Which gaming mouse should I get?

Hmille

I apoligize if I posted this in the wrong section of the forums. Thought general discussion was the best place to ask.

I need a comfortable gaming mouse for my laptop to play SWTOR with.

I am a VIP member with logitech, so I can get the Logitech Performance Mouse MX Review for only 65$. Or I can get a Razor Naga for 80$ that has more hotkeys. I appreciate any feedback guys, thanks a lot!:)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Naga. Takes a few days for your muscle memory to kick in given that the entire number row/pad is a thumb click away. But... wow. I can't play without it now. I paid around 80 for it and it's the best hardware upgrade I have made in years.

But specifially, by taking away most of the clicks away from the keyboard you can then use your keyboard and mouse to do certain things simultaneously. For me, it expanded my hotkey options and allows me to use ALL of my abilities as needed.

In addition, it is a good mouse. Well constructed, great response and generally durable. So... yea, I would recommend the Naga hands down.

Edited by Rafaman

I'd actually advise you to get the Logitech G700 ;)

I've used the Razer Naga and I personally found the G700 far far superior. Feels better in my hand and has plenty of accessible keys to use without overloading the side of the mouse. I would never go back to the Naga for any MMO.

If there's any store nearby I recommend you go any play around with a few, hold them see which one fits nicely.

Personally I love the Naga, especially for MMOs like this where there's so many abilities. I generally prefer moving with keys so this mouse allows me to do that while still keybinding. But in general just gives a lot of freedom with how you wanna play. It does take a few days to get used to using it, but once you get used to it you'll be able to move your thumb around like a ninja lol.

One thing to note about the Naga however is that people with bigger hands don't like it so much, its a small mouse suited for the average sized hand.

I use that Logitech Performance MX mouse and love it. It has a good range, a good ergonomic feel, is rechargeable (no AA's), and the ability to use it on any surface is great for me because I play on a couch across the room from the TV that I have my computer connected to.

The extra buttons are nice, although the thumb button's function can be a bit of an irritant (when pressed, it drops back to the desktop and shows you all active windows... last I tried it wasn't re-assignable in-game, though you can bind it to a key or disable it entirely in the mouse's software). You do have to sort of go out of your way to hit the thumb button though, so I generally don't find myself hitting it too often.

Its unifying connector also recognizes my Logitech K800 keyboard, which also has a good range and illuminated keys for playing in low light.

wouldnt go for any razer product tbh, the quality is very lacking. you can be lucky to get a piece that last more than 12 months, but most likely you get one that last 3-4 months. a long time ago i bought a BELKIN Nostromo 52, it took some serious buttonsmashing, softdrinks and coffe for 8 years! if i would do anything similar with the razer n52 it would prolly last a week.

I use logitech EVERYTHING (mouse, speakers, keyboard, headset, joystick, gamepad - for both my machines), and I too definitely say the G700 is the way to go. Just the ability to plug it in on the fly when the battery is low makes it worth it!

wouldnt go for any razer product tbh, the quality is very lacking. you can be lucky to get a piece that last more than 12 months, but most likely you get one that last 3-4 months. a long time ago i bought a BELKIN Nostromo 52, it took some serious buttonsmashing, softdrinks and coffe for 8 years! if i would do anything similar with the razer n52 it would prolly last a week.

Have to admit I the naga does feel mediocre quality.... I think its because its very lite. But I've used mine a lot for the past 6 months and it looks almost new. Honestly when I buy these things I dont expect them to last for 8 yrs. Most people dont have cars that long.

Have to admit I the naga does feel mediocre quality.... I think its because its very lite. But I've used mine a lot for the past 6 months and it looks almost new. Honestly when I buy these things I dont expect them to last for 8 yrs. Most people dont have cars that long.

well that's the problem with their products, though. they specifically cater to gamers, and since they look so 'stylish' people don't expect quality.

Logitec is just far superiour in regards to quality. look inside your mouse and you will know why so many people have 'the double click problem' with their naga after just a few months. yes, not everyone has these problems, but not everyone died from pestilence either. maybe a computer mouse doesn't always last 8 years, but it should definitely not start to fall apart after 4-6 months, especially not when it's a pricey one (I paid about 30€ for my Fireglider 2 years ago and while it doesn't exactly look unused it's still very much just as easy to handle as on the first day)

I've had a Naga for about 8 months and given the amount of abuse it has taken, I'm pretty happy with the durability. I expected the buttons to see wear and tear and maybe lose some of the initial responsiveness. Nope. All good.

In fact, I just bought another one for another PC. This time I went with the Naga Epic. So far... absolutely awesome.

I use logitech EVERYTHING (mouse, speakers, keyboard, headset, joystick, gamepad - for both my machines), and I too definitely say the G700 is the way to go. Just the ability to plug it in on the fly when the battery is low makes it worth it!

I agree with the mouse and keyboard. Go with logitec. The other stuff, I would keep shopping. I wasn't impressed with the quality of their headsets. Had a G35 and it was heavy, uncomfortable, and broke after a year. When I went to the store to find a replacement there was someone there doing the same thing for the same reason. I don't have any recommendations for the other peripherals, but I definitely endorse the mouse and keyboards they make.

I replaced the g35 with a turtle beach headset, one of thier cheaper modles. The sound quality is about the same as the expensive g35. Thier top of the line headset costs less than the g35 and is ranked higher in quality, especially in the sound department. Turtle beach only makes soundcards and headsets. The specialize in sound. The g35 is ranked lower than many other headsets out there. I bought it because I was like the person I quoted. I thought I couldn't go wrong with logitec products. Headsets are not their strong area though it seems.

Edited by Pcolapat