Death to a majority of the dailies...

Ansalem

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way to do your dailies is to run them with a few guild members. They go by really fast and aren't a grind.

I have found it actually takes me longer to run dailies when Im grouped up with the exception of end of torvix which I have only solo'd once, but it took a loooooong time with a couple of deaths. Oh btw Im an arsenal spec'd BH.

No one is arguing against grinding. We simply want more enjoyable grinds. Dailies suck.

Many people don't get that. I have played games where the grind didn't feel like one. At least, not in the games that had more to do than just slaughter mobs 24/7.

I can't be the only one who gets sick of running here, and there to kill stuff over, and over, and over.

I agree, i hate the dailies grind model, i havent heard of a better model but i would sure like to see an end to them. In other games ive only done the bare minimum to get bis gear. i have never done them for things i consider trivial like pets and vanity items.

Many people don't get that. I have played games where the grind didn't feel like one. At least, not in the games that had more to do than just slaughter mobs 24/7.

I can't be the only one who gets sick of running here, and there to kill stuff over, and over, and over.

Then why do it? I mean really after you have the gear from daily coms. why would you keep grinding dailies.

Same way in WoW after you got the gear you needed or maxed reputation there was no point. Unless you feel some strange need to farm the money which is sort of pointless.

I know one guy in my guild that ran all the dailies on 2 50's everyday. Now he has 30 millions credits, and quit the game because he hates it now.

For a game that aims at the casual player it sure makes them spend a lot of time grinding to get things. Do casual players really want to spend 3-6 hours a day grinding? Also for OCD and completionists like me I can't just do 1 set or pick I am compelled to do them all. Its like being trapped in hell on a hamster wheel after a while.

Perhaps you could......skip nights? If you can't stand not to finish some of the dailies on the nights you do them? SWTOR is no better or worse than any other MMO as far as grinding is concerned, frankly, the dailies are dead easy to get money from if you want to fund something, and while I wouldn't object to additional, more dynamic content at all, I think they have bigger things to work on initially. It was enough they've already added one daily zone in. An inability to ignore optional content once you've started it is not exactly the fault of the game publisher. The rest of us never feel the need to spend 3-6 hours a day grinding.

I guess my main problem is that there are too many dailies. It takes me about 3.5 hours a day just to clear belsavis, ilum, cor, and space along with 1 HM FP if Im able to find a group. That's not including pvp daily. It wouldnt be so bad if they cut down on the number of them. Like I wouldn't mind only having to do those first 4 on belsavis. I also hate that there is so much travel involved. I wish they would make speeder bikes actually be fast so we can cover the enormous maps.

Yep, cut down the number and increase the rewards on the ones that you keep. Turn the others into optional that give companion equipment rewards.

I hate comms altogether, I hate items being bound, I hate that there is nothing rare in this game, I hate items last forever because there is no item sink. Items should either be crafted or dropped from mobs, there should be items that haven't even dropped yet because they are so rare. Instead of this noob system. BW are noobs, and now I am a SWTORnoob which is starting to feel just as bad as a WOWnoob.

Ah well, least we got pretty lightsabers. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you could......skip nights? If you can't stand not to finish some of the dailies on the nights you do them? SWTOR is no better or worse than any other MMO as far as grinding is concerned, frankly, the dailies are dead easy to get money from if you want to fund something, and while I wouldn't object to additional, more dynamic content at all, I think they have bigger things to work on initially. It was enough they've already added one daily zone in. An inability to ignore optional content once you've started it is not exactly the fault of the game publisher. The rest of us never feel the need to spend 3-6 hours a day grinding.

So your point is to take it easy and skip grinding in general for the optional content?

This begs the questions: What optional content? SWTOR is a grind-heavy game from the ground up. PvP? Grind. PvE? Grind. About the only thing to do is go datacron hunting, which does not fit the definition of content worthy to pay $15/month for.

Bottomline: Dailies are so 2006. Why do people P2P a game that gives repetitive content that feels like a second job?

I think PvP is still fun, which is the only reason I still log on, but this optional content I've found is nonexistent.

Edited by booshido

I find the dailies incredibly boring. After hitting 50 I do them a couple of days and then don't bother anymore.

Daily comms are almost redundant anyway, I haven't even bothered on my new server at all, well done belsavis bonus series but thats it. OPs dailies, might aswell take them though.

Yep, your not the only one. We GRIND because we have to, not because we want to.

I have 3 level 50's and I run each daily 3 times, everyday. It's gotten so tiresome, I've cut down on them. It's a lot slower getting commendations but I get to keep my sanity.

I have 3 level 50's and I run each daily 3 times, everyday. It's gotten so tiresome, I've cut down on them. It's a lot slower getting commendations but I get to keep my sanity.

You have alot of patience.

I have 3 toons, but could barely stand doing dailes on one of them, I don't think i've ever played an MMO that was so boring.

Dailies would be more enjoyable if I didn't have to get 100-200 commendations to buy things I want.

It just seems a bit excessive. They should put more consumable stuff in there, like stims and adrenals. Then people have a better reason to keep grinding dailies and being able to get small rewards for doing other things like raids.

Dailies would be more enjoyable if I didn't have to get 100-200 commendations to buy things I want.

It just seems a bit excessive. They should put more consumable stuff in there, like stims and adrenals. Then people have a better reason to keep grinding dailies and being able to get small rewards for doing other things like raids.

I'm with you on this. In general, I like dailies. I liked them in WoW. I really dislike grinding random mobs like in EQ or repeatedly running the same dungeon over and over. Dailies were a short, easy way to get money and some gear.

But in this game, the gear costs crazy amounts of commendations. For two implants and an ear piece, I'm looking at 360 commendations. Most I ever needed for an item in WoW was ... 60? Something like that. I'd like to see them take a look over all the commendation costs.

I see I'm not the only person bored to death of dailies and instance grinds.. So bored I pressed "cancel" to save myself.. lol I shouldn't have to start alts to find things to do, and I sure as heck do not want to spend all my time in game hopping from one instance to another.. That is NOT the spirit of the MMO I grew up in.... I want reasons to play my "MAIN" character all the time when I'm logged on.. SWTOR should of focused on a different end game besides the overused instance grind for gear.. I personally would of preferred an open world dynamic system with earning AA's..

Imagine having a planet that is the size of Tattoine for example that allows both PvE and optional PvP The goal is to build up your faction while trying to destroy the others.. This is where you find NOT dailies but repeatable missions that are used to provide the resources for your faction cities growth.. Each day that planet changes due to the activity of the players.. The players have an actual impact in the game.. The heck with huttball, give the PvP people a reason to group up with a mass raid force and invade the NPC's of the opposing faction city and take out their General and destroy their base.. Give people a reason to defend it (or not)..

You have alot of patience.

I have 3 toons, but could barely stand doing dailes on one of them, I don't think i've ever played an MMO that was so boring.

really?

this is one of the least grindy games I've ever played, and you complain about the only actual grind there is in this game (we won't talk about repetative quest-grinding in here :mad: )

I love when people justify "time sinks" in MMOs. The only people who like time sinks are the people who created them. Any justification you tell me or anyone else who knows better, is only convincing yourself, not us.

200 comms for an item is pretty high I think, and the grind just makes you feel fed up playing dailies everyday, anyway. My suggestion would be to drop the 200 comms items to 120, and the 120's to 50 - the items that are available at 120 comms are not worth that kind of grind to get in the first place.

I don't mind dailies too much, but I have a strong preference for some variety in the dailies & I think you need to be very careful with the length of time involved.

Multiple relics/implants/etc are marginally too expensive at present imo.

Having a mix of (e.g.) 15 potential dailies per planet of which you get 5 on any given day would mix things up in a more entertaining manner too.

Yeah I can´t force myself to do dailies too, it´s just not fun playing the same quests over and over again.

How about:

Minigames?

Player created content?

Bounty Hunting missions?

Weekly episodes of new quests? STO has constantly new quests..

More world events?

Some non-combat activities?

Crafting missions? e.g. some Hutt wants a delivery of 10 crafted blaster pistols...