Current Transfer Servers

Auck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like an impatient, petulant child....

...but I also feel that after paying for an inferior product for 6 months, I have a bit of a reason to feel impatient about it being fixed.

I want you to have my money, BioWare, I really do.. but you are making it so *********** difficult

4 Americans servers open for transfer? Before I go on, let me say I won't be able to log in for at least 4 hours, this isn't about me not being to transfer. Plus I'm on a decent server already.

But seriously, how only 4 servers? There's gotta be like 10 people MAX on those servers at this time. And Fatman's a destination server. ***?

4 Americans servers open for transfer? Before I go on, let me say I won't be able to log in for at least 4 hours, this isn't about me not being to transfer. Plus I'm on a decent server already.

But seriously, how only 4 servers? There's gotta be like 10 people MAX on those servers at this time. And Fatman's a destination server. ***?

a little behind, ya?

Guys they explained this in previous posts. They are transferring low pops to high pops and evening out the populations. The server linked to fatman is the lowest population server in the game. They are maybe only getting 40-50 new people along with all their alts. You will see the lowest pop servers going to the highest pops.

Of course, but that still doesn't give any positive reasoning for choosing The Fatman. The Swiftsure would be a more logical choice for a higher pop PVP server that could use 40-50 people I presume. Because BW needs to make an immediate positive impact, period.

Essentially the only people being helped are the "40-50" people from the low pop, because the current subs on The Fatman are happy and staying rather even. However, if they chose the 2nd highest pop PVP server they would have made the "40-50" players from the low pop server, and all of the destination server players happy as well.... So do you think a business would want 40-50 people to get excited about a game again with one quick move cuz the people on The Fatman could care less.? or would it be better to have earned the trust and loyalty of 40-50 people plus the 100-200 on a mid-high server... cuz the people on The Fatman could care less.

Yes, there is an ordered system in place. But does that mean that the system is correct? I am talking business here, and I doubt many people here can match me, so don't even try.

and you sir just hit the nail on the head!!

People are not complaining because they are doing a very silly job with this character transfer. They are complaining because they are paying for a service which was promised on the box (this is very important as that can stand up in a court of law as a promise to the consumer) this service is being paid for but not delivered, and that is why people are angry. People want the transfers now because they are sick of being the only person stood on the fleet during the day, because they are sick of missing out on dungeons because there is not 4 people on a server. People are raging because they are not recieveing what they are paying for

You pay for access to Bioware's servers. Nothing else. Anything else they offer is a benefit of playing their game. It is NOT entitled to you because of your $15 per month.

And just for the record, most consumers are idiots. Just sayin.....

They added more servers a while ago, don't pay attention to /transfer, check the sticky or under my swtor, accounts.

and you sir just hit the nail on the head!!

People are not complaining because they are doing a very silly job with this character transfer. They are complaining because they are paying for a service which was promised on the box (this is very important as that can stand up in a court of law as a promise to the consumer) this service is being paid for but not delivered, and that is why people are angry. People want the transfers now because they are sick of being the only person stood on the fleet during the day, because they are sick of missing out on dungeons because there is not 4 people on a server. People are raging because they are not recieveing what they are paying for

You must have a different box than mine cause no where on mine does it promise robust server populations.

Of course, but that still doesn't give any positive reasoning for choosing The Fatman. The Swiftsure would be a more logical choice for a higher pop PVP server that could use 40-50 people I presume. Because BW needs to make an immediate positive impact, period.

Essentially the only people being helped are the "40-50" people from the low pop, because the current subs on The Fatman are happy and staying rather even. However, if they chose the 2nd highest pop PVP server they would have made the "40-50" players from the low pop server, and all of the destination server players happy as well.... So do you think a business would want 40-50 people to get excited about a game again with one quick move cuz the people on The Fatman could care less.? or would it be better to have earned the trust and loyalty of 40-50 people plus the 100-200 on a mid-high server... cuz the people on The Fatman could care less.

Yes, there is an ordered system in place. But does that mean that the system is correct? I am talking business here, and I doubt many people here can match me, so don't even try.

Except that the swiftsure is west coast not east coast. Im sure swiftsure will get its fair share. This is only the first round of transfers. They said they were going to make high pop servers as destinations so just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show

You pay for access to Bioware's servers. Nothing else. Anything else they offer is a benefit of playing their game. It is NOT entitled to you because of your $15 per month.

And just for the record, most consumers are idiots. Just sayin.....

Attitude like that this game will be out of business in a couple of months. Luckily Bioware is ran by much wiser people than yourself. The only issue they have is being unable time and again to deliver what should be basic services.

Negative, The Swiftsure is a west coast PVP server, that's +200ms to us east coasters. You know that's unacceptable to PVPers.

If I told them they had to do 5 steps to get my money I would get my account cancelled and told they dont jump through hops. Only the customer has to do that.

Yup. It's why I wouldn't even do a transfer if it was offered. I just hope my server is a destination instead. Only time will tell, but with this "gradual" phasing of server transfers, who knows how long that will be.

Hands down: WORST SERVER TRANSFER PROCESS of any online game I've ever played from Ultima Online to today. No guild moves, "phased", no choice in server, herded like sheep, told to shut up and take it. Yeah, that's Bioware's transfer-on-rails.

Panda's are starting to sound pretty good about now...

For me giant mechs launching missiles and hitting each other with gauss rifles and PPCs sounds leagues better to me. And it's releasing just in time, this summer.

Except that the swiftsure is west coast not east coast. Im sure swiftsure will get its fair share. This is only the first round of transfers. They said they were going to make high pop servers as destinations so just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show

Quoted for truth. I think people are ignoring the East Coast/West Coast distinctions. My guess is in most of the types will be consolidated down to one or two servers per type and region.

So one RP-PVE, East Coast, one RP-PVE, West Coast, etc...

Not sure why they picked Ebon Hawk to transfer into. That server is dead. Unless they plan to merge all the RP servers into it.

I play on Ebon Hawk, and it is far from dead. We certainly will be happy to see immigrants though, so welcome to everyone who comes.

If they were unsure about anything, they should have not announced it the way they did. While "gradual" has a TON of meanings, it is not complaining to point out it is misleading, to the point of customer dissatisfaction. Should they have just opened the flood gates? No, but giving a time table would have made this PR nightmare more managable. BW tried to be politico about alot of things, but a paying subs base should never be politic'd. Be honest, give REAL timelines and adjust accordingly. Everyone could accept that, and might not even unsub since they are getting honest info on topics..

Agree totaly.

Also, transferring is supposed to be a Pay for Service. So BW was attempting to sell soemthing that they had not tested and was not sure it would work? LOL.

nah, the disappointment was Bw-made ... logging into the site after maintenance and seeing the short, short list after days/weeks/months of expectation and not a small amount of hype from dev side was quite a downer.

Even though over a week ago BioWare clearly explained that this was exactly how it was going to function: "The character transfer service will be made available gradually, starting with a small number of origin servers."

Mindboggling.

I can't believe that some forum members think that only 10-20 players transferred so far. Wow...

I already met dozens after dozens of new players from Keller's Void and the transfers are only beginning. I bet that much more will transfer to Jedi Covenant this evening. And this is only for my server!

Also, do you really think that they'll only open 10 servers everyday for the rest of the month? I bet that later today or from tomorrow, they'll open more. I might be totally wrong but it wouldn't make sense at all to only open so few servers on a daily basis.

Again, wow...