Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, I want some serious effing details. But just about anything is better than nothing.

They wouldn't even confirm whether previous statements were still current. Really, BioWare? Really?

That's the rant for tonight. I am hoping that I really will get something for us out of the current dialog with Allison, but I won't hold my breath.

Well, hopefully we get more than we have. I'm skeptical as well about even being thrown a bare bones answer like the PvP response, but I feel awful and I don't feel like being that negative.

For what it's worth, I don't regret a single word of my rant. I just hope that those that read this thread understand I'm not trying to attack the mods, the developers or even their bosses per say. It's more of the personnel that dictate what a developer and/or mod is allowed to say that really got me riled up, and still does.

Not to mention those articles about EA and their "inclusion" of SGRs in the game. The players should not have had to correct that before it really began to spread.

Meh, Doup made us homemade chicken noodle soup, so I'm going to eat; take some Alieve and curl up with him. We both ended up pretty sick today. The flu is the pits lol. I hope things go better tomorrow, for information and for everyone. :)

Anyhow, take care guys..must go crater for the day.

Edited to add:

Thank you for that adaptation, Natashina. I've sent it to Ms. Berryman and Mr. Gonzalez and have plans to adapt more such announcements in the future.

Thanks. The posters that see me a lot know I'm not prone to ranting. That isn't an "I'm quitting post," but it is the rant of a player feeling betrayed and very misled.

Night. :)

Edited by natashina

Oh, just asking them why they've decided to string an entire community along for over a year with no intention of interaction or giving information; stating that it seems Bioware has no intention on introducing the content in any capacity and that it feels that they've lied to us.

You know, the usual disenchanted crap that no one reads or puts any stock in.

Hello Again, Tatile!

Thanks for continuing to ensure that the Community Team is aware of your (and many other players') concerns. We do visit the threads about SGRA very often, though, and we understand your frustration and desire for more information.

Unfortunately, I have to disappoint again, as I have no new information to share. I can, as always, assure you that the Community Team is well-aware of the desire for more information, and we'll share any news the second we're able to.

Thank you again for your patience.

I think she's getting sick of me. I would as well, to be fair. Interesting language, I'd say.

Edited by Tatile

I think she's getting sick of me. I would as well, to be fair. Interesting language, I'd say.

Pretty sure it goes vice-versa. I visit this thread maybe twice a week, and it seems every time I do I see another identical response from TPTB.

Well. Unfortunately it's too late for my main agent if we have to do the whole 'stop at this planet for a gay old time' thing. He's just going to have to be shunned and alone. Poor guy. At least he has his darkside stalker in my headcanon....

That's probably not any better.

TPTB?

Also, darkside stalker? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

If they don't make the companion romances available retroactively, I'm going to end up sitting in a little puddle of misery because all my characters have maxed out the affection and hit 50. Because I wanted to play the game. Funny that.

Puddle? I mean 'Olympic swimming pool' of misery. And I'm crap at swimming :/

As to her reply there is your answer, they have no new info and when they do they will share it. What more do you want from them? She said when they get new info they will share it. While the Disney take over may not scuttle plans for this it may put them on hold if any restructuring ect is to happen to the staff.

TPTB?

Also, darkside stalker? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

If they don't make the companion romances available retroactively, I'm going to end up sitting in a little puddle of misery because all my characters have maxed out the affection and hit 50. Because I wanted to play the game. Funny that.

Puddle? I mean 'Olympic swimming pool' of misery. And I'm crap at swimming :/

Yeah, The Powers That Be. Sorry, spend too much time on chatboxes in RP forums :p

Well, considering my main agent is a lightsider with severe personal space issues... not really a good thing to have a psychotic stalker, no.

I only have two characters at 50 so I'm quite lucky. But they're mostly all towards the end of act one at least. I just figure if worst comes to worst I'll just have to 'replay' the same character. That'll be harder with some classes than others.

As to her reply there is your answer, they have no new info and when they do they will share it. What more do you want from them? She said when they get new info they will share it. While the Disney take over may not scuttle plans for this it may put them on hold if any restructuring ect is to happen to the staff.

It's getting to the point where it feels like they aren't reading the thread or acknowledging the grievances posted here. I send key points from the thread which I think are important: Uluain's list of Things We'd Like to Know, updates of Natashina's FAQ and other points that might have been brought up. It's like an unsolicited news feed, rather than an actual request for information. It's built from an irrational fear that this topic is going to fall into obscurity and, as far as irrational fears ago, that's not so bad. I could be afraid of snakes.

What does "working to bring more information as soon as possible" even mean in this case? It's possible now. We see information posted here every day and no one has died of it yet. Oh no! Talking about the Gay makes bad things happen! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Whatever.

They've also said they "have a huge lead-time on writing", and "nothing's changed from what we said in March." Hall Hood's confirmation of what Gabe said was rescinded, so that's out.

Since they refuse to say anything else, we have to take those two comments at face value. Especially "this year". As it's now November, the work would have to be done already and all but ready - unless, of course, something has changed and they've been lying about that.

Either way, there is some information there - they're just giving us the 'mushroom' treatment. What more do we want? How about they actually read the damn thread and answer some of the non-"when's it coming" questions? Who are the characters, for which class? Will we have to re-roll if things are maxed out? Will it change current dialogue missions? Again, if they don't know the answers to those, at this point in the year, they've been lying about "nothing changing" with their pseudo-deadline.

Given that Disney did not buy BioWare, there's not going to be any restructuring on this end.

Given that Disney did not buy BioWare, there's not going to be any restructuring on this end.

There isn't even going to be any restructuring at Lucas Arts or any other Lucasfilm subsidiaries. Disney has said they are keeping all the divisions intact, at their current locations. No reason at all to think that a change in ownership from one socially progressive individual (George Lucas) to a socially progressive company (Disney) will affect the development or implementation of this content in any way.

I am willing to wager when/if sgr come out there will still be people angry that is wasn't enough or it was poorly written or insert why its not good enough here. For some in here they will never be happy. I give up, when/if this comes out I will leave the game. I dont want real life in my video games and that will be forced upon me.

To the contrary, we can expect a great deal. And we can temper those expectations realistically by observing the sort of information given on other topics since launch. And, having done so, I think we can be justly aggrieved that this topic particularly has been singled out to be deliberately ignored.

I would love to be able to place the responsibility for this decision squarely where it is deserved. But, like the spineless, cowardly bigots they are, those responsible for the gag order on this content are hiding behind the crap-catchers on the Community Team.

I am willing to wager when/if sgr come out there will still be people angry that is wasn't enough or it was poorly written or insert why its not good enough here. For some in here they will never be happy. I give up, when/if this comes out I will leave the game. I dont want real life in my video games and that will be forced upon me.

They could easily have acted to prevent so negative a response by giving us some advanced warning as to the limitations of the feature, so that we could make informed adjustment to our expectations in advance, as they do all the time with other anticipated content.

As for your personal concerns, as I have said before, you may be happier playing some other game produced by a less progressive studio. I understand NeoPets has no romantic content at all.

Edited by Uluain

I got excited for a minute when I saw the Hall Hood thing on Facebook.

Then disappointed. But at least he mentioned Tara Strong, which I see as a bright point because <3.

While I think it's pretty outrageous that there's been no proper announcements regarding the content yet, I do find that bombarding the community team with questions is quite futile. They already know our concerns, and they can't say anything. All we can do is wait for a proper announcement, and hope for the best.

If the "before the end of the year" statement still stands, we should be seeing something on the subject within a few weeks, what with 1.5/F2P likely going live in 5-7 days. If we're still sitting here with no new information in 21 days, I'd say we can be fairly certain that the stated deadline is no longer valid.

I don't know how optional content will be forced on you, but if you feel you wish to leave the game because Bioware/EA/LucasArts/Disney are LGBT-positive, you best leave now, as they are.

That being said, we ask for information and clarification so that we are not disappointed. We want to know whether or not the content will be available retroactively, so that we can make informed decisions about the class we want to play. We want to know which companions are available, so that we are not disappointed when the content is released and our favoured companion isn't available. We want to know which class will have access to SGR's - and of which sex - so that we are not disappointed with the options when they are made available.

The fact remains that Bioware does not want to give us any information and as such we are not able to make informed decisions. The less information that is made available, the more angry and disappointed people will become.

The interview with Mr. Hood was a perfect opportunity to discuss SGRA's in a more general manner and they did not. That was a conscious choice not to provide us with information - again. Bioware is already pandering to the "anti" crowed over this matter, despite what the "anti" crowd and Bioware might be saying.

"Everytime I see that Jedi tank, he's got the healer dude as his companion. Must be gay." How, exactly, is the companion story of someone else going to be forced upon you? It won't be any different than how the current romances, shouldn't that have broken your in-game immersion already?