Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Simply saying to ppl to pick a new server is as stupid as when the swedish SJ boss told the morning commuters that if the train was full in the morning they should take one in the middle of the day instead....i started second day of EA and had very few servers to chose from i made my char and have now been lvling and crafting and grinding all sorts of stuff for a week, if u want me to change server i want to take my toon with me not make a completly new one.......

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly right now unless something changes I'm just not going to be able to play on weekdays. That being the case I don't know how long the game can keep my interest. I'd consider re-rolling, or just hoping that it settles down after the holidays, but damn, this is disappointing. Most normal folks don't have so much playtime that we can afford to spend upwards of 30m of it in a queue.

Can you extend how many people are on 1 server? Jesus Christ i got disconnected during a warzone cause i tab targeted someone and force leaped them when they were in a glitched area and now im in a que for the 3rd time and im not getting the valor or honor or what ever you call it here that i should have received in that warzone....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Rerolling a character will fix the queues. Throwing more servers at the game that already has open servers will not. It doesn't have anything to do with what people should do or whatever philosophical argument you want to get into.

Capping total population is what is about to happen on some servers. The problem is everyone has the same opinion as you so it's not going to get any better for any of you.

I never said add more servers. Thanks for reaffirming what I was getting at, though. There are too many light population servers, and the high population servers continue to get worse. If you want to start completely over and meet new people to play with, be my guest. I have a specific group I like to play with, and I have enough of my limited play time invested in a character to want to start over. Call it crying, whining, whatever. I don't care.

Where is the Game Time Code located in your CE box when you get it from the store, i have put in my authentication code and everything and have 2 more steps to complete, the Game time Code and my Phyical key code generator. But i dont know where the Game time code is located.

They wanted to improve our experience by making us wait over 2 hours? Now that is some really stupid logic. Really terrific thinking Bioware. Part of something is better than all of nothing. I have 3 hours to play after work and now it looks like I have 45 minutes. This is a waste of time, money and energy.

I never said add more servers. Thanks for reaffirming what I was getting at, though. There are too many light population servers, and the high population servers continue to get worse. If you want to start completely over and meet new people to play with, be my guest. I have a specific group I like to play with, and I have enough of my limited play time invested in a character to want to start over. Call it crying, whining, whatever. I don't care.

You have serious reading problems. You responded to my response to someone saying to add more servers with "Neither is rerolling". I never said that you said anything about adding more servers. I just said that rerolling is a solution, it's just not one that you like.

I don't have to reroll though, I'm on an EGA server but my queue time is tolerable, I can wait it out. If I had a 4 hour queue time you bet I'd start over. In the amount of time people have spent complaining here they could have gotten back to where they were on their original server. Or at least closer than waiting in a queue and complaining here.

entered at 247 waited 5-6 minutes to get in got to play 5-10 mins crashed and on my way back in i ended up at 449, i didn't whine and complain so much during early access but now ...the game is launched and they want my money hell no i have been fooled by lucas arts once all ready.

they say they are monitoring this issue closely, well do they ? i bet they are waiting to see how many subcriptions they are getting, tonite i clicked on the exit button and i decided to play mw3.

Mass exodus to begin shortly.... a victim of your own marketing machine and a complete lack of understanding of how to bed in a base server population.

The 2 great game killers -

Server instability. and/or

No access to the game servers.

I have a shelf of now defunct, dead or dying MMO's that have failed to gain control of the two things I mentioned...

People are not going to stick around long....

Sure... the company got their 30 - 50 bucks for the box.... but the REAL money is the monthly re-ups and virtual items for sale....

Hope you have a plan.

I WILL NOT pay money to wait in a queue, ever!

I especially am not thrilled about getting disconnected and getting put into yet another queue.

I love it even more when I can't come up with an answer to a security question and cannot get help on the phone or from email support.

I have now been waiting 1 hour and 37 mins to get into Veela server... where I and my guild have played since day 1 of early release.

As was noted earlier... many of us are lucky to have 2-3 hours to play (if we're lucky). If we can't log in during that time, we can't play. We pre-ordered. We participated in beta and answered your surveys and provided feedback.

If you can't increase caps - then immediately offer server transfers. You can't honestly have launched an MMO without also planning to provide server transfers to people. This isn't new technology and these are problems that MMO's have faced for years. You should have been better prepared.

Zoned in a Flashpoint and bam, the infamous Error 9000. Log back in? Queue 200, 15 minute wait.

I'd willingly move to another server with my character....

It's like everyone wants to be on the mal'ganis of SWTOR i know that, so they don't roll on light servers when they started in EGA, they went to heavy/full so there would be tons of people.

I don't know if all this talk of 130 People per planet is real or not, but if it is, that is crazy low. No wonder chat isn't going off the ringer.

I WILL NOT pay money to wait in a queue, ever!

I especially am not thrilled about getting disconnected and getting put into yet another queue.

I love it even more when I can't come up with an answer to a security question and cannot get help on the phone or from email support.

Oh calm down. Its not the end of the world and its the first day of release. You aren't paying right now. Deal with it.

Oh calm down. Its not the end of the world and its the first day of release. You aren't paying right now. Deal with it.

I think he is dealing with it. Nobody likes to play Department of Motor Vehicle: The Game. I had about 45 minutes to play tonight, guess what, 40 minute queue...

Edited by Simmeon

While you all are complaining about waiting, at least you all have a method to play. My serial key is missing along with several other's keys as well.

I am missing my cdkey, authenticator and my statue is broken. WHAT THE HELL DID I BUY?!

BIOWARE FIX THIS NOW DAMNIT! SCREW THE QUEUES! GIVE US WHAT WE PAID FOR!

Great way to burn bridges bioware. I own every bioware game ever produced. Some of them in multiple versions (xbox, pc, etc). I pre-ordered SWTOR so early it's ridiculous. And I even pre-paid for six months. I work at least 60 hour weeks and have two kids and VERY LIMITED game time. I should not have to wait a single fekking minute to get on the server. You suck. I knew selling out to EA was a mistake...