The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Scheduled Maintenance: June 5th, 2012 = Non-US Holiday

Marcus_Cade

Do you realise that Tue 5th June is a Bank Holiday in the UK & many people will be off work/school/collage/etc? If you do go ahead with it, can you please explain (to those of us in the UK) why it is ok for it to be put back a day, to mourn the fallen (fully understandable) but not our Queens 60th year on the throne - Thank you. Edited by Marcus_Cade

It's not technically a "Bank Holiday" it's a Public Holiday. The two are different legaleezee wise.

As to putting it back, we are not important enough with regards to this particular game. One country out of dozens in the EU and we are certainly not the first country in most American's minds - ever. That's just something to live with.

It's not such a bad thing, it will only be a few hours, go and wave a flag in your high street and come home.

Do you realise that Tue 5th June is a Bank Holiday in the UK & many people will be off work/school/collage/etc? If you do go ahead with it, can you please explain (to those of us in the UK) why it is ok for it to be put back a day, to mourn the fallen (fully understandable) but not our Queens 60th year on the throne - Thank you.

I assume this has little to do with disrespect or ignorance but probably rather with the fact that those responsible for the maintenance won't be off work. ;)

Go and do what is expected of you tommorrow, turn off your computer breathe the fresh air and go wave that Union Jack high, after all if it wasnt for the fact that Liz was as well lived as she is we wouldnt be off work now !

Or better yet go do what Cameron and his croonies have said and have a street party !

From what I understand the only reason maintenance was pushed back for the U.S. holiday was solely so the employees could have the day off, no other reason. As the employees that do the maintenance arn't based in England, China, Japan, Russia, Etc... I believe this is why it still happens on their holidays. I may be wrong, but that's just the impression I got.

Why would a company based out of Austin, Texas care about a UK holiday? How would it affect them in the slightest?

Italy just had a holiday recently, should BW take the day off for that as well? I believe Germany also had a recent holiday...let's make concessions for every single country on the face of the earth whose inhabitants play SWTOR! That way even less could get done! :D

i hate to say it ..but this complaint is a bit to much whine..they have in the past put off the updates due to holidays.. both uk and NA.. do they have to do it everytime? no... the holiday isnt that big of a deal, its a few hours thats all. I hate to say it but everyone in eu will get over it.. there is pleanty to do on those days. we have enough problems with complaints on the forums, do we really need the segregation threads to pop back up?

The topic title suggests that there is some general "non-U.S. holiday", when in fact we are talking about a single nation. BioWare has postponed maintenance in the past for holidays outside the U.S. It cannot, reasonably, take into account every national holiday.

It's a one off holiday. There has only been one other diamond jubilee in history. You will never see another. You should watch it on tv, go to a street party, go to London, etc. Just my opinion.

It's a one off holiday. There has only been one other diamond jubilee in history. You will never see another. You should watch it on tv, go to a street party, go to London, etc. Just my opinion.

im in Canada.. plan on watching it on tv.. since I can not get to London:P however.. alot of people in the world do not give a care about the queen of england.. and logically alot of them wouldnt care all that much. but ya I'd suggest giving it a look.

i hate to say it ..but this complaint is a bit to much whine..they have in the past put off the updates due to holidays.. both uk and NA.. do they have to do it everytime? no... the holiday isnt that big of a deal, its a few hours thats all. I hate to say it but everyone in eu will get over it.. there is pleanty to do on those days. we have enough problems with complaints on the forums, do we really need the segregation threads to pop back up?

Sadly, the people in the EU have made the same complaint in every game I have ever played. Nothing has changed in my 8 years of MMO gaming.

Firs they were scheduling maintenance during work hours in the US, now they are working through the early hours of the morning because it conflicts with neither US or UK peak times. I'm satisfied to see that they at least find the best possible route to keep as many people happy as possible and they have my compassion for doing so.

Watch a film, go to the pub, call a bird up, read a book, learn a recipe. Jesus Christ All Mighty think of something yourself to occupy you for a few.

Firs they were scheduling maintenance during work hours in the US, now they are working through the early hours of the morning because it conflicts with neither US or UK peak times. I'm satisfied to see that they at least find the best possible route to keep as many people happy as possible and they have my compassion for doing so.

Watch a film, go to the pub, call a bird up, read a book, learn a recipe. Jesus Christ All Mighty think of something yourself to occupy you for a few.

i find it hillarious that the same people complaining about the server going down are the same people complaining that the game sucks:P

i find it hillarious that the same people complaining about the server going down are the same people complaining that the game sucks:P

Some people just like to complain, a way for them to release mental anguish upon the world, makes them feel better.

I would put heavy money on the fact the Bioware is an American company, Star Wars is American, and operations are based in America. I would never expect Europe to celebrate our Independence Day.

the op isnt upset that they arent celebrating the jubilee.. they are mad that they are losing time on their day off for the holiday.. which is a sad thing, really, but it isnt like it hasnt happeend to every other country in the world at times too.

Was not a complaint. More a question of why, as they supposedly take in to account each region. Some interesting replies from fellow players though. Thank you. :)

just because they didnt push back the date of the update it doesnt mean they didnt take the holiday into account...

just because you didnt get your way it doesnt mean the powers that be didnt consider that and decide to go against your wishes anyway...

Edited by thomasgallant

I wonder what Runescape is doing to celebrate? Anyway grats to the old lady in the big hat!!! Just think if she didnt live this long you guys would have "Charles in Charge" see wut I did thar lololol

Charles is going to be king anyway... which is sad. really.. hes an idiot:P

It's not such a bad thing, it will only be a few hours, go and wave a flag in your high street and come home.

Lol, please record that and put it on youtube, sounds like fun :D

Edited by Sauska