RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was stated in a way already, but I would lke to emphasize again, that I would rather stay on dying server and move only to RP-PVP one in another continent (or even with another language). Why?

1. Can't stand seeing lorebreaking, stupid, leet, copied, ascii'ed etc names, and you have much less of this on RP servers (name policies exist)

2. PVP! it's much more fun to be able to kill/die/run/chase other faction players if you see them.

3. PVP servers usually have more dedicated gameplay in warzones

4. RP servers tend to have more mature (physically and/or psychologically) population

That was the reason for me to choose RP-PVP, and as all 4 points are important.. It should be possible to retain them.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/205/event14aprilphase1.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/event14aprilphase1part2.jpg

Thats pre 1.2

actually there are more chars in those pics than in LC right now

can't understand what are u trying to achieve except beeing utterly wrong

LC--------> T:O:F:N

I WANT TO PVP

Well, all i wan't is to get my chars from Lord Calypho > Tomb Of Freedom Nadd.

People more interested in RP can join PVE rp servers. Or stay.

Leaving Lord Calypho as is, will most likely kill it and make it a ghost town.

Well, all i wan't is to get my chars from Lord Calypho > Tomb Of Freedom Nadd.

People more interested in RP can join PVE rp servers. Or stay.

Leaving Lord Calypho as is, will most likely kill it and make it a ghost town.

Its a ghost town already rep fleet had 19 players on during the day yesterday :confused:

I maintain RP servers do tend to have a more mature community, which is why I rolled on Calypho in the first place I've never been that worried about the PVP aspect.At this point I dont really care much about open world PVP, frankly its badly implemented and dead anyway, in all my time leveling various charcters I've been swamped by gank squads maybe 3 times, never found a player for a one on one always in groups so honestly I'd be happy moving to a PVE server.

I would like the option of moving to a US RP-PVP server to maintain the type of server I rolled on originally but that may work for me since I have a good net connection, it may not work for everyone.

The way I see it we're distilled into:

RP-PvP (Lord Calypho) --> PvE (Red Eclipse)

RP-PvP (Lord Calypho) --> RP-PvE (The Progenitor)

RP-PvP (Lord Calypho) --> PvP (Tomb of Freedon Nadd)

I rolled a character on Red Eclipse yesterday and my god there were over 70 people on the starter planet and over 220 on fleet (rep side).

I think we should be offered the options at least, rather than this waiting waiting waiting while Bioware decide if they'd rather we had to re-roll or quit.

... flabbergasted. The stupidity of BioWare is sometimes baffling.

It has come to be expected really. Sad that a once well respected company has turned into one that you actually expect to screw the pooch on every seemingly trivial decision.

And after that we will watch the population slowly decrease over the months until we are in the same situation again. Rince, Repeat.

I still don't follow you on this. What's your reasoning that this would happen with one filled server and not the other filled servers?

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I still don't follow you on this. What's your reasoning that this would happen with one filled server and not the other filled servers?

The difference is: They HAVE an existing system and solution to transfer to those other servers - while we have not. If another server starts draining of pop, they can move them or have ppl moved to them - we can not. This means that eventually we will be in need of a transfer again - and then what? Yeah sure, other server might get in need of more ppl too - but thats easily fixed, what about us?

Other then that im against shuffling in players that rolled on a native speaking server too, as well as forcing anyone to move across continents.

I simply believe that IF we would combine the 3 EU RP-PVP servers, we would see a loss in activity again rather quickly -And not so many new players joining. Slowly, becoming less and less active...

If they really were to do that anyway, merge the 3 EU servers, then trust me -I really hope i'm wrong about this whole thing.

As i said, 70 people are responsible for more than 40k views !?

Perhaps it could be that devs posted in this thread, drawing the attention of regular forum visitors...

Nah...Im probably wrong, it must the 20-30k players that are subbed on LC, but never logs on!

I come back to check the transfer thing out, thinking it might reawaken my interest in this game to actually be able to play with other people, and I find that it's not possible to transfer my characters from a dead server to a more lively server?

What sort of nonsense is this?

I come back to check the transfer thing out, thinking it might reawaken my interest in this game to actually be able to play with other people, and I find that it's not possible to transfer my characters from a dead server to a more lively server?

What sort of nonsense is this?

The kind bioware now specializes in, sadly.

One thing is weird, why do I see posts like "oh please open the transfer to a PvE server !!1oneone! Guys - lets clear one thing out. Lord Calypho is a PvP server with an RP flavor. Why on Earth, BW would open transfers to a PvE server? If I would like to play in PvE environment - with an RP flavor - I would choose an RP-PvE server and everyone else who likes PvE and RP should only choose mentioned option. Do not pollute this thread with the silly ideas to open transfers to PvE servers, once again, Lord Calypho is a PvP server and BW should allow transfers to other PvP servers, since RP is not likely going to survive this transfers. Its your fault that you didn't choose the PvE server in the first place, so do not make the situation worse for PvP'ers on LC since for me, for instance, transfering to a PvE server is worse than playing on an empty server.

That being said, I do not deny transfers from Lord Calypho to both PvP and PvE servers, but that is not likely to happen.

haveing played on an RP-PVP server back in AOC, look at it this way, at least you guys aren't being merged with a PVP server

Aquilonia? If so, I was there aswell ;) But in all honesty, if the transfers will be on for us - and I bet they will be at some point, what server do you think we will be able to transfer to? To me its pretty obvious, the PvP one (Tomb of bla bla). It will be somewhat like a merge back in the AoC days, since the population on LC will drop to even less after the transfers, so it will be a ghost server...

Edited by Arkadaa

I feel sorry for the people who want a dedicated RP-PVP server but lets face it the only RP that will be happening on LC is Episode 4. I noob levelling up and 2 crusty old Jedi, one of whom won't even come out to get his dailies done.

One thing is weird, why do I see posts like "oh please open the transfer to a PvE server !!1oneone! Guys - lets clear one thing out. Lord Calypho is a PvP server with an RP flavor. Why on Earth, BW would open transfers to a PvE server? If I would like to play in PvE environment - with an RP flavor - I would choose an RP-PvE server and everyone else who likes PvE and RP should only choose mentioned option. Do not pollute this thread with the silly ideas to open transfers to PvE servers, once again, Lord Calypho is a PvP server and BW should allow transfers to other PvP servers, since RP is not likely going to survive this transfers. Its your fault that you didn't choose the PvE server in the first place, so do not make the situation worse for PvP'ers on LC since for me, for instance, transfering to a PvE server is worse than playing on an empty server.

That being said, I do not deny transfers from Lord Calypho to both PvP and PvE servers, but that is not likely to happen.

How about you open your mind and realise that YOUR way isn't the only or the right way, there are ppl who enjoy RP on our server and also like to PVP, that is why they chose an RP-PVP server, if you only wanted to PVP why did you not choose a pure PVP server? Playing in a wz is not considered real PVP by most ppl, that would be open world PVP, which in non-exsitent and has caused many pure PVP players to leave the game. Those that prefer the RP aspect over the PVP should not be force to give up that because YOU think they should.

I appreciate your point, and as I'm one of the players who would support the choice of a move to a PVE server I'll try to explain why.

For me, I hoped world PVP would be another facet of the game, honestly warzones a PVP server does not make since all servers have them. Open world PVP where you happen upon a group of opposition players (or one) and weave a merry dance for a while, thats the kind of PVP I rolled on the PVP server for...given the option again and armed with the knowledge I now have I would roll on a RP-PVE because my interest has always been the endgame operations, I thought PVP would be more in this game than it has been (poorly implemented and killed soon after launch). I rolled RP because you get less of the trash talk in the more mature community formed on a RP server...not once have I seen someone called a noob in general chat on LC, I rolled a new toon on Red Eclipse yesterday and saw that very term used several times because a player couldn't articulate a point without it.

I'd perfer the transfer to a RP-PVE server from LC, but honestly I worry about the overall population percentage interested in the RP community, so I'll settle for a standard PVE if I can get it (or even pay for it at this point) rather than suffer the dead server I'm currently on...Does that make sense to anyone except me, or am i just deluding myself and should get on with leveling my new toon on RE?

But let me make one thing clear here, I would like the choice for players to move to PVE, not all players moved and thats that...if that were the case and we could all only move to one type we would all have to go to a PVP server.

Edited by XharKhan

I appreciate your point, and as I'm one of the players who would support the choice of a move to a PVE server I'll try to explain why.

For me, I hoped world PVP would be another facet of the game, honestly warzones a PVP server does not make since all servers have them. Open world PVP where you happen upon a group of opposition players (or one) and weave a merry dance for a while, thats the kind of PVP I rolled on the PVP server for...given the option again and armed with the knowledge I now have I would roll on a RP-PVE because my interest has always been the endgame operations, I thought PVP would be more in this game than it has been (poorly implemented and killed soon after launch). I rolled RP because you get less of the trash talk in the more mature community formed on a RP server...not once have I seen someone called a noob in general chat on LC, I rolled a new toon on Red Eclipse yesterday and saw that very term used several times because a player couldn't articulate a point without it.

I'd perfer the transfer to a RP-PVE server from LC, but honestly I worry about the overall population percentage interested in the RP community, so I'll settle for a standard PVE if I can get it (or even pay for it at this point) rather than suffer the dead server I'm currently on...Does that make sense to anyone except me, or am i just deluding myself and should get on with leveling my new toon on RE?

But let me make one thing clear here, I would like the choice for players to move to PVE, not all players moved and thats that...if that were the case and we could all only move to one type we would all have to go to a PVP server.

i think we need both destinations, i can understand u 100%. In my case i would rather go to Tofn or the FAtman as i only PvP. But we need a solution for all the folks.