Will more transfers be opening up today

konstan

The Community Team here only knows how to close threads.

Last update was at 12:14 PM EDT it is now 4:16 EDT. At this rate you may get to move by next week.

sniff. if people didnt constantly post threads that needed to be closed due to the same content being asked over and over .. things the moderators of this forum dont or cant tell us... they wouldnt have to close the threads.

they consolidate threads becuase why do we need 14 individual threads written by differenet people.. or worse yet.. the same person.. asking the same crap endlessly??

thats why they close threads

Allison just posted this.

Thanks for your patience as we continue to gradually open up new servers for free character transfers. The vast majority of transfers are being completed successfully, but we have discovered a very rare issue that can occur during the transfer process that will require us to perform a brief maintenance tonight from 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST) to 4AM CDT (2AM PDT/5AM EDT/10AM BST/11AM CEST/7PM AEST). The game servers and SWTOR.com will be unavailable during this time. Due to this issue, we will not be opening any new servers today for free character transfers, but rest assured that we will resume tomorrow morning.

For those of you that are currently eligible for character transfers, in order to prevent this rare issue from occurring, please log out of your current game session before you initiate the character transfer process.

Thank you all for your patience, and we look forward to opening more servers for transfers tomorrow!

See the underlined part, though I'm disappointed overall and worried by the time they get around to my server, I'm going to have to rename all of my characters. I'm glad they're doing more tomorrow.

Edited by Nakazia

sniff. if people didnt constantly post threads that needed to be closed due to the same content being asked over and over .. things the moderators of this forum dont or cant tell us... they wouldnt have to close the threads.

they consolidate threads becuase why do we need 14 individual threads written by differenet people.. or worse yet.. the same person.. asking the same crap endlessly??

thats why they close threads

BW, whoever you have closing threads, please put that guy to work on server transfers! He's a super productive beast!

Guess not. Something has gone wrong since there will be mainternance tomorrow.

Yeah,it's called people stupid enough to play whilst transferring there character's that have caused it. lololol

Edited by arkzehhh

They should of had something in place to skip online player IMO.

Just take a page out of Omega's book and blame the players for being online.

Because no company ever takes precautions for user error. Never. Ever. No how.

Edited by Celebrus

Or maybe someone noticed on the transfer screen they had mail waiting, logged in to clear out their boxes & then alt-tabbed out to finish the transfer? Innocent mistakes happen people. I don't think many people fired up the transfer page in the midst of a Voidstar or downing Soa.