Bioware was sleeping or testers didnt care? Lvl 50s in 4 days ?? ***

Francisab

in 6 months it will be f2p and they will be selling gear and items for real money.

Do any games actually do this? I've tried Champions Online again since it went f2p, LOTRO, STO, and EQ2, in addition to WoW. All of the items for purchase are cosmetic, or only give a small benefit over regular items.

There's always xp boost items, etc. but you can level without them. I've never seen 'here's a tier set for $25'

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any games actually do this? I've tried Champions Online again since it went f2p, LOTRO, STO, and EQ2, in addition to WoW. All of the items for purchase are cosmetic, or only give a small benefit over regular items.

There's always xp boost items, etc. but you can level without them. I've never seen 'here's a tier set for $25'

they probably wont give gamebreaking items but usually things tat you can purchase while leveling that may phase out within 15 levels.

just give it time ladies.

in 6 months it will be f2p and they will be selling gear and items for real money.

i guarantee it.

let the rage flow though, i enjoy your attempt to defend your biopoop

You do realize this is just the beginning. Your kind of comments show up against every game starting out in response the type of comments you see that also happen when any game is getting its start. Say what you like but its just so common to see these type of comments at the beginning of a game.

I will, however, admit I have played some games that took a few months to go free to play (Sword of the new world, Fallen Earth, etc) ... none of them were quite like SWTOR though and could never stand up to it.

just give it time ladies.

i guarantee it.

let the rage flow though, i enjoy your attempt to defend your biopoop

I think bioware have shown some integrity TBH to the kind of rubbish they could of got up to. I hope they keep it P2P as I am sure the game will be successful and there will be no need..

If it does go F2P though then that's will be a shame and I'll then be off.

On the other hand, I've played since friday and I'm lvl 15...it's not biowares fault that some people skip all the dialogue and speed levels.

This.

I haven't played a lot, I'll gladly admit it. Got too many exams atm. BUT the 12 levels I have on my trooper is *********** fantastic. Superb game

Spacebar Commandos have no life and don't play games for enjoyment. They're like people that buy movies and skip to the last scene, or people the read the last page in a book.

The nice thing though is that it leaves their character somewhat damaged in the fact they didn't pay attention to the choices they made so they can't go back and fix them.

Serves them right.

So.... you blame the testers for things in this game? Really. Come on. I guess you like to point fingers.

All BW wanted was our input. They never responded to any of it. They never answered any questions. And for the most part they completely ignored our pleas for improvements on many things.

People that get to 50 ... pay attention... they are playing as many hours as possible. They are leveling up because they are passionate to do so. IMO it is a little obsessive, and, like I said in another thread, I just wish that kind of focus and passion could be directed into important things, like the world's economic crisis, cuz maybe we could fix that. But nope... it's for reaching level 50 in a few days on a video game. Oh well.

But in the end, Who cares? What does their being 50 have to do with you? Oh, you are worried about world firsts? Really hahaha????? Like that means anything.

Because of what it reflects about the game, and how long it'll last.

It may not be entirely determinative, but as an incidicator, if you don't understand how it doesn't bode well, then you might want to accept that people are concerned rather than dismiss them.

Yes, that makes sense. Accept something because you don't understand it... No no, you're right.

And like others said already, they got 50 because they skipped the actual content of the game. If thats what you want to do, then sure, go for it. Whatever you determine as "fun"...Means nothing to me. I'm having a blast going through the content, personally.

Testers sleeping? Bioware not paying attention? Who tested this game? The game has been out live for like 4 days and we have lvl 50s running around??? Seriously did Bioware not realise how stupidly quick ppl could lvl? The game isnt even officaly released yet and we have ppl at capped level.. this doesnt bore well for long term.

1. No, we weren't sleeping. We were testing. SWTOR was in closed beta since at least October 2010.

2. BioWare made a sum total of ZERO major changes that were requested by testers who actually took the role we were spun with seriousness. Instead, fanboy rage enabled what you see before you, today. About 2/3 of the posts on the forums were (and are) fanboys, gushing over how wonderful something with 1/10th the features of other games was the best one out there...

3. Power levellers exist for all games; there have been reports that at least one in SWTOR has been running entirely since the beginning of early access constantly, which likely means its more than one person playing the account for the sole purpose of power levelling, or someone realllllly dedicated/addicted. Furthermore, its not unusual for whole guilds to mass power level through a variety of content.

4. Power levelling likely has a sum total of zero long term repercussions. Other shortcomings will take care of that.

Testers sleeping? Bioware not paying attention? Who tested this game? The game has been out live for like 4 days and we have lvl 50s running around??? Seriously did Bioware not realise how stupidly quick ppl could lvl? The game isnt even officaly released yet and we have ppl at capped level.. this doesnt bore well for long term.

The people who are 50 skipped the main part of the game i.e story. Those that don't like story wont stay for long anyway, so might as well get them out sooner rather than later. I'm sick of people telling me to skip the story, I would prefer to see them gone asap.

When will they make a MMO that mobs are RELATIVE level to the player?

When will they make a MMO that areas are LIVING and content doesn't become redundant after you finish it?

When will they make a MMO that NPC battles are based around ability and available tactics and not just pure stats.

/peace

I've heard that the class stories are only 60 hours per class. The side quests and flashpoints makr up a lot of the gameplay. So i can easily see nerds hitting 50 in 4 days.

ONLY 60 hours per class? ONLY? You say that like it's somehow not enough. I've played so many MMOs it's not funny and the "class stories" in all the other ones were maybe...wait, class story? What's that? :D

When will they make a MMO that areas are LIVING and content doesn't become redundant after you finish it?

When will they make a MMO that NPC battles are based around ability and available tactics and not just pure stats.

They have, it's called EVE and the opponents are other people. If the singleplayer games can't manage it with NPCs (and they can't), what makes you think an MMO can?

Lesson Eight

"Don't tune for the hardcore." Turning to the audience, Walton asked for a show of hands: "How many of you have shipped an MMO? How many of you remember a discussion about making the game harder to keep people in the game longer?" He dismissed those who had but didn't, and suggested that this stems from "forgetting our object is not to keep people as long as humanly possible, but to provide entertainment." When it comes to grinding, "they will do it, but they will hate you."

When he first encountered WoW, he admits thinking that the game would be over in 50 days -- because it's so fast paced. But when its success became apparent, Walton realized something. "I was thinking about crazy people! Crazy people can finish the game in 50 days, but crazy people are not who we should be thinking about.... where's the real market, our real customers? If anything, I think people should make games that level faster than WoW -- that have the right content to hold up."

There's your answer.

Edited by Kourage

/peace

You are looking for a single player game. It's a RP game so stats are vital.