RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

My point is, that we are the only RP-PVP server for Europe- at least the only English one. I haven't said anywhere that I dislike RP, because if it would be true, I would have chosen different server obviously. I am not delusional tho and I know that there will be no RP-PVP server after those transfers. Those who will stay will have a truly single player experience. Like it or not, we are PVP server with RP flavor, if I am not mistaken, origin servers could transfer so far to only one destination server. If this will be the case here as well, then the PVP server is the only logic choice. Of course I would like to see transfers to both PVP and PVE from LC but I doubt this will happen. This is not about what I want and what you guys want. Lord calypho is a RP-PVP, if they can't keep the RP, then the PVP is the next criteria for transfers. It's pretty obvious to me.

It's like opening transfers from RP-PVE server to a PVP one... I see no reason for this to happen.

Edited by Arkadaa

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate your point, and as I'm one of the players who would support the choice of a move to a PVE server I'll try to explain why.

For me, I hoped world PVP would be another facet of the game, honestly warzones a PVP server does not make since all servers have them. Open world PVP where you happen upon a group of opposition players (or one) and weave a merry dance for a while, thats the kind of PVP I rolled on the PVP server for...given the option again and armed with the knowledge I now have I would roll on a RP-PVE because my interest has always been the endgame operations, I thought PVP would be more in this game than it has been (poorly implemented and killed soon after launch). I rolled RP because you get less of the trash talk in the more mature community formed on a RP server...not once have I seen someone called a noob in general chat on LC, I rolled a new toon on Red Eclipse yesterday and saw that very term used several times because a player couldn't articulate a point without it.

I'd perfer the transfer to a RP-PVE server from LC, but honestly I worry about the overall population percentage interested in the RP community, so I'll settle for a standard PVE if I can get it (or even pay for it at this point) rather than suffer the dead server I'm currently on...Does that make sense to anyone except me, or am i just deluding myself and should get on with leveling my new toon on RE?

But let me make one thing clear here, I would like the choice for players to move to PVE, not all players moved and thats that...if that were the case and we could all only move to one type we would all have to go to a PVP server.

I am on red eclipse now m8 have been for a while :)

I feel sorry for the people who want a dedicated RP-PVP server but lets face it the only RP that will be happening on LC is Episode 4. I noob levelling up and 2 crusty old Jedi, one of whom won't even come out to get his dailies done.

To all those that say RP isn't happening anyway, consider:

You need people for operations, right?

You need people for flashpoints, right?

You need people for HMs, right?

You need people for PvP, right?

Well, guess what? You need people for RP, too!

The reasons you don't see a lot of PvP, or Ops, or HMs, or FPs are the very same reasons you don't see RP. What does that mean? It means that the same solution that would increase activity in PvP, Ops, HMs and FPs would also increase activity in RP.

So, saying that the RP stipulation doesn't matter because it's not happening anyway would be akin to saying that PvP, Ops, HMs and FPs don't matter because it's not happening anyway.

Hope I'm saying this right to get the point across. As much importance as you place on PvP, RPers place on RP.

To all those that say RP isn't happening anyway, consider:

You need people for operations, right?

You need people for flashpoints, right?

You need people for HMs, right?

You need people for PvP, right?

Well, guess what? You need people for RP, too!

The reasons you don't see a lot of PvP, or Ops, or HMs, or FPs are the very same reasons you don't see RP. What does that mean? It means that the same solution that would increase activity in PvP, Ops, HMs and FPs would also increase activity in RP.

So, saying that the RP stipulation doesn't matter because it's not happening anyway would be akin to saying that PvP, Ops, HMs and FPs don't matter because it's not happening anyway.

Hope I'm saying this right to get the point across. As much importance as you place on PvP, RPers place on RP.

ty for the bump

no pls open a new post for u opinions because frankly they have nothing to do here, this is a focused post about n issue afecting Lord Calypho. Please stop

I am on red eclipse now m8 have been for a while :)

I'm also on Progenitor (just in case) as Xharkhan mate so add me of you roll there and catch me in TS as well if you get chance!

Sorry everyone, shamless bump :p

Agreed, the only decent thing to do is offer the below to players...there were 35 players on imp fleet at peak tonight :(

RP-PvP (Lord Calypho) --> PvE (Red Eclipse)

RP-PvP (Lord Calypho) --> RP-PvE (The Progenitor)

RP-PvP (Lord Calypho) --> PvP (Tomb of Freedon Nadd)

Have to agree with the others that suggested it.

I support those two options. Personally I would like to transfer to ToFN, because it's all about pew pew. ;)

The thing is ...

Ok Yes I enjoy PVP as well, But as the situation is atm, leading us to Tomb (which allready has a 25 min queue in peak time- with LC there might be 1 hour wait), I really doubt it will be good. I mean waiting 1 Hour to Log to game?

Hell no. 10000 times i would choose Progenitor over that. World PVP Is Pointless at this game , and you can always have your pvp flag enabled when new planet blah blah for open PVP.

But seriously having to wait like 1 hour to log in... I would prefer the RP-PVE over the PVP one , only for that reason:(

one more reason is all my names are taken at tomb:((

Edited by Davelakos

Hopefully they've seen during the weekend that our server has been dead.

Let's hope. 32 players in fleet at peak time:

1) Logged in, stood around looking for a group;

2) Logged out;

3) Cancelled Sub.

Any good will I have for this game is being smothered by boredom induced by lack of community interaction.

I'm not going to start fresh on a new server. No transfer, no sub.

The thing is ...

Ok Yes I enjoy PVP as well, But as the situation is atm, leading us to Tomb (which allready has a 25 min queue in peak time- with LC there might be 1 hour wait), I really doubt it will be good. I mean waiting 1 Hour to Log to game?

Hell no. 10000 times i would choose Progenitor over that. World PVP Is Pointless at this game , and you can always have your pvp flag enabled when new planet blah blah for open PVP.

But seriously having to wait like 1 hour to log in... I would prefer the RP-PVE over the PVP one , only for that reason:(

one more reason is all my names are taken at tomb:((

you are right about that what we will wait to log in Tomb of Freedon Nadd but thios happens only at the saturday but if this happen every day what do you prefer to wait 25 minutes to log in or to wait many hours at lord calypho without doing anythink

That picture is taken during the april event, there has never been any other open world pvp on Lord Calypho, except the first months on Ilum.

I'm not saying you'r wrong, but well you're wrong: because me and others have arranged many open world pvp events on LC. Thing is people dont really like to go without rewards for doing so.

However, it's incorrect to say that there were no open world events on LC. There were quite a few. I helped arrange them.

I and others will continue to do so whether we're on LC or wherever!

Let's hope. 32 players in fleet at peak time:

1) Logged in, stood around looking for a group;

2) Logged out;

3) Cancelled Sub.

Any good will I have for this game is being smothered by boredom induced by lack of community interaction.

I'm not going to start fresh on a new server. No transfer, no sub.

Same here. Went on Fatman just to see and there were 200 on fleet. Annoying thing is, creating a new toon on Fatman and the pre-order reward didn't come through via e-mail now any of my pets or titles like they did when I created toons on other servers.

So like you, I'm not starting new elsewhere. For BW it would mean more money as we'd have to sub longer to get to the same level character wise and legacy wise. Screw that.

From a long standing Lord Calyphite with 6 Chars on there I hope they have an answer tomorrow, let me move to a pvp server!

agreed they have no excuse to leave us hanging any longer whether it be the 3 choices mentioned today again in this big thread

I also think what earlier suggested would be a good way to do it.

It's just a post to inform you players, especially those ones playing on "Lord Calypho".

What do you think about this illogical step BioWare takes in eliminating "dead servers"?

I belive the devs has the very best of intend, but are completely incompetent and makes good intend into baffeling bad decitions.

EA never cared about high quality and ensureing quality in patches, nor the most importaint thing for MMO, the build up of community, EA never cared much about building community.

With no competent workers you can't make a MMO. Anyone can make a mud hut, but it takes incredible skill to create a cathedral.

And i think it is time for ....

5 people alive at the fleet , we threw one down passed him around, 4 people alive at the fleeeet*music plays on the backround*

4 people alive at the fleet , we threw one down passed him around, 3 people alive at the fleeeet....

Doom Dim dam Doom :p

You know the lyrics , have fun with us!!!

Apart from joking this is how Lord Calypho is atm I am typing this :p

Edited by Davelakos