Regarding server queues

StephenReid

I have not once experienced a queue ever since I have begun playing the game. I figured that they would be a reality on the launch week of such an extremely popular game. That is why I did not pick a highly populated server.

I am extremely grateful for Bioware letting me and others get this "sneak preview" when they could have easily said "Wait til Tuesday."

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize it has been said MANY times before, but I am adding my voice. If this is not addressed by Monday, as in a plan laid out so we know *** is happening and how it is going to be fixed, I will be canelling my pre orders. I am as hard core a sw fan as you will find. I stuck with swg through all the BS (nge, cu, imbalences) but I NEVER had to sit for hours to get crapped on. I love the game, but this is pure unadaulterated bulls***.There is no way to sugar coat it or put a positive spin on it. Fix it or you will have amass exodus soon.

I have not once experienced a queue ever since I have begun playing the game. I figured that they would be a reality on the launch week of such an extremely popular game. That is why I did not pick a highly populated server.

I am extremely grateful for Bioware letting me and others get this "sneak preview" when they could have easily said "Wait til Tuesday."

a) when we first picked our servers. none of them were full, they are now though

b) the entire point of early access is to stagger server loads, this isn't a "sneak preview". It helps them more than it helps us. And they're failing at it hard.

*Sigh*

3rd day straight with an hour and a half wait to get into game. While I know there are many people way worse off than me, I can't imagine continuing to play a game that I have to log into an hour and a half before I actually plan on playing. Time is tight and there are many other games clamoring for my attention. If they can't see the writing on the wall and see that new server capacity needs to be added NOW then I fear the new player drop off will be extreme. I mean, yes that will trim populations to the point where the queues will drop but is that really a successful business model? Doesn't it make sense to make people happy and keep them playing/paying when it means you might need some added server capacity? I mean, what is going to happen on release day and after Christmas when the kiddies get their accounts?

I myself have not once waited in a queue and do not find it a problem to find people to do FPs and Heroics with.

It's really hard to imagine how so many people experience these problems, and still there are those of us who don't have them...

I definitely feel for everyone in queues, this obviously has to be fixed: maybe the easiest way is to allow players/guilds to transfer to less loaded servers, as has been said here before.

Come on BW, that can't be THAT much of a problem, can it?

If they're going to allow 30min+ queues, they need to prioritize people who get disconnected. Time Warner is being an exceptionally crappy provider today and I'm tired of getting disconnected only to have to wait 30 minutes to get back in.

5 minute, even 10 minute Q's would be fine by me, really.

but this 45minute + Q times has to be addresed...

this is ridiculous!!!!

You placed me and my friends on this server (anchorhead) and its one of the

worst as far as Q times are concerned....

There's Q times @ 1pm..... REALLY?!

Edited by darkmoney

Mate i know of people who tried to contact CS or have written Tickets which still arent unanswerd, you cannot reach anyone via phone, ticket response time is now 3 Days, the issue was well known even in the beta phase and nothing had happend so far.

The Problem is simply that there is no statement if they are even aware of the severity of the problem, not to talk about a response on how they might fix it or why it does take over 3 days to respond to a ticket.

This is circumstantial at best. With tens of thousands of people playing, any wait is going to be compounded by the sheer numbers involved.

As for if they are aware, they are. They have made a statement addressing the queue issue. Ambiguous as it was, it still addressed the queue issue, and let us know that they were aware of it, and dealing with it.

There are other MMOs out there who have simmilar Numbers of subscribers and they don t have those problems or have fixed them soon enough. tomorow, the game is on sale and we will see a hell of people comming online and try to play. Considering the sheer ammount of servers and the fact that nearly all of them are full says me, that we are in for a big suprise tomorow.

There are many MMO's out there. However, comparing them to this one not only bases your argument on bias, but it also does a disservice to everyone. WoW had 8 months of server issues before they were, mostly, resolved. AoC was plagued with servers swarmed with starting players, to the point of it being unplayable for weeks. Many other MMO's have had weeks of server/lag/bug issues before they were mostly ironed out.

And for the people who think they wait till the float is over, well it could cost them dearly because it is safe to say, they screwed the launch and they screwed it big time.

And since i have played SWG previous its also safe to say, that players never forget, we had people complaining about a change in the game system that happend in the first years still after 7 years.

I sincerely doubt that a company such as Bioware will wait until the "float is over" to fix the issues. They have been steadily rolling out new servers the past few days in an attempt to help alleviate the problem. I suggest we all just calm down, and at least let Bioware through the first week of the servers being up before we start spouting this sort of rhetoric, shall we?

Don't rely in the time stamps for server ques, It may say 45 min, but actually its more like an Hour and a Half.

Yea, Helm of Graush said 45 min est. But it's been 44 minutes and I'm only halfway through the line. Sigh, losing faith in Bioware. I've been beta testing this game for over 4 months and the last thing I ever thought would go wrong at launch would be ridiculous server ques. We had a big discussion about it last month when we were doing all the stress testing.

Edited by Liquil

I expect slight improvement on 12/20 or whenever early access ends, because there are probably plenty of people just wanting to try the game out before they buy, and those will cancel their orders if they decide against.

Again, after 30 days I expect further improvement as free game time ends and people decide against it or Bioware adds more servers or ups the caps on server population and other fine tuning.

If after 30 days I am still waiting in some kind of queue every night for an hour (or really even over 15 minutes) when I go to play, I'll be cancelling my account. It's a wonderful game but when I have about 2 hours to play at night, logging in and getting to play for just 30 minutes isn't worth the subscription rate to me (and really at that point, it would tell me that Bioware bit off more than it could handle).

For now... holding pattern (literally waiting in queues).

Access to said server should have been cut off around the 10-20 min queue. That would have made it perfect. Only way to fix this is to transfer people off of each server that came on the server after the 10-20 min queue mark. Easy fix. Put them on the same type of server or give them a few choices.

Estimated Que times are estimates guys.

It's the weekend. Techs do not work weekends unless they've got kegs and twi'lek dancing girl's in the server room, or the server room is on FIRE. Wait until money is over before the pitchforks come out, let the techs have their holiday weekend before they get swarmed during Xmas by angry players demanding baggy pants for Khem.

Let's all go smoke some hookas and eat some frogs and relax a bit.

Got randomly disconnected from the server, right after we finally made a group for a flashpoint, of course, went to log back in and there was a wait.

And then when my wait finishes it says that my account has been deactivated? But then I haven't done anything... and it lets me log into other servers... SO I don't know what is going on.

:/ If 1-3 hours are the expected que times, I'm honestly unable to play. I work 10-12 hour days and by the time I get into the game, I need to sleep again. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to playing more often. I had created a character and got it up to lvl 15 on one server, but then the que times for that exceeded 2 hours. So I created a different character on a low traffic server, but 2 days later that server blew up in que times. I don't want to unsubscribe but I can't pay for a game that I'm not able to play. I understand that bioware says they're working on this issue, but could we get a bit more details as to exactly what is being looked into and if character transfers are going to happen someday soon?

I don't want to create yet another new character and be stuck in a never ending loop of non-progression due to que times and remaking characters. So a sensible option is to open up character transfers from server to server. And please don't be like WoW and make us pay for a transfer. Rift does character transfers and guild transfers for free, so we as gaming community ask to please allow transfers for free. It might keep a good amount of us from unsubscribing if we could get some more info onthis.

I guess I'm just looking for a line to grab on to before I go ahead and give up hope :(