty, but look how many people find them ****** and how many female fans loved Plo Koon. Have you ever seen any love for ugly weequays? That's of course my opinion, but this topic is about opinions, right? There are more reasons why would I not want to see trandoshans, wookies, weequays and other races like that as playable - the helmets. It's already pain in the *** with Twi'leks, don't you think?

Edit: I have no idea what I wrote there, but apparently some words used as a substitute of "ugly" are considered a swear word and need to be censored. Way to go.

Edited by Kleryk

I put the Weequays in that pool because they are hideous. Of course I know that Kel Dor aren't pretty, but look how many people find them ****** and how many female fans loved Plo Koon. Have you ever seen any love for ugly weequays? That's of course my opinion, but this topic is about opinions, right? There are more reasons why would I not want to see trandoshans, wookies, weequays and other races like that as playable - the helmets. It's already pain in the *** with Twi'leks, don't you think?

Edit: I have no idea what I wrote there, but apparently some words used as a substitute of "ugly" are considered a swear word and need to be censored. Way to go.

I'd play a Weequay in a minute. Would make a great Bounty Hunter. Which list they're on should reflect their objective appearance, not your subjective opinion of them.

I'd play a Weequay in a minute. Would make a great Bounty Hunter. Which list they're on should reflect their objective appearance, not your subjective opinion of them.

This thread is about our subjective opinions. :) But you are right about their choices. I guess that the in-game model of weequay aren't that horrible in this game and would make good guardians/bounty hunters, but still, if I had to vote for three, they would be way out of my votes for many reasons out of which I named few like the helmet issue.

Okay, it you find it ugly.

I just thought it was bizarre to put them in the same lot as Wookies, Mon Calamari and Jawa, who are species who fit your point perfectly. (Just that Weequays seemed out of the place in that list)

Edited by Altheran