HK-51: Minimum of 1 Empire and 1 Republic Toon On Same Server to Unlock

I don't know were all the guild summit is transcripted but if you do its in the ' and everything else part ' right at the end of the guild summit , look it up. I never did find the full summit after it had finished.

Oh and since hearing the hint at the guild summit me and 2 friends then left room/ made room for 2 characters on each of our 2 servers for the other faction.

cheers,

Badorb.

This tells about the hint you speak of. But that being said it isn't something that was widely know because not all information gets posted here in the forums where it belongs.

http://feature.mmosite.com/swtor/upcoming_1.2_update_in_swtor_and_beyond.shtml

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god, they're not giving me something for free?! I have to earn it?! I'M UNSUBBING!

:rolleyes:

I like to call the people who want something for nothing "Wowzas" I left WoW because of people like them (a buff that makes Heroic modes less heroic? Why the heck would you want that!?!).

For everyone who complains about swtor requiring you to follow all the forum hints to get your crystal or pet - it was harder to get rare pets on NEOPETS than swtor, and way harder to get certain vanity items in Vanilla WoW.

Edited by AshlaBoga

Well thats flat out crap. I have a Republic server and a Imperial server, simply because whats the point of cluttering up a server with alts that can't help each other in terms of crafting/items/money?

They can, you've been able to mail money, items, etc between factions for quite some time now. I do it all the time.

I like to call the people who want something for nothing "Wowzas" I left WoW because of people like them (a buff that makes Heroic modes less heroic? Why the heck would you want that!?!).

For everyone who complains about swtor requiring you to follow all the forum hints to get your crystal or pet - it was harder to get rare pets on NEOPETS than swtor, and way harder to get certain vanity items in Vanilla WoW.

WoW didn't start this. People have been wanting something for nothing since gambling was invented, it's just became worse over the years of reality tv making people into celebrities for no reason.

But that's a tangent.

I have a nasty habit of putting the worst first.

So, in light of my habits, the alternative would likely be a 5 mil price, which is not worth it.. so I`ll have to do the alternative of sand chewing : grind an useless lvl 50, on a side that has no meaning to me, at a time when I don`t feel like doing it.

Just like you are paying the privilege of rolling a new alt 1 to 50, for as little as 1.5 mil credits. Oh joy :)

Also, the problem was this: Bioware did not provide me with tools to keep in touch with the opposite side, but they are asking me to play it? I want to keep in touch with my Guild, not play like it is Day 1 again and they are stuck in queue. Because it isn`t.

tl;dr : And my "rant" is about being asked to roll a side I won`t normally play. Because the next one might very well be have 8 chars, 4 imp, 4 rep, all comps at 10k and all Legacy bought.. or have Legacy 50 and pay 50 bil. They should limit themselves to ONE side.

Maybe its just me, but id totally prefer having to pay 5 mill (which honestly isnt that much) credits than grinding a char from 1-50 (again, that is if i had 0 interest in actually playing an alt)

Maybe its just me, but id totally prefer having to pay 5 mill (which honestly isnt that much) credits than grinding a char from 1-50 (again, that is if i had 0 interest in actually playing an alt)

It'd actually probably be closer to 15 to 25 mil, but yeah. This isn't a vanity pet. It's a companion.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

It takes 1 minute to roll a new toon on the other faction.

Which is exactly what I did last night--under my Legacy name I had all Imps so I rolled a Trooper...I probably won't level him very much if at all unless I have to. The Trooper SL is okay, I just don't want to grind a Trooper in addition to a Sniper, Sorc, Jugg, Sin, Guardian and Shadow across 2 servers...

but I'm actually kind of surprised that so many people seem to have 8 imps or Pubs on the same server

Ditto. Mainly because there's only 4 imp stories and 4 pub stories. Even before they added cross faction e-mail I was planning on just using the hutt GTN to send stuff/money. (though admittedly, 1.2 dropped before I really got started on any imp characters)

Well thats flat out crap. I have a Republic server and a Imperial server, simply because whats the point of cluttering up a server with alts that can't help each other in terms of crafting/items/money?

why cant you? I have both characters they are added to my legacy. i mail credits, items i craft and items i gather back and forth. In fact All my empire characters have only gathering skills I attribute that to the fact that I'm stealing from the empire and giving it to the republic.

Long live the republic!

Edited by Snakeyees

do ppl not wanna work for anything they just want bio to hand them the hk 51 on a silver platter lol if you want him you have to earn it. now we get to see 500 million threads booo hooo hooo

Not just that we have no idea if we even need characters in both factions on the same server. People get all freaked out over something that has not even been detailed yet. I have enough stuff I know as fact to be upset about I dont get upset about rumors.

They didn't say we NEEDED one, they recommended it.

Personaly I only have time for 8 characters anyway and wanted at least one to be a PUB (NO WAY WAS I DOING THE IMPERIAL PLANET MISSIONS 8 TIMES) but I'm actually kind of surprised that so many people seem to have 8 imps or Pubs on the same server - is it because they didn't originally allow you to mail alternate faction legacy characters?

Edit: Badorb isn't some sort of obsessive fanboy people, he just realized that in order to get all the vanity goods in swtor you have to pay attention to the hints they drop (like the one about -273.15;)). I like having to piece things together rather than just knowing exactly what to do because it's obvious. When the Rakghoul event came out I checked Dulfy's website and discovered how to get a crimson rakghoul because of it (heck, Dulfy's site also helped me get my tauntlet SO CUTE:t_biggrin:

Yeah sorry 'needed' was a strong word it was a huge hint , but you are right , that hint got me thinking and yes I too didn't want 8 imps on one server and 8 pubs on t'other as I wanted to see the other side on both servers. So when I heard that hint I recommended to my friends to leave room for 1 or 2 of the opposite faction as I didn't want to miss anything in the future. I'm possibly going to end up with 4 of each faction on both the 2 servers , but don't think ill ever get to level the 16 advanced classes anytime soon to 50.

cheers,

Badorb.

~How to get HK-51 with only an imperial character~

1. Cancel sub (a number of people)

2. Put forced to reroll a pub to get Hk-51

4. Profit

Speak to our imperial oppressing devs through their profits the only language they understand

yea, ppl get in freak out mode i have toons on both sides on the same server an on diffrent servers i have 11 toons

Yeah sorry 'needed' was a strong word it was a huge hint , but you are right , that hint got me thinking and yes I too didn't want 8 imps on one server and 8 pubs on t'other as I wanted to see the other side on both servers. So when I heard that hint I recommended to my friends to leave room for 1 or 2 of the opposite faction as I didn't want to miss anything in the future. I'm possibly going to end up with 4 of each faction on both the 2 servers , but don't think ill ever get to level the 16 advanced classes anytime soon to 50.

cheers,

Badorb.

Too many people screaming "it isn't that hard" are missing the point people are trying to make entirely...

I have Republic characters, but like a great many people they are on a different server. At no point should players be forced into a situation where they have to use a play style they may not wish to use to unlock content.

Yes, this companion isn't necessary. However, it is added content and this content should be available to all regardless of play style. If a new battleground or operation were being discussed instead of a companion, how many of you crying that "its no big deal" would still be singing the same tune?

I don't mind the idea of alts, but I do mind the idea that unless I bow to Bioware's pressure to play different factions on the same server I will miss out on some content. This is not the way to keep people happy and resubscribing to a game. The way to keep people happy is to understand that different play styles exist and that gating content to only one specific play style...especially content that isn't important but is something many people have been looking forward to...is a bad thing.

It is normal for people to pick a faction and stick with it. Most people will dabble with the other side to see what it is like but will always stick with that one faction they enjoy most. Any decision by Bioware that goes against the more important customer decision on how to play both factions is, in the long term, a bad decision.

You can justify it all you like by saying "it isn't hard" or "it just takes one character" but in the end it boils down to the simple fact that Bioware isn't considering all play styles when making decisions like this one.

Yeah, rolling a new character is simple, roll it. But, there is going to be an extremely tedious quest line in order to get HK. And it's going to be very hard as well. It's another time sink to grab more cash from the customer, that's all it is. By the time you get HK 1.4 will be on the horizon. Edited by kuromeru

You can craft and send to the other side as long as you have legacy. I do it all the time

Yes, this companion isn't necessary. However, it is added content and this content should be available to all regardless of play style. If a new battleground or operation were being discussed instead of a companion, how many of you crying that "its no big deal" would still be singing the same tune?

This companion isn't really the only thing restricted by playstyle, and your own examples mostly counter your argument.

If, for example, I'm a pure raider, and I don't pvp at all. They then introduce two new warzones in a patch, I'm basically restricted from them due to play style simply because I don't have any pvp gear. If you don't have any pvp gear at all, you're basically useless in a level 50 warzone, so that in itself restricts you from them due to play style.

It's a fact of mmos that you will be restricted from obtaining certain items, gear, vanity pets, and so on due to either playstyle or dedication to achieving them. It's really not surprising at all given the current benefits of playing both factions anyhow. You're also restricted from making a twilek juggernaut without first leveling a twilek of another available class to 50, should you be able to create a twilek juggernaut without meeting the requirement simply because your playstyle prevents you from leveling one of another class first? No. I'm sorry you don't like it, but that is basically how it works.

Personally I expected things like this to be in store for us after I saw legacy and realized the potential benefits of playing both factions, I want a Ratataki Sage for example, which is fortunate because my first character was a Ratataki Sniper. I then leveled a twilek assassin basically for the above reasons, I wanted a twilek juggernaut. If you want something, you should do the work required to achieve it, it shouldn't just be readily available to anyone that logs into the game simply because some people don't want to work for things.

Edited by Celebrus