Regarding server queues

StephenReid

There is no emotion, there is queue.

There is no ignorance, there is queue.

There is no passion, there is queue.

There is no chaos, there is queue.

There is no death, there is the queue.

:D

BW please do something otherwise we will rewrite jedi codex.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You actually have no idea when Bioware receives the money. Your original post stated that people hadn't paid for the game, my reply was to refute that. For all we know the retailer may have paid up front on a sale or return policy.

no retailer gets invoiced for the game till its sold most subscription mmo operate on a saleof return policy especially due to the fact that the reward is so little for such a high risk

Basic economics lesson for the idiots who are saying we havnt paid for the game yet as its early access.

Game was sold with early access as part of the sales package, it was a main selling point.

Money for purchase of game has now changed hands and is in the accounts of Bioware not just the pre order. Subscription is not paid for yet as first month comes in purchaase price.

Sale of goods act in the UK demands that a Item be fit for purpose as you purchased it, if it is not fit for purpose then a full refund must be given, taking this into consideration the game world must be available to every owner of every licence 24 hrs a day 365 days a year barring server downtimes or maintenance.

It obviously is not available to a large amount of us, do not tell us to change servers, been there done it , still queing on my 3rd server, just do not go there.

Oh I have been on many MMO launches and yes there were ques on all of them, the reason this is different is I did not choose my server , someone apparently with a lot more info than me did, yep Bioware, I did not get it wrong they did when they failed to plan for guild placement and EGA.

There is no emotion, there is queue.

There is no ignorance, there is queue.

There is no passion, there is queue.

There is no chaos, there is queue.

There is no death, there is the queue.

:D

BW please do something otherwise we will rewrite jedi codex.

Lol, the best post that i have seen today XDDD.

I don't know about you but Origin DOES NOT CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD UNTIL THE GAME RELEASES ON THE 20th of December!!!

So.... we all still have time to return this game and get our money back.

YEAH THAT"S RIGHT BIOWARE we will be getting a full refund if you don't fix this crap before launch!

you are a fool. Origin have taken payment from my account allready, in fact they took payment when they mailed me my game access code 2 days ago

You must not have played WoW when it was first released, because the queues were just as long as well.

I'm not saying that it's acceptable just because WoW had long queues, but you're simply wrong.

you are right the wow launch was a hell too, not by far as this but a hell.

But we are talking of a game launched in 2004 and when the mmorpg games were played by few people. No one could anticipated the sales of wow when was launched, so the launch problems could be understandable.

But in this case we are talking of a ea/bioware game launched almost in 2012, don't take as for fools.

no retailer gets invoiced for the game till its sold most subscription mmo operate on a saleof return policy especially due to the fact that the reward is so little for such a high risk

It makes little difference as to who has the money, the point is many of us have already paid for a product/service that Bioware are providing.

12h total in que to day "played 15min befor a crash" so its been a great gaming day and it work as intended so no need to fix, i now understand the players defending this release that aint a release. np if this will go on for 2 - 3 monts

loging off now nr 127 in que

Do you need to be bonked on the head to understand that this is LAUNCH of a massive massive game and they can't make a billion servers for anyone to choose from because when people start spreading out and stop playing 8 hours a day and they tune the servers all the people will be spread out. And then they will just have another problem to fix but that one will take much longer to fix then if they play it carefully now.

Seriously you are not even paying to play this game yet, it's like a free service they have every right to play it carefully during early access. Almost all the launches of mmorpg's are messy and if you can't understand and accept this then you need to stop playing this game during this launch perioud and do something else. Launch is ALWAYS messy, get off your high horse and stop whining and deal with it. Damn childish behaviour.

$50 he doesn't have a server with a queue

well here are some options:

1. (obviously) wait and put up with some severe que time on SOME servers.

2. for now, play on a less populated server.

3. cancel your pre-order.

overall just quit your *****in, im sure this will not be an issue after launch as im sure they will want to keep their customers (yes even you doing all your whining)

Basic economics lesson for the idiots who are saying we havnt paid for the game yet as its early access.

Game was sold with early access as part of the sales package, it was a main selling point.

Money for purchase of game has now changed hands and is in the accounts of Bioware not just the pre order. Subscription is not paid for yet as first month comes in purchaase price.

Sale of goods act in the UK demands that a Item be fit for purpose as you purchased it, if it is not fit for purpose then a full refund must be given, taking this into consideration the game world must be available to every owner of every licence 24 hrs a day 365 days a year barring server downtimes or maintenance.

It obviously is not available to a large amount of us, do not tell us to change servers, been there done it , still queing on my 3rd server, just do not go there.

Oh I have been on many MMO launches and yes there were ques on all of them, the reason this is different is I did not choose my server , someone apparently with a lot more info than me did, yep Bioware, I did not get it wrong they did when they failed to plan for guild placement and EGA.

question asked to game shop see if they will divulge the information or just say nothing

Got in on the 13th, I haven't played that much maybe 17-20 hours. I've had about 30 minutes of queue time. Try playing at different times, rolling on a different server (if you're in a guild talk to everyone about changing servers or if it's that important to you just leave your guild), or wait until the new factor wears off and people get into more normal playing habits and the populations stabilize.

I may not be understanding what you wrote, but if I am-- you are wrong.

EA/Bioware gets their money from the Distributor, who buys the game from them.

The Distributor gets its money within 30 days of shipping the orders to the retail shops.

The Retail Shops do not get their money until the consumer buys it off their shelves.

Yes, there is normally a return policy on unsold games after a time (depending upon the distribution agreement, as not always), just like with books in book chains, but that filters back through from retailer to distributor to EA/Bioware (usually in the form of credit owed on future orders/sales).

EA might act as its own distributor, but all that does it cut out the % lost to the traditional "middle man". They still have their money for units shipped, either way. When it sells to a customer only matters to the retail shop making its money back.

Edited by Jumajin

I emailed support about the Q's, and I'll admit it was more out of frustration. This is the reply I got;

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, human cyborg relations.

We are currently aware that there are long queue times on some of our available servers. If you are trying to enter a server and you are encountering a very long queue, we strongly encourage that you consider selecting a different server. Many of our available servers do not have long queue times and selecting one of these will get you into the game quicker.

We expect populations across all of these servers to remain very healthy so with that in mind; please do not hesitate to select a server that has a shorter queue time to begin enjoying the game faster.

We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter. If you have any other issues or queries then please do not hesitate to contact us further.

Galactic support is our specialty….

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Support

Laughable is all I can say. My guild was PUT on Red Eclipse EU by BW so that my guildies could play together, you know as guilds do. And then they tell me to find a less populated server. Laughable.

Still, over 2 hours wait again this evening.

Edited by Malanoth

hm I wonder why they closed the old thread (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=42699&page=258) with 2,578 posts when there are other threads with 7000 - 12000 posts and say its because "This thread has exceeded our post threshold" ...

and btw the queue sucks, can't even play anymore because my internet isns't stable enough to wait 3 hours without disconnecting ... :mad:

one specific flaw to mention in the queue times (other then 3 hours of queue and having few but long spike lags)

the timers that calculates the average wait is far off. i don't know if it's because you slowed down the log in process to scare off people from Bloodworthy(EU) or it has been a simple miscalculation. but on average the timer is only half of what it actually is. this is a flaw that several guildmates and quite a few people on the server has noticed.