Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

I just wanted to romance Xalek. The guys get Vette, Ashara, and some randoms that are definitely not humans. Once I heard Xalek's voice acting I was hooked, I could care less about how he looks. I know Xalek will never be romanceable but if he were Andronokis would be shoved out the air lock. :)

I would also romance Ensign, if possible, she always accepted courting gifts from my Agent and her voice is adorable.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone; we had to remove a large number of posts from this thread. Please remember that this is not the place to debate whether or not this feature should be included in the game, and it is certainly not the place to discuss political issues or social issues. Please keep your posts on the topic of the thread. Thank you.

Given that you've given us no extra information and that you are unlikely to ever give us any information, coupled with the fact that implementation discussion has been done to death, the purpose of this thread now seems to be merely saying "yes". Which is all fine and dandy, but I'd like a little more life in this.

Also, I think you may have been a bit over zealous, some genuinely useful posts seem to have disappeared.

Ok, seeing as we're here discussion Same-gender romances in the SWTOR universe, I'd like to know what same-gender romances already exist in the Star Wars universe at large.

I already know about the Mandalorian couple and some people from KOTOR (never played it), but is that it or is there more? Also, how much SGR fan fiction have encountered, stuff which isn't in official cannon (I'm going to ignore move-based shipping, that doesn't count).

Hello everyone.

Because the previous thread has exceeded our normal threshold for thread length, we've started this new thread for the community to discuss the how and when of implementation of same-gender romances in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Has Bioware considered adding SGRAs to SWTOR through a purchasable standalone expansion pack?

I do believe that question falls within the scope of this thread .

Hello everyone.

Because the previous thread has exceeded our normal threshold for thread length, we've started this new thread for the community to discuss the how and when of implementation of same-gender romances in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Has Bioware considered adding SGRAs to SWTOR through a purchasable standalone expansion pack?

Edited by subalaba

Given that you've given us no extra information and that you are unlikely to ever give us any information, coupled with the fact that implementation discussion has been done to death, the purpose of this thread now seems to be merely saying "yes". Which is all fine and dandy, but I'd like a little more life in this.

Community Support doesn't get to decide when we get new info or what that info is. They're just here to take care of stuff on the boards and so forth. :o

It does fall within the scope of this thread; it's actually been discussed quite a bit already. The general consensus was that it would be an incredibly bad move for BioWare to do such a thing. Since OGRAs are in the game already and free to everyone, adding in SGRAs in a way that people had to pay extra for them would be a PR nightmare.

Think about it. Both BioWare and EA have publicly proclaimed themselves as gay-friendly companies. For them to treat same-gender content so unequally, to make that content pay-to-play when opposite-gender content is free, it would make those claims a lie. They would get an incredible amount of bad press, and no company wants that.

There's also the fact that companion relationships, as far as we can tell, fall under story content, which BioWare has stated will be free to all players.

Thanks for asking, enjoy the thread. :)

Community Support doesn't get to decide when we get new info or what that info is. They're just here to take care of stuff on the boards and so forth. :o

*shrugs* I was just using it as an explanation as to why the thread had diverged from its initial purpose. I know that Community Support can't communicate anything to us (and likely they aren't allowed to communicate to anyone, at all). It was a vain hope of mine that they'd pass it on to someone else and we'd get the dreaded SOON again, but alas we aren't even allowed that.

I like the community in this thread, but apart from sitting around waving rainbow flags and going "yay", this thread seems to be without purpose, if only for tight-lipped Bioware are. You can blame that on my ever-inspiring optimism.

I know this question has been done to death, but let's rehash:

How many of you are hoping for SGRA and for SG flirt options? (Is anyone else putting off a character because they want the flirts too?)

Personally, I've got two characters on hold until we get more confirmation/until they put SGRA and SG flirts in.

*shrugs* I was just using it as an explanation as to why the thread had diverged from its initial purpose. I know that Community Support can't communicate anything to us (and likely they aren't allowed to communicate to anyone, at all). It was a vain hope of mine that they'd pass it on to someone else and we'd get the dreaded SOON again, but alas we aren't even allowed that.

I like the community in this thread, but apart from sitting around waving rainbow flags and going "yay", this thread seems to be without purpose, if only for tight-lipped Bioware are. You can blame that on my ever-inspiring optimism.

Fair enough. We still get some new people in here from time to time, but yeah, sometimes it seems like the only reason the thread's here is to remind BioWare that we're still here. But I refuse to go away. :D

How many of you are hoping for SGRA and for SG flirt options? (Is anyone else putting off a character because they want the flirts too?)

Personally, I've got two characters on hold until we get more confirmation/until they put SGRA and SG flirts in.

*raises hand* I would love to play a female smuggler, but considering how much flirting the male one gets to do, and considering my lack of desire to flirt with guys, I'm not playing one until they put in SGRA which will hopefully include SG flirts. It would be really silly of them not to. :D

And yeah, I've currently got three characters on hold and two I haven't even made yet who are waiting for SGRs. And while I'll be able to play my JC through all the world quests, I know she won't be doing any class quests from Belsavis on until she can romance Nadia. :confused:

I am very much hoping for it, i'm definately making a few of my toons have SGR's but im not sure which class would work best with it.

I'm both hoping for SGRA and SG flirts, plus holding off on playing several characters myself. Just got two level 50's and mainly planning on farming credits for a while. If I get burnt on farming and there's no SGRA's yet most likely cancel sub until SGRA's are in the game. Don't want to redo to many story lines and such.

I really hope they add flirt options at the same time, I'd be really disappointed if they didn't seeing as how it is apparently a very common thing for opposite genders, and there are some NPC's that are obviously gay/bi, based on how they talk to you, already but do not have the option to respond in kind.

I actually very much doubt they'll put SGRAs in but not flirts. I'm reasonably sure they'll both be opened up.

Having said that it wouldn't surprise me if the vast majority of new flirts come in via new content rather than existing content; there are a lot more NPCs out there than there are companions. But once the game's open to SGRAs it just doesn't seem like there'd be any point not putting in SG flirts.

This would be a very, very bad move on Bioware's behalf.

This matter is, by the way, arguably akin to discussion of the Gay-Away toggle, and the mods banned talk on that.

Edited by Kioma

I would understand if they didn't include questline SGR flirts. But I would hope for it definately. Primary objective for me is still to get the potential for a SGR with one or more crew members.

I wouldn't understand it :/ I wanna flirt with Hesker.

This would be a very, very bad move on Bioware's behalf.

This matter is, by the way, arguably akin to discussion of the Gay-Away toggle, and the mods banned talk on that.

I agree. BioWare has a reputation (for good or bad) of putting SGRs in their games. Never fully fleshed out in KotOR or KotOR II, but definitely done well from Jade Empire on down the line. IF they actually do make it a purchase only expansion, that would just confirm my suspicions that BioWare isn't BioWare anymore, and has been completely replaced with EA's own devs.

I agree. BioWare has a reputation (for good or bad) of putting SGRs in their games. Never fully fleshed out in KotOR or KotOR II, but definitely done well from Jade Empire on down the line. IF they actually do make it a purchase only expansion, that would just confirm my suspicions that BioWare isn't BioWare anymore, and has been completely replaced with EA's own devs.

Make it a free expansion pack then? Or is that considered discriminatory too? :eek:

Why make it an expansion at all? I mean... what's the reason you're suggesting it?

Because what I really think Bioware should do concerning SGRAs would be removed from this thread. Bioware has made it perfectly clear that opposing viewpoints concerning SGRAs will not be tolerated in any of their forums. I guess you are right, with SWTOR going to F2P it's really a non-issue.:rolleyes:

Make it a free expansion pack then? Or is that considered discriminatory too? :eek:

... A free expansion pack is called a "patch."

Or are you suggesting that Bioware put even more extra money into producing separate content-discs to sell at retail outlets for the price of $0?

Why?

Edited by Raiellyn

I wonder if while they implement SGRA they will also think about wether they want to keep it mandatory that we be commited to only one companion.

At this time it seems that out characters are not only straight but also that should you want to go beyhond a certain point we have to make a choice.

examples Raina vs Kalyio or Akaavi vs Risha

Would it not be good if you could all be a big happy familly?

What do you think ?

(and yes I am trying to steer the conversation away from more post deletions)