Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

:)

Very good. Question is, do you actually have the Litany memorized or did you pull the full text off the web?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes playing lower populated faction does pay off. You might change your tune when you are playing WZ's for months against the same pre-made of two tanks, two healers and the "pugs" are filled with more or less the same faces.

Like 9/10 wz are against Sorry, Shikhee, Raythor & Tiya. And I do like to play against those good players but it will be nice to play against others.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

:)

+1 for the Dune reference.

To all of you who are complaining about how the transfers are going:

Bioware is trying to perform a herculean task - like herding velociraptors with water guns. They also have to make sure the rest of the servers don't go down when the weekend comes around and EVEN MORE people log on to those destination servers. And now you want to yell at them for covering their butts?

Guess what? This is life. Things change. I would prefer that Bioware Austin is more cautious about these things. It is their first MMO, after all.

Seriously, people. Chill out. Take a breather. Better yet, roll an alt on your destination server and see what you might be transferring into. Just because your server is deserted doesn't mean you can't play.

But there are some of you who won't listen to reasonable advice; therefore I offer you this statement in return. The rest of us will be here when you get back.

Says a player on Jung Ma, a destination server with a healthy population base. Please don't tell the people on this thread who are, rightfully so, very angry at the fact that they have been left out of the transfer service that the majority of the player base of this game has received. I am sure it is easy for you to say "This is life." and "Chill out." while your server population thrives and players can enjoy them game the way it is meant to be played, but for those of us stranded on the remaining low population servers, paying the same subscription fees as you and not getting the same gaming experience you are due to our servers low populations, we will continue to voice our dissatisfaction as we realize that 80% of the SWTOR player base will get to enjoy the upcoming weekend while we muddle through another 3-4 days of waiting for queues and looking for people to group with. It is easy to tell everyone to calm down when you, yourself, have nothing to be angry about.

Very good. Question is, do you actually have the Litany memorized or did you pull the full text off the web?

I have it memorized >.< sadly! LOVE Dune, just haven't gotten around to reading all the books yet, still stuck on others by Weis, Hickman, and Salvatore <3

Says a player on Jung Ma, a destination server with a healthy population base. Please don't tell the people on this thread who are, rightfully so, very angry at the fact that they have been left out of the transfer service that the majority of the player base of this game has received. I am sure it is easy for you to say "This is life." and "Chill out." while your server population thrives and players can enjoy them game the way it is meant to be played, but for those of us stranded on the remaining low population servers, paying the same subscription fees as you and not getting the same gaming experience you are due to our servers low populations, we will continue to voice our dissatisfaction as we realize that 80% of the SWTOR player base will get to enjoy the upcoming weekend while we muddle through another 3-4 days of waiting for queues and looking for people to group with. It is easy to tell everyone to calm down when you, yourself, have nothing to be angry about.

This ^

Like 9/10 wz are against Sorry, Shikhee, Raythor & Tiya. And I do like to play against those good players but it will be nice to play against others.

They are beatable though, had a lot of games against them today. Also one of the best huttball games in a while even though we did lose 1 - 0.

I have most of it memorized. I didn't post the original. But you don't need the web to find it. Just buy the book. You know, paper, cover...that kind of thing.

Against my better judgment, I resubbed after cancelling my subscription today after Bioware announced that the remaining servers would be able to transfer SOMETIME next week. I dropped my 6 month sub this morning and picked up a 1 month sub this afternoon after thinking about it a while.

I am frustrated at being on a near dead server (mine is not as bad as some others) and standing around an empty fleet and even more frustrated to have to wait another week to enjoy the same game that the 80% of the players are now enjoying after their transfers. I think it is unfair that the remaining 20% are left waiting.

But I think what is even more unfair is that lack of information on when those transfers will happen and the manner in which Bioware strung people along. Each day when the server transfers were done, Bioware announced there would be more the next day. So after watching the forums all day, hoping my server would be one of the lucky ones, I came home from work and logged into a dead server. I did this most the week and yesterday, I read the post that said transfers would continue the next day and into next week. Then this morning learned that there would be no more transfers until SOMETIME next week.

I feel as if I have been strung along by Bioware with vague statements only to be disappointed day after day. Repeated disappointment leads to frustration and resentment. I have been playing this game since day one and have never once thought about unsubbing until today because I enjoy the game and I enjoy the company of the members of the guild I am a part of but they to are frustrated and feeling dismissed and deceived by Bioware. It is because of my guild that I am resubbing--they are good people and I love them dearly but ...

Giving 80% of the player base the service of playing the game the way it was meant to be played and leaving 20% of the player base sitting on dead servers is UNFAIR and even more so when you REFUSE to tell those people when they will have the same opportunity granted to the other 80%.

If I am going to have to wait, I would like to know WHEN next week I can expect the opportunity to transfer--Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday? I want to know how much longer I will need to wait to receive the same service and quality of game play currently being provided to the other 80% of the players.

Ok, well, I'm in the same boat as you. Our server has not yet been named an origin nor a destination, but I agree with the OP. Chill out. The transfers will happen for the rest of us shortly.

FAIL!!! Bioware you are like that fine woman that you continue to stay with even though she is cheating on you and doesnt care about you at all and you're paying her bills on top of it all.........How dare you take a weekend off and "Hook-Up" other servers while some of us wait around looking like boo-boo the fool. For future reference DONT START SOMETHING YOU CAN'T FINISH!!!!...sorry i took off a few words had to get ready for the weekend ill pick up where i left off on monday...thank you come again!!

Ok, well, I'm in the same boat as you. Our server has not yet been named an origin nor a destination, but I agree with the OP. Chill out. The transfers will happen for the rest of us shortly.

Fuc that i have been chill about the whole dam thing. But now its just sickenly obvious they simply dont give a flying **** how players feel. To stop the transfers after doing so much of it already then leaving the rest of us to these waste lands they call servers is just poor performance on biowares part.

I was realy wanting to resub and have a reason to play again. As ive been on a deas server for awhile now. But after this screw it im done my free times up the 18th and im done .They wanna dic around and give half arse answers to why they screwed us fine dosnt mean i have to be here to put up with it.

So for those that stay i wish you the best and i know they dont give a rats azz about my sub or anyone elses for that matter and thats fine. But for those players that do stay i truely hope that bioware eventualy have enough people get fired to start actualy caring about treating people right. Goodluck to all thats left on the wastelands maybe they will eventualy get to you .And help you guys out. Its a dam shame this game has been so miss handled

As it realy did have great potential but unfortunatly its being handled by drunken monkeys or something.

Killer thing for me is how they continually said that the transfers would slow down today. Meaning to me, not as many servers were going to be opened up. What they didn't tell us was, that they had no plans on doing any more past this Thursday.

It is one thing to try to feed us the guts that just came out of that fish, and another to be straight up front with us on it all. There are far to many people that have been asking for this and waiting for it to just feel a slap across their faces for down right being lied to. Sure, things could possibly happen come next week but in all honesty, this entire past weeks events should have been better planned out. You don't do 80% and say you want to examine the reports on the progress. That is why you do only a couple to test the waters. With that you give an accurate outline as to what we should be able to expect. Not a load of BS while thinking you are going to fend off more departures. Those actions are what causes your investors to go into panic mode and want a better solution in order to get a return on their money. That is the reason you are thinking F2P all of a sudden.

Stop trying to dangle the carrot in front of us and start being up front. It will go a heck of a lot further.

Edited by Noviru
quoting removed content

"Here are the themepark season tickets I sold you. Thank you for your purchase."

"Yes it's one of those themeparks over there, but we don't know which one you'll find out later."

"The others who bought tickets from me are in there parks right now, can't you see them? No sorry you can't go join them yet, you'll have to wait your turn. When can you get in you say? Shortly...shortly."

Do you see what I'm saying here?

Honestly, I have to say that after some initial criticism about the way I perceived them communicating about these transfers, I've been incredibly impressed with the way they've approached this now having seen some degree of their methodology. The idea of opening transfers a bit at a time, monitoring populations, and adjusting from there makes a tremendous amount of sense, and a heck of a lot more than simply planning a bunch of destinations and then opening everything up.

Imagine if they planned a given number of servers to go somewhere based on what seemed to be their active populations only to have two or three times that many people actually transfer off, completely filling the destination server to the point of lengthy login cues. On the other hand, what if they had planned based on the full populations, had only the active populations transfer, and had servers that were still sub par? Or worse yet, imagine if even fewer than the active populations transferred, leaving people on new - but still dead - servers?

Rather than doing that, they're apparently trying to do this based off real data by letting people actually transfer and then adjusting the overall plan based on the results of that in real time. I hope those who are complaining realize that this no doubt has required MORE planning, MORE work, and MORE dedicated real time effort than had they just opened everything up on day one. I have to give them a hearty good job so far.

What an interesting week this has been. Watching our brethren moving off of low population servers to well-populated servers and enjoying the game once again has been exciting.

However the current handling of the server mergers that started today was a bit off the mark. A simple and basic explanation of what is needed and how it will affect the remaining low-population servers would have been the gold standard. Players on the remaining servers are (And let’s call it what it is) "mightily angry", not because they didn't transfer today, but because the press releases do not address their number one overriding need: What will be done about their absolute lack-luster game play caused by a low-population server?

That is the real question and one that has been answered for so many (money paying) players this week, but not the remaining ones. In this case, the only type of answer that would have been acceptable, in light of the numerous transfers that have occurred this week, would be a frank, clear, and straight forward answer.

Here is an example: "We need to see the destination servers under a weekend player load before we continue to merge servers. Rest assured, the needs of the remaining servers will be addressed as soon as possible. We have not forgotten you and we will not stop until we have helped you! We will have our game plan ready to continue after this weekend."

The second element would be some type of bonus to the remaining players to serve as a peace offering and a promise that the problem is still being worked. ("Rakghoul attack on the fleet stations at midnight", "Chase the escaped Hutt" race and cocktail hour........ anything....anyone.....echo?......)

Many players from The Jekk Jekk Tarr server have been pretty vocal about the low population issues here, especially after Bioware granted free transfers for the new Pacific Servers which gutted the population base of The Jekk Jekk Tarr server. Those same players have sat patiently and with excitement as the server mergers (And lets call them what they are) progressed throughout the week. They have been elated to know that "Soon" they too would be able to play with many people on a high population server as they once did. To see that we are on "hold" with no promise of help only helped to fan the flames of the player’s anger and disgust. To put it another way, all the other kids got gifts for the holiday, but these others got nothing. Why wouldn’t they be infuriated?

Currently, I am in fervent discussions with my fellow guildies. (Many who have posted here.) I hope to keep hope alive and my people subbed and interested in the game. Today, Bioware made that job exponentially harder. (I am absolutely not forgiving of THAT little twist on my day.) I have already had a member “Vote with their feet” and un-sub the game. The general gist of the chatter is why should we care about Bioware if they don’t care about us? I hope that Bioware will be addressing the fundamental issue of the low population on the remaining servers very quickly and openly.

In a situation where one party holds “all the cards” as Bioware does, that party needs to go above and beyond with communications and customer service or they will lose the interest and investment of the other party.

I hope to say, in the future, that Bioware handled these mergers well, with a slight miss or two. The outcome is yet to be seen.

What an interesting week this has been. Watching our brethren moving off of low population servers to well-populated servers and enjoying the game once again has been exciting.

However the current handling of the server mergers that started today was a bit off the mark. A simple and basic explanation of what is needed and how it will affect the remaining low-population servers would have been the gold standard. Players on the remaining servers are (And let’s call it what it is) "mightily angry", not because they didn't transfer today, but because the press releases do not address their number one overriding need: What will be done about their absolute lack-luster game play caused by a low-population server?

That is the real question and one that has been answered for so many (money paying) players this week, but not the remaining ones. In this case, the only type of answer that would have been acceptable, in light of the numerous transfers that have occurred this week, would be a frank, clear, and straight forward answer.

Here is an example: "We need to see the destination servers under a weekend player load before we continue to merge servers. Rest assured, the needs of the remaining servers will be addressed as soon as possible. We have not forgotten you and we will not stop until we have helped you! We will have our game plan ready to continue after this weekend."

The second element would be some type of bonus to the remaining players to serve as a peace offering and a promise that the problem is still being worked. ("Rakghoul attack on the fleet stations at midnight", "Chase the escaped Hutt" race and cocktail hour........ anything....anyone.....echo?......)

Many players from The Jekk Jekk Tarr server have been pretty vocal about the low population issues here, especially after Bioware granted free transfers for the new Pacific Servers which gutted the population base of The Jekk Jekk Tarr server. Those same players have sat patiently and with excitement as the server mergers (And lets call them what they are) progressed throughout the week. They have been elated to know that "Soon" they too would be able to play with many people on a high population server as they once did. To see that we are on "hold" with no promise of help only helped to fan the flames of the player’s anger and disgust. To put it another way, all the other kids got gifts for the holiday, but these others got nothing. Why wouldn’t they be infuriated?

Currently, I am in fervent discussions with my fellow guildies. (Many who have posted here.) I hope to keep hope alive and my people subbed and interested in the game. Today, Bioware made that job exponentially harder. (I am absolutely not forgiving of THAT little twist on my day.) I have already had a member “Vote with their feet” and un-sub the game. The general gist of the chatter is why should we care about Bioware if they don’t care about us? I hope that Bioware will be addressing the fundamental issue of the low population on the remaining servers very quickly and openly.

In a situation where one party holds “all the cards” as Bioware does, that party needs to go above and beyond with communications and customer service or they will lose the interest and investment of the other party.

I hope to say, in the future, that Bioware handled these mergers well, with a slight miss or two. The outcome is yet to be seen.

Unfortunatly they have moved enough people to keep the subs needed coming in and more than likely the rest of us will be shot to the wind .

Honestly, I have to say that after some initial criticism about the way I perceived them communicating about these transfers, I've been incredibly impressed with the way they've approached this now having seen some degree of their methodology. The idea of opening transfers a bit at a time, monitoring populations, and adjusting from there makes a tremendous amount of sense, and a heck of a lot more than simply planning a bunch of destinations and then opening everything up.

Imagine if they planned a given number of servers to go somewhere based on what seemed to be their active populations only to have two or three times that many people actually transfer off, completely filling the destination server to the point of lengthy login cues. On the other hand, what if they had planned based on the full populations, had only the active populations transfer, and had servers that were still sub par? Or worse yet, imagine if even fewer than the active populations transferred, leaving people on new - but still dead - servers?

Rather than doing that, they're apparently trying to do this based off real data by letting people actually transfer and then adjusting the overall plan based on the results of that in real time. I hope those who are complaining realize that this no doubt has required MORE planning, MORE work, and MORE dedicated real time effort than had they just opened everything up on day one. I have to give them a hearty good job so far.

Good god BW, you have employees posting now?

I'm sorry, screwing 20% of your fanbase is just not good business. A lot of us have been very VERY patient with you all these months, and you just let us down time and time again. Was it really that difficult to just transfer everyone then open up paid transfers next week? I mean how hard would this be? So on a nice weekend, 20% of us get to sit in fleet LFGing for hours. Thanks for nothing.

Hi all,

We've had to remove a few posts from this thread for violating our Rules of Conduct and going off topic.

While we understand there is some concern and questions about the server transfer program, we do ask that the community keep the discussion constructive, whether it be positive feedback or constructive criticism. If you see a post that you believe violates our Rules of Conduct, we ask that you avoid replying and instead use the Report function to bring it to the attention of our Community Team.

Because there have been many posts by the Community Team on the topic of the transfer program today, we recommend stopping by the Dev Tracker and reading them if you have any questions.

We hope that helps, and appreciate your understanding and assistance in keeping this thread productive and constructive!

Edited by Wekeltes

Sorry wish i could be more patient. However, I do warzones allot. Feels like a slap in the face to know I will Queue for over 45minutes to an hour while others have unlimited queues on these now highly popolated servers. Another weekend of patiently cleaning my house while I wait ro hear the queue. Not to mention it takes people on my server teice as long to gain gear due to lack of queues and people to fill them. Yes, a slap in the face because I have been complaining for over a month and not about to start another toon 5 50's50's is enough. So, like many others. I am unsubbing

Hi all,

We've had to remove a few posts from this thread for violating our Rules of Conduct and going off topic.

While we understand there is some concern and questions about the server transfer program, we do ask that the community keep the discussion constructive, whether it be positive feedback or constructive criticism. If you see a post that you believe violates our Rules of Conduct, we ask that you avoid replying and instead use the Report function to bring it to the attention of our Community Team.

Because there have been many posts by the Community Team on the topic of the transfer program today, we recommend stopping by the Dev Tracker to take them all in if you have any questions.

We hope that helps, and appreciate your understanding and assistance in keeping this thread productive and constructive!

Take them all in? whats to take other than them saying hey we want to announce we gonna SCREW OVER about 20% of you guys but hey its ok we get the weekend off .

Edited by Nyteblades

Its like each update we all get excited and ready to wait the for the update to enjoy it. Only to be have a minor or major let-down. Though I support them getting the job done and continue to work on it. Because after all, this is Star Wars. I want to wait for the goods because it is Star Wars. Being able to play a game like this has been a dream for many.

Bioware you promised us all something and keep coming up short with something every patch. I think its time you live up to your rep for making great games and get this done. (You've had setbacks with others I won't mention.)

With that said, everyone please remember its Father's Day this weekend. Let them spend time with their respective families outside of Bioware studios.

With all said, I'm still waiting for our realm to come up too. Just get it done.