The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Transfered from a low pop server to a lower pop server...

ModernZombie

Be patient and wait a week to see what happens. I do think they should have just taken a group of servers and merged them, instead of allowing people to transfer. That puts more pressure on them that the transfer is immediately gonna be awesome. If they had transfered 3 dead servers to another dead server, then the population would have increased immediately instead of the trickle effect. But whatever it is what it is. I think they had some glitches or bugs which they fixed this morning that was preventing the process.

The game is great any more ways then its bad, so be patient a bit longer and see if Bioware can move this along. Don't give up yet! Changes are around the corner and there is lots more gameplay to be had!

Aeturna/Cynders of The Constant

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant blame the OP for being annoyed. as with most things in this game, the lack of proper communication and giving us detailed information is the problem.

Yes we know the process is going to take some time, but why couldnt they simply post a list of all servers and the intended destination? That way people know exactly where they will end up and can start making plans. No, they would rather keep people in the dark guessing...

Wouldn't anyone active, ie: people you would be actually playing with anyway, transfer? I can't see any significant number of active players staying on a dead server that will be eventually closed. I think you just have to wait a couple days because a lot of people are not going to be the person BW expirements the server transfer with and will stay back to make sure it worked for a couple other people first. Also I don't think you can really get a legit idea of what a server is going to look like until at least prime time a couple days after the transfers happen.

You would think everybody that is active would transfer, which is why it makes no sense to not do full merges, because then you KNOW what the expected population is. Then, offer free transfers to a dead server for those folks who like small population servers (which is what they used as an excuse to do it this way).

You won't get a legit idea of what a server will look like until the transfers are closed. People could be waiting, on vacation, enjoying the summer, etc. Since a certain percentage of the population will transfer, you won't know what that is until the transfers are no longer happening.

Be patient and wait a week to see what happens. I do think they should have just taken a group of servers and merged them, instead of allowing people to transfer. That puts more pressure on them that the transfer is immediately gonna be awesome. If they had transfered 3 dead servers to another dead server, then the population would have increased immediately instead of the trickle effect. But whatever it is what it is. I think they had some glitches or bugs which they fixed this morning that was preventing the process.

The game is great any more ways then its bad, so be patient a bit longer and see if Bioware can move this along. Don't give up yet! Changes are around the corner and there is lots more gameplay to be had!

Aeturna/Cynders of The Constant

I hear you. And I am patient. I expect great things from this game. But after 6 months of "soon" the patience wears thin. This, to me, is a failure of communication and expectation setting. This has been the track record of this production since well before launch. I know changes are around the corner, but that corner should've been turned months ago. Or at the very least we could be given more concise information.

I want this game to succeed, but there needs to be some major changes to the way they handle their customer communication and updates.

you do know that other servers might be added to yours later today, or tomorrow or whenever.. just because your server was transfered over it doesnt mean others wont be too..to quit over that is a bit over reactionary..

you again...

it's funny...it could happen later today...tomorrow...next year.

if people would just get some info, this whole forum explosion would be avoided...

and ya know what!! if they would just come out and say what the frank they are doing, then you could come in here all fanboi'd out and have a leg to stand on.

no communication is 100000x worse that no, even incorrect, information...you can appologize for incorrect info.

you cannot appologize for whatever excuse they are using for no communication...

i wish my old manager were in this discussion...you'd understand customer service or be out a job quick.

if the customer isn't happy, make them happy.

we're not asking for planetary alignment...people are asking for information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by T-Assassin

you guys just don't get it, we got 3 whole years of voice acting to look forward to here, this game exudes accomplishment and no one has any reasonable objections to make unless they can pony up that kind of voice acting in rebuttal... just sayin, wake up and get with the program... there's MMOs and there's this game... no fools are gonna dismiss this masterpiece without at least 2 years voice acting...

I'd like to believe you, but before I do can you list your experience in game development over the last 10 years please? I mean, to make a statement such as you have (that they are doing it completely wrong), I have to believe that you have a degree in programing and years of experience. Clearly you have been able to first uncover an action plan that, to the average player, would be as complicated as a cypher without a key, and then formulated an entirely new plan that I hope and pray you will share with us.

Either that or you have no idea and are just spewing off vitriol from that standpoint. ;p

That isn't vitriol, it is a discussion, and a pretty civil one. Just because somebody doesn't agree with what BioWare is doing doesn't mean they are attacking it. Take off your 'omg, they can do no wrong' defense blinders and join the discussion instead of just attacking people who have a different opinion.

This isn't a programming issue, it is a sociological issue. Database merges, even merges involving complex databases, is fairly trivial when you break it down and have experience doing something like this (assuming you have somebody who knew what they were doing design the architecture) .

In the player base's collective mind, BioWare keeps making missteps, those missteps add up and weigh on the player base as a whole. Sending people from a dead server to an even more dead server, even temporarily, is going to hurt them in the long run.

Making the problem worse instead of better, even temporarily, is beyond pathetic. Who cares if the other servers are added today or tomorrow? It is another day that somebody isn't able to experience the game because of dismal populations, continuing the domino effect of more people canceling.

Unless they are just completely spoiled rotten brats (oh hey forum community), nobody is canceling their subs during the free transfer period.

1 day has passed, did you look at the server status populations last night for the destination servers....THEY WERE ALL STANDARD TO FULL. The plan is working fine, and...................

JUST CALM DOWN, BREATHE, AND WAIT TILL THE DUST SETTLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys just don't get it, we got 3 whole years of voice acting to look forward to here, this game exudes accomplishment and no one has any reasonable objections to make unless they can pony up that kind of voice acting in rebuttal... just sayin, wake up and get with the program...

So what you're saying is that we don't need to hear voices of other players on Vent, etc, since we have tons of voice acting in the game, right?

Also realize that a lot of people are also playing 1.3 on the PTS, and not everyone might have transferred over to the destination server yet. There are still a lot of factors involved here - you are not going to see Fatman and JC pops on destination servers ... except of course for Fatman and JC.

BJ

PTS is just as dead. Even Fatman has more people on it. :rolleyes:

Its reactionary because its been 6 months. My server died over 3 months ago. I know the population will grow and servers will eventually merge, but after so much waiting this is very anti-climactic. I truly believe if transfers would have been available months ago that many people who left would still be here. I, for one, would have never stopped playing.

"Eventually" being over the next few days as they announce more origin servers for your new server. Right from the 1st announcement they have said that a number of origin servers will transfer to a single destination to make that destination well populated.

You have to wait until the other low pop servers are moved into it. It's the first day so unless you were transferred to a high pop server like FM then it's unrealistic to think that it would be an immediate day one fix. Edited by JaxonLuxor

In the player base's collective mind, BioWare keeps making missteps, those missteps add up and weigh on the player base as a whole. Sending people from a dead server to an even more dead server, even temporarily, is going to hurt them in the long run.

spot on.

that is where i am at.

i will not continue to give my business to incompetent, lazy, "whatever you're feeling" businesses.

simply put, BW's continued missteps, in addition to the their tight lips, will lose me as a customer, long before the actual game will.

I am still surprised they didn't merge 4-5 origin servers into 1 destination server. By doing a 1:1 ratio it almost looks like they don't fully understand just how dead some of the servers appear to us. I certainly hope they shift it to a 5:1 ratio or something by today/tomorrow.

Hopefully people won't see the destination server as lower population than theirs already is and not transfer. It would undermine the whole reason for transferring. It is also why they should have several origin servers to one destination server FROM THE START, to avoid crap like this.

QFE.

@OP sorry this happened to you.

Yep, 1:1 ratio making bioware look amateur once again.

You are now already 200% wrong:

• Nadd's Sarcophagus to The Bastion

• The Crucible Pits to The Bastion

• Rakata Mind Prison to The Bastion

You can use this space for your apology: __________________________________

Edited by Kthx

NEXT YEAR..........Wrong. Quit sensationalizing, you've been watching too much Fox News.

TBH and fair, this problem has well went past it's time to be resolved. Look in the forums in GD and see the first post asking for servers to merge or BW to do something about it's dying servers. This issue has long since still been around and while BW maybe doing transfers now, they are still being sketchy and not forth coming when people were fed up with waiting on a fix a good 3 months ago now, that's sad and wrong. Now BW is selecting which servers we will go to, appears we will all be on crowded servers of their choice, most of us rerolled to keep playing the game on another server already, this screws all the people who did that to keep their subs active and still support BW even though it was an issue all along BW could easily fix.

Now we are still waiting to see where we are going to be and If our re-roll was a complete waste of time, patience in these type of situations is logically going to be short for quite a few. They have no one to blame but them self