Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll

CelCawdro

Much to my chagrin, Chagrian aren't getting much of a look in.... (see what I did there)... and there's already models in game for them :(

Already voted so I won't skew the numbers by voting again ;)

Unfortunately, the models of the more exotic aliens in-game already aren't customizable. But, at the very least, I'm more hopeful for the ones that the developers liked enough to put into the game already.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodian and Kel Dor species don't "work" because they don't have the proper lips for romance scenes. But who knows. maybe BioWare can have those character give a heartfelt handshake instead of an intimate kiss.

I am not too worried about the kissing aspect. My JK had robes with a hood, all I saw was the edge of my robe cutting through the love interests face. Also while I thought the romance arc might be cool once you get to lv 50 you never hear from them again so its not a major point in my honest view.

I did have the same concern however that they might think kissing a creature without a normal mouth would be stupid but given the whole 30 seconds of kissing animation against the chocie to play a species I wanted to play I know what I would pick. And there are a whole list or more glaring graphic and lore issues than a human and a rodian making out.

Edited by Izorii

Rodian and Kel Dor species don't "work" because they don't have the proper lips for romance scenes. But who knows. maybe BioWare can have those character give a heartfelt handshake instead of an intimate kiss.

Take a look at the developer follow up response to that particular joke being blown out of proportion - it's included in the main post. It's not about animations or fictional biology, but about the relatabilty of your character. To meet these end, they've given us nothing but near-humans (or near-near-humans ;)), but it is something they've stated that they are willing to gravitate away from, particularly with the legacy system (at least, formerly) guaranteeing one "pure" run with the non-exotic species.

Edited by CelCawdro

It's okay to turn to your companions and say "What are you supposed to be?" It's not okay to look in the mirror and say that.

I've always found this argument to be rather absurd. Other games have allowed for playable species which aren't "nearly human," and it worked.

This statement is demonstrably false. Players can, and do, relate to player characters which are not near-human in appearance. That's not my opinion, it's fact.

I mean, you are aware there are games out there where we can play as... Pikachu, right? The thing literally has a one word vocabulary, and he's fit to be the main character.

-Macheath.

Edited by Macheath

Indeed. Thankfully (and I should find and add this particular bit), during an interview after Cathar were announced, the developers mentioned being much more open to a greater diversity of species. Paraphrasing, they went as far as to say that if the players wanted to play a giant glob of jelly, they'd make it happen. It, obviously, remains to be seen if that was just lip service.

Indeed. Thankfully (and I should find and add this particular bit), during an interview after Cathar were announced, the developers mentioned being much more open to a greater diversity of species. Paraphrasing, they went as far as to say that if the players wanted to play a giant glob of jelly, they'd make it happen. It, obviously, remains to be seen if that was just lip service.

I hope Cathar do well, so that we can get more diverse and alien species in the game. I already have one of every race, but they all bleed into the same thing after a while. Yeah Chiss are cool, but the end result is just a blue human..

I hope Cathar do well, so that we can get more diverse and alien species in the game. I already have one of every race, but they all bleed into the same thing after a while. Yeah Chiss are cool, but the end result is just a blue human..

Yeah they are pretty far down on my wish list, but I'd roll one just to contribute to the numbers and encourage some of the.species I'd really like to see

I've always found this argument to be rather absurd. Other games have allowed for playable species which aren't "nearly human," and it worked.

This statement is demonstrably false. Players can, and do, relate to player characters which are not near-human in appearance. That's not my opinion, it's fact.

I mean, you are aware there are games out there where we can play as... Pikachu, right? The thing literally has a one word vocabulary, and he's fit to be the main character.

-Macheath.

I agree

How much you want to make a bet Togruta will be next ? :) Then you will see a post titled

"10 species better than Togruta" lol :p

People are petty like that, unfortunately. Although quite safe, design-wise (ie. very humanoid, no "excess" biology), Cathar nearly always placed in the top three in player-created polls such as these. And BioWare itself is responsible for the popularity of the species due to Juhani. Introducing it first was a no-brainer.

Edited by CelCawdro

1. Devaronian

2. Chagrian

3. Mon Calamari

Though I'd love to see tattoos, such as those available to Troopers and Sith Warriors, be available to ALL human characters (as default or as a race unlock). No need to add, say, Kiffar or Sarkhai when you are just one face tattoo and a little creativity from having them as it is. Also, despite me loving Echani, I didn't include them from my list because they can be made with human customization as it is.

I think you should change your top 5 to a top 10 and instead of not showing the "extreme" races, do show them but with a colour code.

So this :

Overall Top Five

1. Togruta

2. Nautolan

3. Kel Dor

4. Voss

5. Rodian

would become this and reflect the reality of the votes a little more :

Overall Top Ten

1. Togruta

2. Nautolan

3. Wookie

4. Kel Dor

5. Jawa

6. Voss

7. Rodian

8. Droid

9. Mon Calamari

10. Trandoshan

Besides, on another note, am fairly certain that integrating Voss as playable would be a much higher difficulty due to the entire planet storyline (essentially ALL the dialogues would have to be re-written), than just say having a Mon Calamari with the normal voice they already have for players, or a Jawa replacing the voicing by Jawaese chatter (and reworking the camera angles)...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.