Let's look at the new options from 1.3

Asacado

It's more likely going to make me do one of two things; gear up my Powertech again or quit.

As helpful as that was, it doesn't in the least bit answer the question at hand. If people are discouraged to play a certain spec, what will reign as the alternative. Playing another class isn't my cup of tea, take that to their forum.

As helpful as that was, it doesn't in the least bit answer the question at hand. If people are discouraged to play a certain spec, what will reign as the alternative. Playing another class isn't my cup of tea, take that to their forum.

Their forum? You know you're not actually an Assassin, right?

I answered your question I could, because frankly it doesn't make much sense. Your question was essentially "Now that the tanking spec has been nerfed which of the two DPS specs are you going to choose?". The answer to that, for me, is neither; I want to play a tank, so will look at playing a different class in order to tank.

Edited by Parthis

Tanks got an armor and healing nerf, significantly hitting their survivability. Will this change people over to deception or madness since their ability to live is going to be much closer?

I will have to reserve judgement until I see how it really affects me in action, but to me the changes dont seem all that drastic.

The fact that none of our skills were moved around yet again tells me that Tankasin's are right on par with where they want us, however the other 2 tree's might still need some sort of buff so they are viable.

Their forum? You know you're not actually an Assassin, right?

I answered your question I could, because frankly it doesn't make much sense. Your question was essentially "Now that the tanking spec has been nerfed which of the two DPS specs are you going to choose?". The answer to that, for me, is neither; I want to play a tank, so will look at playing a different class in order to tank.

I would love to question how you don't think I am an assassin. If you enjoy playing another class, do so. But I prefer positive feedback concerning the rotating and adapting changes to a class. If you can't contribute positive feedback, why post at all? Obviously assassin's aren't for you, hence ranged alternative. Some of us chose to adapt. So...swing and a miss?

I will have to reserve judgement until I see how it really affects me in action, but to me the changes dont seem all that drastic.

The fact that none of our skills were moved around yet again tells me that Tankasin's are right on par with where they want us, however the other 2 tree's might still need some sort of buff so they are viable.

35% reduction in armor, 33% reduction in harnessed darkness healing, and 50% reduction in the already extremely negligible dark charge healing not drastic?

I would love to question how you don't think I am an assassin. If you enjoy playing another class, do so. But I prefer positive feedback concerning the rotating and adapting changes to a class. If you can't contribute positive feedback, why post at all? Obviously assassin's aren't for you, hence ranged alternative. Some of us chose to adapt. So...swing and a miss?

he said u weren't ACTUALLY an assassin, not that you don't play one lol :p

The healing factor helped tremendously. While extensive testing to see how much on the "OP" scale we were downed from is to be seen. I saw no changes to deception, nor madness, so it raises the question why their survivability was not increased. We all know deception is squishy.

he said u weren't ACTUALLY an assassin, not that you don't play one lol :p

Which makes me question the relevance of the post :p I mean, let me go talk to our government, get training and then I'll post my new career choice for some random forum troll, amirite?

35% reduction in armor, 33% reduction in harnessed darkness healing, and 50% reduction in the already extremely negligible dark charge healing not drastic?

Yup, our healing was minute at best to begin with, not godly at all. I am looking to try being a glass cannon and getting big numbers again or even try for the 500k+ damage madness brings. And yes, were talking when played right, madness is sooo much fun. Death field=9-10k damage=sexy.

I will keep playing as a tank because i like tanking. Until i am unable to get into any groups because i am killed to fast or wont be able to tank if that is the case then i will just stop playing the game.

I will keep playing as a tank because i like tanking. Until i am unable to get into any groups because i am killed to fast or wont be able to tank if that is the case then i will just stop playing the game.

Dying too fast in pve may be deemed your own fault if you are dps, as for tanking, you will still have a healing factor, cooldowns to work with and a boss fight or mobs that can be controlled. While in pvp, we just gotta take our kicks and hope for the best if we chose to stay darkness.

I do not know how to take this yet. The healing kind of made sense even though when using 3 stacks of HD is was not guaranteed you would get the full affect off. The armor reduction I feel will kill PvE tanking. I was expecting a damage nerf not survivability.

With no changes made at all the other trees I am not sure what to do. I think I may give deception a try if I can get my healer friend playing again.

I do not know how to take this yet. The healing kind of made sense even though when using 3 stacks of HD is was not guaranteed you would get the full affect off. The armor reduction I feel will kill PvE tanking. I was expecting a damage nerf not survivability.

With no changes made at all the other trees I am not sure what to do. I think I may give deception a try if I can get my healer friend playing again.

You mean people actually heal dps? :t_eek:

I always loved deception's animations, big numbers and simplicity while managing force. It is my second choice however, with all the dots, rooting capability and fun I can have in madness.

You mean people actually heal dps? :t_eek:

I always loved deception's animations, big numbers and simplicity while managing force. It is my second choice however, with all the dots, rooting capability and fun I can have in madness.

Well on my server most healers PvE while there is an abundance of them on the pub side (not uncommon to have 4).

Deception can be taken out of a fight with roots/snares with no real gap closer and the squishiest class in the game and brings nothing to the table.

Madness is great I think thats going to be the go to spec I have tried it, its challenging but when played right is nuts.

As a main operative with a full bm geared assassin, I can tell you deception > concealment.

Dying too fast in pve may be deemed your own fault if you are dps, as for tanking, you will still have a healing factor, cooldowns to work with and a boss fight or mobs that can be controlled. While in pvp, we just gotta take our kicks and hope for the best if we chose to stay darkness.

I was only thinking about full on tanking in PVE, dont care much for PVP so if i will be worthless as a PVE tank then i might aswell quit. Been tanking since day one and tank hardmode denova and have alot of fun, but with alot less survivability it might not be a viable option anymore.

I have to admit I'm more than a little peeved at this. My first guy was an Assassin and after discovering just how bland and unimpressive Deception was I switched to Darkness. I was at least happy to be a viable tank and now that is being ruined because of pvp complaints.

There are three options I see possible:

1. Hybrid-specs will get more popular (most likely option to me).

2. The change will push people even more into dps gear.

3. Take up some tanking gear to be on one level with pre 1.3 again (very unlikely).

We have to wait and see how all changes play out together(changes in adrenals and relics -that take a lot of burst away from all classes).

Probably some sort of madness spec will be preferred.

Deception wasn't unplayable but it wasn't particularly hot either. Playing deception without the burst from adrenal/relic is going to give your opponents a lot more opportunity to use all their tools to get you away from them where you'll miss the chance to kill your "target of opportunity" and then likely be attacked by others (where you'll then die due to squishiness, or even at best be unable to stealth). Concealment operatives will also suffer here for the same reason where they weren't even particularly good today.

They need to revamp the talent trees so both 31 point madness and deception trees have access to disjunction (which is currently an 11 point darkness talent so you can't get at it). Both specs really want force speed that break roots and they can't do it.

Sadly even though tankasins have been nerfed severely, deception and madness are bad enough off that I think tankasins are STILL probably the best choice.

Edited by ShadowOfVey

Tanks got an armor and healing nerf, significantly hitting their survivability. Will this change people over to deception or madness since their ability to live is going to be much closer?

You should restate it correctly. Will this change people over to deception or madnes.... or out of the game.

No? Darkness is still superior to the other 2 standards.

23/1/17 and 24/0/17 will be the "best" choices now.

Edited by Xinika