Dead Server and I'm not transfering?

Ignobull

Pretty sure they are basically merging without saying it for PR purposes.

The way they are doing it suggests that they are taking servers with the lightest pop and making xfers, then they will add more and more to the list, keeping the ones on that are the lightest, and quietly merging what's left at some point.

Now that's a thought. We will see on Tuesday though. If Fatman and ToFN become destination servers then yay.

Edited by DiabloDoom

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually you'll be the last person on the server and you'll finally have time to read all the books in the Sith Library.

Until your glasses fall off your face and break. "No! No! There was so much time now! Nooooooooooooooooo!"

People keep saying the game is full of solo players and they don't give a monkies about server population. I don't expect my toons to move off either Sith'ari, or Bacchus Blade (pub side) because I'm happy to play the game the way I am currently. If/when I want to start grouping (when my life/free time etc. allows it) I'll either pay for a transfer later or re-roll onto a new server.

In about 4 months you'll be in contention for "The Last Man Standing" award when they turn the lights off on your server?

I wonder if the award for being the last one is you get to keep the server? Pray you are not on the same server as

though.

I wondered this, seems a bit silly. Why not just merge the servers? KInda get the feeling this will happen in the end but I guess if you get a free tarnsfer and then have to rename chars and legacy you wont be so upset but if they just more you you will be?

That is a very good point. They're picking where you go, with potentially making you change your legacy name and character names when you might not even wanna be moved there.

Edited by FourTwent

That is a very good point. They're picking where you go, with potentially making you change your legacy name and character names when you might not even wanna be moved there.

it's your choice to move... they have also said that, of course if you CHOOSE to move to a server and the name is taken you have to choose a new one and ALL legacy names will be redone after you move... now if your legacy name isn't taken you can enter the same one again but with how many people have been crying for months to be able to re-do their legacy names you think this would be good news

they are choosing which servers you can transfer to because if they didn't we would end up with the population all spread out and the same deal we have now...

Edited by Liquidacid

It's obvious they'll close the origin servers eventually and export the remaining accounts "somewhere". They won't keep them running with let's say 10 accounts. Not really profitable.

You have been given a chance to move to a server that will have more population than your current server. And you will not take that chance for some reason (pride? laziness? fear of losing your "unique" name? etc.)

Of course you will be left in a "dead-er than dead" server.

Make your choice.

How about the fact that you already have characters and a legacy on the only destination server they allow you? I don't want to combine my legacies. The two are two completely different "families" and play styles.

How about the fact that you already have characters and a legacy on the only destination server they allow you? I don't want to combine my legacies. The two are two completely different "families" and play styles.

Perhaps you should have stayed on your original server, and not contributed to it being a low pop. Good job hastening that server death.

If your on a dead server and you do not transfer what happens? The way I see it the population is already small, if people start getting free transfers off of the server the population is only going to get smaller. Will they merge servers? Will they force me to transfer?

They ARE merging servers, in the way they have calculated would be best for the entire situation.

Unfortunately it appears you aren't willing to participate in the mergers. Good luck.

I'm more worried about my friends that I hope will come back one day then myself, if I leave with a free transfer, and they resub 6 months from now, will I have to reroll on their server... yet again...

Your friend's fault, not BioWare's.

If your on a dead server and you do not transfer what happens? The way I see it the population is already small, if people start getting free transfers off of the server the population is only going to get smaller. Will they merge servers? Will they force me to transfer?

I'm wondering the same thing.

The way I see it, my choices now are 'stay on a dead server' (which, btw, was a med pop server before this fiasco) or move to an overpopulated server that will have me waiting from 15-45 min just to log in.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

Eventually you'll be the last person on the server and you'll finally have time to read all the books in the Sith Library.

Okay, I LOL'd at this.

These origin servers will eventually be merged into more populated servers and you won't have any choice about moving. In which case, it makes absolutely no sense not to transfer right now.

I wondered this, seems a bit silly. Why not just merge the servers? KInda get the feeling this will happen in the end but I guess if you get a free tarnsfer and then have to rename chars and legacy you wont be so upset but if they just more you you will be?

This. Not only should they be forcibly merging all of these servers now. They should at the very least be disabling character creation on these origin servers. Who wants to be they haven't and new subscribers can create characters on these origin servers which will be completely dead instead of mostly dead in another week. *facepalm*

Great Spirit, Maker of All Life. A warrior goes to you swift and straight as an arrow shot into the sun. Welcome him and let him take his place at the council fire of my people. He is Uncas, my son. Tell them to be patient and ask death for speed; for they are all there but one - I, slimPickens - Last of the Mohicans Edited by SlimsPicken

I'm more worried about my friends that I hope will come back one day then myself, if I leave with a free transfer, and they resub 6 months from now, will I have to reroll on their server... yet again...

Bud, you better looki out for yourself. They left you high and dry. I wouldn't worry about them too much. (Except for ones that are going through rough financial times). I am talking about your friends that left for other games. You better look for greener pastures.

The Bastion hit full lastnight, there was no Q to get onto the server.

People will find any reason to complain.

It's spelled queue. And there were major queues trying to get into The Harbinger and Drooga's Pleasure Barge. I could give a *** about The Bastion because it's not like I can choose to transfer there instead.

And in any matter I don't want a filled to the maximum server, even if they didn't have queues. I liked my medium population servers. I don't know why they were even included in these transfers. They weren't dead servers until BioWare did this and killed them.

It's spelled queue. And there were major queues trying to get into The Harbinger and Drooga's Pleasure Barge. I could give a *** about The Bastion because it's not like I can choose to transfer there instead.

And in any matter I don't want a filled to the maximum server, even if they didn't have queues. I liked my medium population servers. I don't know why they were even included in these transfers. They weren't dead servers until BioWare did this and killed them.

most servers have been dead WAAAAY before bioware did this.. the razor for example has had 20 or less on in prime time for MONTHS... because everyone left due to FPS issues and problems with 1.2 patch.

enjoy your time alone in the dark when they shut off the power to the fleet =)

You have been given a chance to move to a server that will have more population than your current server. And you will not take that chance for some reason (pride? laziness? fear of losing your "unique" name? etc.)....

My "choice" from the "chance" they gave: was to delete all my toons on one of the 2 servers involved.... 8imps and 8repubs, which do you in your "wisdom" suggest?