Which gaming mouse should I get?

Hmille

I got a Logitech G500.

The most important thing is to TRY THE MOUSE YOURSELF FIRST. What is perfect for one persons hands can be akward and clunky for the next person.

I can't use razors there shape just doesn't feel right in my hand. I like the feel and shape of logitech better because of the way it fits my hand.

Also you don't need 24 million buttons on your mouse. You can just set one to shift, one to alt and one to clt. Then use those to turn every single button on your keyboard into 4 buttons.

Also wireless is not the best if you plan to use you mouse for FPS games. If you play FPS games you want a cord as well.

Edited by Lt_Latency

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah i dont expect it to last very long either, but i dont know my experience with razer products arent that good. but for a gaming mouse i use Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 the current one i have is around 2 years, the thumb buttons are exactly where i want them and its very cheap :) €25, $31, £20

Yeah well I have really small hands and I actually use my current wireless mini logitech mouse under the right side of my keyboard on my laptop lol : / It works though. But I like the Logitech G700 and the Performance Mouse MX because I have vip promotion and buy it for 65$ :)

I love the performance MX mouse (because I use it for more than gaming)

inside the game though it left a lot ot be desired without going into setpoint and changing a few things (for me I have to make sure setpoint is running as admin otherwise the tweaks won't work in game.)

What I had to do to get the "Zoom" and the hidden thumb button to work in game was to make a profile in the setpoint software for SWTOR and just assigned them F-Key buttons (F11 and F12)

For the "Forward" and "Back" Buttons, while they worked with the game out of the box, would be VERY unresponsive and I would either have to mash the button for the game to react or make sure I wasn't holding ANY keyboard or mouse button, then press either of those keys. (The buttons worked flawlessly outside the game though.)

BUUUUT going into the profile I made for SWTOR in setpoint again I just assigned those the other two FKey's in that Block (F9 and F10) and the game seems to like that better and it uses the ability even though I may be panning the camera (with the right mouse button) and moving forward (with the keyboard) and pressing the assigned buttons on the mouse.

Overall again, I love the mouse. Just had to tweak it for SWTOR for a happy experience. Besides, it's not often that I find a mouse that has a happy heft and hand feel that suits me. :)

Edited by Voren_Kurn

This. And no joke, best mouse I have ever used and I got a Razer Lachesis once before I returned it because this was better.

That mouse is old hat. If a mouse doent have at least 1 through 12 buttons that are easily accessible then its not really a gaming mouse any more. Pretty much 99% of mmos are hotbar focused. With things like the naga razor on the market you can have every button hotkeyed on every bar with only a shift or a ctrl click to access different bars. This makes reesponse times incredible.

That mouse is old hat. If a mouse doent have at least 1 through 12 buttons that are easily accessible then its not really a gaming mouse any more. Pretty much 99% of mmos are hotbar focused. With things like the naga razor on the market you can have every button hotkeyed on every bar with only a shift or a ctrl click to access different bars. This makes reesponse times incredible.

lol that's so stupid. you do not need 12 bottons for an mmo.

the mouse they linked, same as a similar one I have (the fireglider, same price range) have everything a gaming mouse needs. clickable mouse wheel, two thumb buttons, an index finger button. you just need to know how to use your keybinds. while a mouse with more buttons is nice, it's not needed at all, especially when you're on a budget (and I could be wrong, but I actually think you can't change the naga's weight)

I use the Logitech LX3 almost exclusively. Too bad it's listed as a "legacy" product now.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/473/149

I've used a ton of different mice over the last 20+ years, from "gaming" grade mice to cheap ones, a variety of different brands and types. Corded, Cordless, combination (detachable) etc. I work in media production- and use a variety of Adobe products, and also play a ton of different games (although I tend to gravitate toward RPG/MMORPG).

What I find amazing about this mouse isn't the price (around $20 US). It's the sheer responsiveness and timing. It's also clean- it doesn't have 10 gazliion buttons (which I find extremely annoying and not really more productive), it's got just the basics you need for practically anything you do. Primary and secondary buttons, wheel button, vertical AND horizontal scrolling. Oh and it's universally molded so either right or left handed can use it.

The ONLY recommendation I would make to Logitech is to add the "Hyper-scroll" ability they have on a lot of the more current mice they have. If you need tons of buttons on a mouse, skip this one. But if you need pure functionality and responsiveness, this is a very decent mouse.

I recommend the 12-button classic Naga. Don't bother with Deluxe, vanilla one is fine.

THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SWTOR. WHY HASN'T IT BEEN CLOSED YET

But if you make a thread about any other game, it will be closed.

"Which gaming mouse should I get FOR SWTOR?"

Fix't.

Edited by Stenrik

I have the swtor mouse which is a naga and it works great. It's a little pricey, but you'll love how it feels and how easy it is to play the game with.

except you will eventually realise that you didn't just pay for the name of the company that made the mouse - no, you also pay another 20 extra just so it's SWTOR. sure it's not a bad mouse, but unless you really are that much of a fan of this game that you need to have everything in TOR-style I would seriously suggest not getting it. if it has to be a naga get a regular one. (or the molten core, that one looks extremely stylish, and I'm saying that though I've never played WoW)

lol that's so stupid. you do not need 12 bottons for an mmo.

the mouse they linked, same as a similar one I have (the fireglider, same price range) have everything a gaming mouse needs. clickable mouse wheel, two thumb buttons, an index finger button. you just need to know how to use your keybinds. while a mouse with more buttons is nice, it's not needed at all, especially when you're on a budget (and I could be wrong, but I actually think you can't change the naga's weight)

you have obviuosly never used a mouse with 12 side buttons as well as the usual buttons - you dont need to use the keyboard nearly as much, because you have all the buttons you need in your mouse (albeit you need to use modifier keys such as ctrl alt and shift, but you need to use those anyway with regular keyboard keybinds)

and no you cant change teh weight of the naga, but thats a moot point. it moves perfectly and accurately at its own weight.

once you get used to the keys on the naga youll find it difficult to go back.

you have obviuosly never used a mouse with 12 side buttons as well as the usual buttons - you dont need to use the keyboard nearly as much, because you have all the buttons you need in your mouse (albeit you need to use modifier keys such as ctrl alt and shift, but you need to use those anyway with regular keyboard keybinds)

and no you cant change teh weight of the naga, but thats a moot point. it moves perfectly and accurately at its own weight.

once you get used to the keys on the naga youll find it difficult to go back.

actually, I obviously have. I've been through a couple of gaming mouses during the last couple of years, and if you honestly think a naga is better than a G700 then that's your problem :cool:

(or maybe you're just jealous of my keyboard, that could be it)

and just because a mouse weight is perfect for .you. doesn't make it so. in fact, I use my fireglider all the time (the 30€ mouse with only 2 thumb buttons) and change the weight for every single game I play - not forgetting to mention every day computer work.

why are you taking this so personal? you like your 12 buttons, fine, but claiming a 'true' gaming mouse needs all those buttons just because the Naga has them is just ridiculous.

actually, I obviously have. I've been through a couple of gaming mouses during the last couple of years, and if you honestly think a naga is better than a G700 then that's your problem :cool:

(or maybe you're just jealous of my keyboard, that could be it)

and just because a mouse weight is perfect for .you. doesn't make it so. in fact, I use my fireglider all the time (the 30€ mouse with only 2 thumb buttons) and change the weight for every single game I play - not forgetting to mention every day computer work.

why are you taking this so personal? you like your 12 buttons, fine, but claiming a 'true' gaming mouse needs all those buttons just because the Naga has them is just ridiculous.

you know. to each thier own, if you like your g700 so much good for you. personally i have never used one and i probably never will for the simple reason that the naga has soo much more utility than any other mouse i have seen (as already stated in previous posts by myself and other people). i feel no need to try other mice because i feel that i already have everything i need in the one i have.

as for the weight, imo its a minor consideration that makes little difference to the performance. in fact it would annoy me having to mess about with the weight every time i wanted to perform a different task, but again, to each thier own.

i dont understand your reference to being jealous of your keyboard, it makes no sense in a thread about gaming mice.

i dont take things people on the internet say, personally (i suspect in this case it may be you who is taking things personally, at the end of the day were talking about pieces of plastic here, dont get wound up over it). i never said anything about a "true" gaming mouse, i just stated that the naga has utility enough to make using the keyboard almost a moot point because you have so many options using just the mouse and modifier keys.