The next large PVP East Server Speculation Thread

Koenig-O-Riain

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No the difference here is The Fatman already had a healthy population. Here they are just dumping a bunch of 50 population dead servers on another light server. If they were going to dump lights on another light it should been done first.

And they said they would be doing this a month ago, combining a bunch of lighter servers together. You had ample warning. Don't cry about it.

i can see they are doing this to avoid complains about MY NAME IS TAKEN ALREADY and stuff like that. Awesome job complainers, this is what you get when you act like a child, to be treated like scum.

Sad enough i never complained but still ill be on this new server :confused:

I'd say that's the average age of those who aren't paying their own sub bills and think everything is rainbows, sure.

I pay my sub bill, realize everything isn't rainbows, and STILL have the common sense to realize that merging the remaining PVP servers into one should make a second Fatmanish server. And better yet, the people transferring there are more likely to get to keep their names! Win win!

Edited by Galbatorrix

Don't be so ignorant to the actual problem. Just because you stick a bunch of people together doesn't mean a strong community will form. The choice to not pick a sever with a much higher starting population makes it FAR harder to come together. All BW had to do was use whatever server had the highest pop for the group they are consolidating and put us there not a dead, wasteland.

Yes Fatman is over-poped and and I didn't think for a second I'd end up there after no xferr yesterday

I'm not ignorant of the actual problem. The actual problem is that you don't care who ends up on the "other" server as long as it's not you.

That about sum it up? Yeah, thought so.

Edited by YanksfanJP

Saber has a decent core left of hardcore people that will join with ALL the other servers on our new server. I look forward to the new home and the quick Q pops to go along with pug world boss raids and picking up a pug here and there to fill out our ops groups.

I will commemorate our melting pot with some free aug kit giveaways when 1.3 goes live. (now please announce our move)

Thanks for the laugh. Funniest post of the day!

.....oh wait you were serious with this? Now it's so ludicrous that it is funnier

Nice constructive argument against my point.

I see you've been reading the '12 year old's big ol' book of comebacks'. Adorable.

I pay my sub bill, realize everything isn't rainbows, and STILL have the common sense to realize that merging the remaining PVP servers into one should make a second Fatmanish server. And better yet, the people transferring there are more likely to get to keep their names! Win win!

We'll see. I'm saving my rage post for after the transfer. :D

Don't be so ignorant to the actual problem. Just because you stick a bunch of people together doesn't mean a strong community will form. The choice to not pick a sever with a much higher starting population makes it FAR harder to come together. All BW had to do was use whatever server had the highest pop for the group they are consolidating and put us there not a dead, wasteland.

Yes Fatman is over-poped and and I didn't think for a second I'd end up there after no xferr yesterday

The truth of the matter is that it didn't really matter what the destination server was, because they weren't going to send any of the remaining PvP East servers to the destination servers from yesterday. There are like 17 PvP East servers remaining without transfer options and it's pretty much guaranteed they are all going to Prophecy. It's still going to be a huge server because some of the remaining PvP East servers aren't even that small.

We'll see. I'm saving my rage post for after the transfer. :D

See everyone, THIS is how adults do it. Wait and rage when you're given an actual reason to! :D

I think most people that are mad are probably mad due to them having rerolled on Fatman and now they can't transfer their old characters to that server. The same thing happened to me. I'm on JC and my old characters got transfered to Canderous. I got over it.

yay all 80 of us are going to have so much fun while the thousands on fatman laugh at us when we have to pay to move there.

Jov, please send this one to fatman where they will fit in nicely. Hell not even their server, just make this one exception for Berezo only.

Edited by gripenfelter

Do the math. Average remaining population on those "dead" servers is say let's 20 people on fleet during primtime. 20 people on P5 already during primetime. Merge all into 1 = 400 people on fleet during primetime.

I think 20 is also low as our server has 40-50 during primetime on fleet, with a couple of guilds doing Ops. P5 will be a Fatman.

Do the math. Average remaining population on those "dead" servers is say let's 20 people on fleet during primtime. 20 people on P5 already during primetime. Merge all into 1 = 400 people on fleet during primetime.

I think 20 is also low as our server has 40-50 during primetime on fleet, with a couple of guilds doing Ops. P5 will be a Fatman.

It's like people didn't even pay attention to what happened to The Bastion.

I, for one, am glad Darth Malak likely won't be moving to The Fatman. It's been the poster child for all the re-rollers to get to, which makes me wary of the community.

You bring up a good point, one in which I never really thought of! Think about it, most of the people on the Fatman are like you say, re-rollers. Now, I do not want to paint a bad picture of re-rollers but one aspect about the is that in the sight of the slightest negativity, they will abandon the server and run to the "next best thing". What happens 5 months from now if Prophecy of the Five becomes the PvP server that is always Full/Very Heavy while Fatman just becomes heavy, then all of those re-rollers on Fatman will jump on Pof5.

So yeah, at least with Pot5 you have people transferring in who were patiened and very loyal/dedicated to their communities/guild to the point where they did their best to make a better communitiy rather than quitting and running towards another community, taking the easy way out.

So look at it this way, Fatman will have the "trendy" kids who what everything now and are impatient and do not want to take the time to make a better community but rather just search out an already established community. While on Pot5 you will have loyal people who even in the hardest times, would still be around upholding the community.

Which makes me think, maybe it won't be a bad thing if The Shadowlands [PvE East] is chosen as a Destination server instead of an origin server transferring to Jedi Covenant/Canderous Ordo.

Nice constructive argument against my point.

I see you've been reading the '12 year old's big ol' book of comebacks'. Adorable.

Sorry but the fact that actually posted that it wasn't the manufacturers fault their product wasn't enjoyed by the consumer and that they didn't have to do something different to continue to make a profit left me speechless.

You bring up a good point, one in which I never really thought of! Think about it, most of the people on the Fatman are like you say, re-rollers. Now, I do not want to paint a bad picture of re-rollers but one aspect about the is that in the sight of the slightest negativity, they will abandon the server and run to the "next best thing". What happens 5 months from now if Prophecy of the Five becomes the PvP server that is always Full/Very Heavy while Fatman just becomes heavy, then all of those re-rollers on Fatman will jump on Pof5.

So yeah, at least with Pot5 you have people transferring in who were patiened and very loyal/dedicated to their communities/guild to the point where they did their best to make a better communitiy rather than quitting and running towards another community, taking the easy way out.

So look at it this way, Fatman will have the "trendy" kids who what everything now and are impatient and do not want to take the time to make a better community but rather just search out an already established community. While on Pot5 you will have loyal people who even in the hardest times, would still be around upholding the community.

Which makes me think, maybe it won't be a bad thing if The Shadowlands [PvE East] is chosen as a Destination server instead of an origin server transferring to Jedi Covenant/Canderous Ordo.

Providing people calm down and accept that POT5 can become a proper server, I believe it'll become the hardcore PvP server with a strong community. It'll be full of dedicated players and even if it is a bit smaller than Fatman, I reckon most people will reroll or pay transfer to go to this server as it'll have a rep for proper PvP. Fatman will always be the instant gratification server.

However this all depends on faith. If people aren't faithful that POT5 can survive then it won't as people will be too quick to leave/reroll elsewhere. What it needs is a great showing of numbers tonight and for the next week or so and then people will relax that it is strong.

Before people started doing their mass exodus to The Fatman, I'd say that server was 3x that of what our server was. Of course I'm not sure of the numbers now, so it'll be interesting to see if there remains 2 or 3 PvP east servers. Edited by MasterFeign

Did people really think all the rest of the PVP E would end up on the Fatman?? Be realistic. They took a light server in the Baston and made it Heavy to Full over night. I think they know what they are doing.

I don't think most people are naive enough to honestly think PoTF won't be very heavy/full tonight... they're just mad because they rerolled to Fatman and were hoping to consolidate. I can understand, the same happened to me (rerolled to JC and my old characters ended up on Canderous). But, at least both servers will be full. Maybe play Imps on one and Rep on the other?

127 on Imperial Fleet right now. I'm sure people are checking out their transfers, but this server will be far from dead. All the re-rollers are just mad they couldn't unite their characters. For the record, I kept all the names I had before except two throwaways (one of which I was wanting to change anyway).

127 on Imperial Fleet right now. I'm sure people are checking out their transfers, but this server will be far from dead. All the re-rollers are just mad they couldn't unite their characters. For the record, I kept all the names I had before except two throwaways (one of which I was wanting to change anyway).

Yeah, and 58 on the republic side.

This is why this will fail horribly. Fatman worked because they had, surprisingly, an already strong faction balance. Adding more people will tip that balance, but not by much.

P5, on the other had, has no community to speak of. This means that transfers will be the deciding factor on faction balance, aka itll be exactly the same as the old servers: thriving Imp side, dead in the water Rep faction. Seeing this, rep players (like me) will be leaving P5 to go play their already-existing fatman toons.

TL:DR P5 isnt going to work because it'll have a pathetically small republic faction, just like the "origin" servers that are being pooled into it, while fatman will enjoy a thriving community.

Yeah, and 58 on the republic side.

This is why this will fail horribly. Fatman worked because they had, surprisingly, an already strong faction balance. Adding more people will tip that balance, but not by much.

P5, on the other had, has no community to speak of. This means that transfers will be the deciding factor on faction balance, aka itll be exactly the same as the old servers: thriving Imp side, dead in the water Rep faction. Seeing this, rep players (like me) will be leaving P5 to go play their already-existing fatman toons.

TL:DR P5 isnt going to work because it'll have a pathetically small republic faction, just like the "origin" servers that are being pooled into it, while fatman will enjoy a thriving community.

If you transferred another 20 unbalanced servers to Fatman, it wouldn't be balanced anymore either.

If you transferred another 20 unbalanced servers to Fatman, it wouldn't be balanced anymore either.

Its a matter of ratio.

Adding 20 players to a server with 5 changes the balance drastically.

Adding 20 players to a server with 200 barely even touches the balance.

Right now, with 6 servers xfering, P5 is at about 1:3 ratio for imps. I don't see that changing any time soon, and personally thats why im going back on fatman.

Its a matter of ratio.

Adding 20 players to a server with 5 changes the balance drastically.

Adding 20 players to a server with 200 barely even touches the balance.

Right now, with 6 servers xfering, P5 is at about 1:3 ratio for imps. I don't see that changing any time soon, and personally thats why im going back on fatman.

You're seriously underestimating the active population on the non-Fatty servers.

You're seriously underestimating the active population on the non-Fatty servers.

Its not a matter of active population: those numbers were only used to illustrate a point. At the end of the day, the ratio is still 1:3 (numbers of players in the fleet right now on each side) and, since thats about the best that can be said from pre-xfered server, there is no way short of a miracle that is going to change. If it did, that would defy the laws of logic, statistics and possibly even physics.