Poor Guardians

clearsighted

I play a merc, a class widely thought of as the worst suited for PvP. Yet when I see a Guardian, especially a Rage or Vigilance one, I think 'free kill'. I don't think I have ever lost to a Guardian or Juggernaut in a one on one fight. Although there have been times I was caught at fifty percent, and they barely pulled it off. I have no qualms about just facerolling them, and using rocket punch when master strike starts.

When I see a marauder or sentinel, I instantly know that there is a 50% chance I am going to die. If I have all my cooldowns up, I can usually electro-dart them right before they usually click undying, and burst them down. If they have a white resolve bar, I know I am probably dead.

How does anyone play a Vig Guardian or Vengeance Jug without going insane?

Edited by clearsighted

I play a merc, a class widely thought of as the worst suited for PvP. Yet when I see a Guardian, especially a Rage or Vigilance one, I think 'free kill'. I don't think I have ever lost to a Guardian or Juggernaut in a one on one fight. Although there have been times I was caught at fifty percent, and they barely pulled it off. I have no qualms about just facerolling them, and using rocket punch when master strike starts.

When I see a marauder or sentinel, I instantly know that there is a 50% chance I am going to die. If I have all my cooldowns up, I can usually electro-dart them right before they usually click undying, and burst them down. If they have a white resolve bar, I know I am probably dead.

You must not encounter very many good ones. I play a vengeance juggernaut and i have no problems at all with Mercenaries. Tank assassins can be a pain and if i dont have a cool down or two i am probably going to lose but Any other class i feel fine going against. Unstoppable makes knockbacks useless vs Ravage and interrupting tracer missile makes all your other abilities weaker (due to no target lock and the armor debuff). A quick push and jump to refresh unstoppable and its usually over.

You must not encounter very many good ones. I play a vengeance juggernaut and i have no problems at all with Mercenaries. Tank assassins can be a pain and if i dont have a cool down or two i am probably going to lose but Any other class i feel fine going against. Unstoppable makes knockbacks useless vs Ravage and interrupting tracer missile makes all your other abilities weaker (due to no target lock and the armor debuff). A quick push and jump to refresh unstoppable and its usually over.

It sounds good on paper, but somehow, that just never seems to work out for them in the chaos of an actual game. Although I will admit, that putting up saber ward, unstoppable, and double-jumps, is about the best it gets for them. Worst case scenario, I can usually get away.

It never gets to the point where I think 'Oh ****'. When I die, I usually think it's because I made a mistake or was unlucky.

It's never like vs a mara or an assassin, where I know that there was nothing differently I could have done to completely reverse it.

Edited by clearsighted

It depends IMO on the way you look at things when playing a Guardian or Juggy.

I have played all the different builds with these guys and i really enjoy a defensive build.

With my defense build I am able to beat most anyone in a one on one fight, but my damage is lower than most and my spike damage is just not that great.

So by the end of a warzone I often have the lowest DPS but still have a great amount of kills and less deaths, so i can accomplish more objectives with this build IMO.

Most people just love that high spike hit and dont understand how to play a good tank in pvp. Which is fine for them and TBH they are fun builds and very effective as well.

But if you anticipate what the other player might due next you will win almost all fights.

I just love that hilt strike followed up with a ravage after i already made you burn your cooldown.

Edited by kirorx

Right now, I'd say you must not face any good rage juggs. I generally tear up mercs with no trouble at all. After 1.3 though, I may agree with you.

Probalby because good juggs don't roll rage. :D

Cant tell if trolling or just really stupid... Yes Im a rage/vengeance juggernaut, and i have NO problem taking down mercs. Mercs might be 1 of the easier classes i encounter, especially arsenal ones when i can easily interupt their tracer missile, then land a 4.2k smash on them.

could just be an anomaly on your server. Likely not every class is represented at highest standard on each server. You might have better player's of other classes. Once you run into the really good Juggs / Guardians they will definitely make an impression. ... might get the chance with transfers.

Probably seen 4 Juggs on my server with exceptional skills since Dec. The current main Jugg threat is even called out by name in warzones because he has high chance to take node.. Even the random groups will say <Name> incoming right. Other player's are ..... 1 incoming right haha

Vengeance juggernaut is very dependent on charge, no charge no unstoppable. If i see dps guard on my PT or assasin I just pull them before they charge. Concerning to ravage - self root for 3 sec on melee class is a great ability, ravage is ok against other melee but stupid against ranged they will run away.

No good mercs play arsenal. Good merc is always on the move keeping targets on the distance, good merc will always kite guardian in dead 4-10 meters zone, good mercs don't use powershots and unload than fight against melee, only instant abilities incenedary missile, railshot, termal detonator and rapid shots, you have nothing to interrupt.

It sounds good on paper, but somehow, that just never seems to work out for them in the chaos of an actual game. Although I will admit, that putting up saber ward, unstoppable, and double-jumps, is about the best it gets for them. Worst case scenario, I can usually get away.

It never gets to the point where I think 'Oh ****'. When I die, I usually think it's because I made a mistake or was unlucky.

It's never like vs a mara or an assassin, where I know that there was nothing differently I could have done to completely reverse it.

You really are fighting some poor players. On my vengeance jugg I almost never lose a 1v1 to a merc. I seek them out because there is very little they can do to defend themselves from me. If I execute properly the merc cannot get a tracer missle off for the first 24 seconds of the fight. By the time that is over they are dead. I really don't know why a vigilance guardian/vengeance jugg would ever lose to a DPS merc unless they were half dead, severely outgeared, or were much worse off with regards to cooldowns.

No good mercs play arsenal. Good merc is always on the move keeping targets on the distance, good merc will always kite guardian in dead 4-10 meters zone, good mercs don't use powershots and unload than fight against melee, only instant abilities incenedary missile, railshot, termal detonator and rapid shots, you have nothing to interrupt.

While this is all true in theory, a merc has no way of preventing a vengeance jugg from charging them to open. Once that happens they will be snared for the duration of the fight, and they cannot match my Juggs DPS with their instant casts (it's really not even close), and I have better defensive cooldowns and CC's. Again, I don't see why a jugg would lose this fight unless they were outplayed or outgeared.

Edited by Vodrin

It's too bad that you decided to group all guardians into your argument.

I play a full tank guardian.

I'll meet you in the Outlaw's Den, let's dance.

You don't actually PVP much if you always meet these fights with all your "cooldowns up" tbh. Dueling is like *******.

i usually have no problem killing mercs, but juggs are horrible.

There is not a single class i am afraid to fight as a rage juggernaut. Most classes fall over like a card house,

Only a PT pyro are really dangerous as there are barely any ways to counter their face roll damage rotation but i give myself 50/50 ANY time. Marauders are strong but a well time choke and push can really screw them over.

I have a problem with sorcs...thats it. I can kill any other class easily, but for some reason the only way i can beat a sorc in a 1v1 is if i have all my cd's and i negate 2 or 3 of his. Jedi sentinel by the way. Also jedi shadow.