The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

We know that everyone is eager for us to continue making more servers eligible for transfer, and we appreciate your patience. It is important that we fix the issue we've encountered - even though it is rare, we need to ensure smooth transfers. We'll continue making new servers eligible tomorrow morning and on a continuing basis, so if your server isn't listed, please keep checking the list periodically for updates (starting tomorrow morning). As we go forward, we'll let you know as much as we can about when we'll be making new servers eligible.

ah so the gerbals ran out of food? gotcha!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know that everyone is eager for us to continue making more servers eligible for transfer, and we appreciate your patience. It is important that we fix the issue we've encountered - even though it is rare, we need to ensure smooth transfers. We'll continue making new servers eligible tomorrow morning and on a continuing basis, so if your server isn't listed, please keep checking the list periodically for updates (starting tomorrow morning). As we go forward, we'll let you know as much as we can about when we'll be making new servers eligible.

soooooooooooooo..... have you have you not stopped for the day w opening more transfers?

Emergency hot fix this and get on with it.

Okay so the first 4 destination servers were The Fatman, Jedi Covenant, The harbinger and The Bastion. Why is The Bastion a destination server it's as dead if not worse than RMP. I mean we have 4-5 on fleet at prime time so now will be on a server with 10. The swiftsure would have been clear choice for west coast pvp, but they chose The bastion. I really don't know what to say other than *** is bioware trying to do.

• Dev Post

We're in the process of testing the fix and preparing for deployment, and we're working to make the downtime for this as minimal as possible. Unfortunately, it's not an issue that we can correct without some downtime. We're also eager to get back to opening up more transfers, but we can't go forward and risk subjecting people to this issue.

How about this BW?

Your transfer system was a bad plan and look, it has presented the perfect stopping point.

Man up and do forced server merges, I don't care if people want to stay on Veela with a grand total 12 republic members logged on. Stop catering to those foolish enough to decline transferring and merge your servers.

Its not an emergency to them we cannot transfer. You might as well relax anyways as slow as they were rolling out new servers it will be weeks before your server shows up on this list. The way they screwed up this (and every other thing they have done since launch) is just par for the course. How can they not even accidentally get one thing right? They let down 100s of 1000s of people today. Possibly the final nail in the coffin. They cannot seem to do anything right. Also they said 1.3 would come after transfers. So we are looking at weeks before that is out also.

The largest IP in all of scifi. Unlimited budget 100s of millions of dollars spent. One of the best SINGLE PLAYER studios to ever exist. How did they fail so miserably? How did it come to this? This game shoudlnt even need transfers its been mismanaged from day one.

We're in the process of testing the fix and preparing for deployment, and we're working to make the downtime for this as minimal as possible. Unfortunately, it's not an issue that we can correct without some downtime. We're also eager to get back to opening up more transfers, but we can't go forward and risk subjecting people to this issue.

I'd just like to thank you and all at BioWare, you guys must be working real hard over there to get this going perfectly smoothly and to keep the community informed, doubt I'd be able to handle that stress.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

What is this rare issue..

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate that you want to keep the down time as minimal as possible. However, the down time for my level 50 has been a few months now. I think its time we spread that burden and bring the servers down now: if the cats on Fatman shouldn't have their play time interrupted, why should the rest of us?

So if it goes out earlier could we get more transfers as soon as its done?

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate that you want to keep the down time as minimal as possible. However, the down time for my level 50 has been a few months now. I think its time we spread that burden and bring the servers down now: if the cats on Fatman shouldn't have their play time interrupted, why should the rest of us?

This.

• Dev Post
So if it goes out earlier could we get more transfers as soon as its done?

It is not likely that the timeframe for this maintenance will change, and we don't have plans to list more servers today. We'll begin listing more servers tomorrow morning, and we apologize for the inconvenience and additional wait for more eligible servers.

Edited by AllisonBerryman

Just take them down, patch them today

I've been reading this thread for an hour or two. I had to stop reading around page 25. Congrats to those who could read the entire thread.

I've only been playing a month, so I'm interested in transfers, but not overly excitable by the prospects. My server wasn't on the initial list, so that's unfortunate, but I'm sure that with enough time, BioWare will have my server transfer posted.

I think the large number of posts lets BioWare know that people do care a great deal about this game. If they didn't, they wouldn't bother complaining. They would just unsubscribe. It's clear that people want this game's community to flourish and prosper.

Hopefully these free transfers helps to further bolster the community and its involvement in this game.

What is the issue exactly?

It is not likely that the timeframe for this maintenance will change, and we don't have plans to list more servers today. We'll begin listing more servers tomorrow morning, and we apologize for the inconvenience and additional wait for more eligible servers.

Is the quantity of servers listed today approximately what we can expect on a daily basis going forward?