Repeat healing in one life? Warzones.

NoaFlux

Just a quick question. Is it possible to repeat heal (in one life..no death) in a Warzone match?

Me and another player attacked an opponent for what seemed like 2 minutes or more...over and over again we would attack and everytime their energy got low...it would go back up sometimes in small increments, sometimes in large. He must have done this ten times. There were no healers nearby, it was two verses him and he finally died...after about 2 minutes+. The other player thought it was a healer who was just healing themselves.

I'm a jedi shadow, and know nothing about other classes thats why i asked. I am aware of reusable med pacs but heard u cant use those in warzones or at least not more than 1 or 2 times a lifespan.

Edited by NoaFlux

you probably didn't see the healer, most healers can operate at 30 meter range. if you're going to PVP seriously you should take the time to verse yourself in all the mechanics of classes. Also, your target may have been a healer themselves, which is likely if in 2 minutes of survival he/she didn't kill one of you.

EDIT:

also, what do you mean by energy? do you mean their resources, or their health? what were you attacking with? do you know how to play your own class? is this under-50 PVP? etc etc

Edited by KBSIP

you probably didn't see the healer, most healers can operate at 30 meter range. if you're going to PVP seriously you should take the time to verse yourself in all the mechanics of classes. Also, your target may have been a healer themselves, which is likely if in 2 minutes of survival he/she didn't kill one of you.

EDIT:

also, what do you mean by energy? do you mean their resources, or their health? what were you attacking with? do you know how to play your own class? is this under-50 PVP? etc etc

Nope! Same thing happened to me, a healer specked Trooper in WH. He did not even turned around just laughingly kept healing himself. No pocket healer around, just a good old OP healer, so after a while we just give up and went somewhere else to waist our time.

I know what they faced...

I bet a dollar to donuts its an Operative or Smuggler, that instant med pack they can spam when they are below 30% health... I dont know what it is called though.

If I speculated further, they might have had more Expertise too.

Edited by Blloodbane

EDIT:

By energy i mean Health Bar.

We were attacking with light sabers, and I was using Project a lot.

Yes I know how to play my own class, and yes it's under 50pvp.

I know what they faced...

I bet a dollar to donuts its an Operative or Smuggler, that instant med pack they can spam when they are below 30% health... I dont know what it is called though.

If I speculated further, they might have had more Expertise too.

How does expertise help? I mean at most it helps health go up like what 3-5% in under 50 warzones?

I did check out a Healer's abilities online. There are various combinations that could have created a similar healing scenerio to what I saw, but it still seems odd to me.

I'm a Jedi Shadow and at most I can use my abilities once every two minutes, and with limitations. How is healing yourself over and over..... and over...deep breath..... and over again limited? Doesn't seem fair to me. But maybe he was just a really great player.

Nope! Same thing happened to me, a healer specked Trooper in WH. He did not even turned around just laughingly kept healing himself. No pocket healer around, just a good old OP healer, so after a while we just give up and went somewhere else to waist our time.

Did you or your friend die... while humping a healer...

I doubt he was healing anyone else... if he/she did... then you and your friend need to look at what your were doing wrong.

Kudos to the guy that kept you two busy, nothing more really can be said. I hope at the very least you stopped him from healing anyone else... and both of you where tanked spec... below 50 or new 50s. Sorry there is no class, healer you shouldnt be able to bring down or cripple at this time in the game that it should need a thread.

None...

By energy i mean Health Bar.

We were attacking with light sabers, and I was using Project a lot.

Yes I know how to play my own class, and yes it's under 50pvp.

unlike the movies, in this game lightsabers don't automatically kill people who dont parry them.

if your damage is weak enough a healer can heal through 2 people especially if he's higher lvl and better geared.

Is it possible to "repeat heal"? Of course a healer can repeat heal..unless of course you use your abilities to interrupt their heals at the appropriate time and then proceed to kill them easily (which you were not doing obviously). I can't think of any 2v1 scenario where a healer can stay alive indefinitely with two people on them. That was definitely plausible pre-1.2 but not now.

It was an Op/Scoundrel Healer. They get a great heal that activates when they under 30% health. You need to save your CC/burst from when they get that low. Then quickly CC them and blow them up.

It's nice to read a helpful comment...rather than the usual mean, cynical, or passive aggressive comment.

Seriously. Thanks.

sounds like my merc

Well, how do you explain when it happens on a Marauder... with no healer within 30m. Yes I've seen it happen on numerous occasions. It's just less suspicious when it happens on a class that could conceivably be healing themselves, but I'll wager that happens also.

Whatever you do don't google infinite life hack. Or for that matter cooldown reset hack.

thought about it.... if a players primary abilities are to heal, they should be able to survive against two people. so that's fair.

It's actually not really possible for 1 healer to survive against two players in the current game. Unless both players just don't have any idea what is going on I suppose. A single DPS can pretty easily kill a single healer if they know what abilities to interrupt.

BTW, I didn't mean for my comment to be mean or anything..was just relaying information.

Unless both players just don't have any idea what is going on I suppose.

They attacked someone for two minutes straight without noticing their class, what abilities they were casting, and they didn't know healers could cast more than one heal per fight. It's pretty obvious why the person survived two tanks for as long as they did.

To the OP, healers can use their WZ medpacks along with all their heals. Their weakness isn't how often they can heal, which is pretty frequently, we are talking seconds not minutes, their weakness is how long it takes to heal. A lot of heals take one or two seconds to cast, if you are fighting a healer you need to interrupt their heals, especially as a tank as your damage is lower than a dps. That's why it took so long, you were letting the person heal up, you have to interrupt, knock them back, etc so they can't get heals in.

You need 3 DPS to defeat a well -protected target, which is pretty fair because a well-protected is supported by a healer, tank, and a DPS (those guys still need to kill you at some point and the first two can't get it done).

Almost invariably I see people complain about unkillable guys because they don't have 3 guys working together defeating a guy that is 3 guys working together. Note that if there is no 'DPS' guy on the enemy side, they'd never be able to kill you either so it's just a draw.

Interrupts and healing debuffs are your friends.

I know Assassins get a ~12? second cooldown interrupt that locks out a particular ability for 6 seconds. Watch the enemy's castbar, and if it's a strong heal, interrupt it.

I know of two classes that get an ability that reduces incoming healing effects: the Sniper has Shattershot, and the Marauder has Deadly Throw. These abilities reduce incoming healing by 20%.

Lastly, CC helps a lot against healers, as does burst damage.

You sound like you are a tank assassin though, which literally can't do anything to a healer. It's a stalemate fight. He can't kill you, you can't kill him. Go find someone else to kill.

Surgical Probe is an instant heal with no cooldown that uses a tactical advantage. If used under 30% you have a chance the be granted another TA and another Surgical Probe. If you critical the SP heal (above 30%) you can also gain TA.

I've healed myself anywhere from 1200-2600 consistently while running from 2-3 defenders and survived using line of site and CC.

This person wasn't jut dancing around if they got away from 2 people. I bet they were pretty tactical in their movements.

They attacked someone for two minutes straight without noticing their class, what abilities they were casting, and they didn't know healers could cast more than one heal per fight. It's pretty obvious why the person survived two tanks for as long as they did.

To the OP, healers can use their WZ medpacks along with all their heals. Their weakness isn't how often they can heal, which is pretty frequently, we are talking seconds not minutes, their weakness is how long it takes to heal. A lot of heals take one or two seconds to cast, if you are fighting a healer you need to interrupt their heals, especially as a tank as your damage is lower than a dps. That's why it took so long, you were letting the person heal up, you have to interrupt, knock them back, etc so they can't get heals in.

Awesome and detailed version of how to take on a healer like this. Appreciate the insight.

But infinite life hack is very popular too and it's not really infinite life. It's just a couple of reworked percentages..i don't think that's possible to never die...and it's stupid because you'll be reported. I 've read comments on you tube about this, people love doing it, and do it a lot.

Not sure where I stand on this. Either way I appreciate everyone's insight.

Edited by NoaFlux

Well, how do you explain when it happens on a Marauder... with no healer within 30m. Yes I've seen it happen on numerous occasions. It's just less suspicious when it happens on a class that could conceivably be healing themselves, but I'll wager that happens also.

Whatever you do don't google infinite life hack. Or for that matter cooldown reset hack.

Marauder's can spec into self heals through bleed effects as well as making their CC breaker heal them for 10% health. That is the most likely explanation.