Top Ten Reasons YOU play SWTOR? Top five reasons you quit?

dankat

Top 5 reasons why I quit.

1. Game was better at release than it is now.

2. No open world PvP campaign. (amazing)

3. No rated wzs.

4. EA BW refuses to merge servers. (already 4 months too late)

5. MAIN REASON - After playing GW2 alpha and beta, I have zero interest in swtor. Zero.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only 1 reason I quit;

Server died. I couldn't do flashpoints/operations any more, PVP was impossible. I tried to reroll on another server but simply got frustrated with starting completely over from scratch.

If they merge servers I might come back. However, at the rate they are going with releasing content or any solid information I will have lost all interest in coming back all together.

Top 10:

1. I have friends to chat with

2. I wanna see all story lines

3.The game has good idea

4. Diablo 3 - bad , bad , bad

5. Nothing else to play

Top 5:

1. I play MMO games for the PvP, dont like running Flashpoints all day.

2. NO PvP

3. NO PvP

4. NO PvP

5. NO PvP

Oh so very wrong.

Please tell me how I am? use spoilers to mention specifics please. Out of the stories that I have seen there weren't any choices that really mattered I still wound up with same outcome.

Edited by USMCjv

Reasons I play(ed):

1 - I love Star Wars

2 - I love(d) Bioware

3 - I genuinely enjoyed the betas and the first few months of the game

Reasons I quit:

1 - Lack of things to keep me interested - I understand the game is new, but that didn't change anything in my mind...

2 - End game feels like it wasn't created to "last" - When the game originally came out, my guild (having never done flashpoints and wearing mostly 40-45 questing gear) had cleared the entire Eternity Vault raid on Hard Mode, and its not like we no life'd gear or something of that sort, we played/leveled normally and what we had about 2 weeks in decided to give the raid a try, we one shotted most everything in one night of raiding. From then on there was no point to do flashpoints (I still wanted to do them, but my guild didn't and my server was empty from about a month in onwards).

3 - PvP got stale quickly... It was ok for a while (got to 58 valor legit, never been to Ilum PvP area), but my friends have all quit this game and PvP just isn't fun alone. Not to mention that PvP was/is still just a constant grind... Back in the beginning it was a grind to "maybe" get a piece of gear, now it is just a normal grind, and not even enjoyable when you continually get grouped with individuals on your team and groups on the other and get demolished game after game.

4 - Lack of variation when leveling characters... I had a blast leveling my trooper, but leveling my Jedi Knight or my smuggler it just gets repetitive and I skip almost every conversation apart from class quests and a few planet story quests...

I don't know, I really enjoyed this game early, I ignored bugs, persisted months, but without my friends to play with it just isn't fun and they aren't coming back...

My main reason for staying is Hope. I Hope they implement all the things I want lol.

Although I do still like the game.

PvP

Datacrons

Codex

Exploring

Story

Mainly only do warzones now though as most of my guild has moved on.

Patch1.4 A new hope...lmao

anyway top 10

1. Starwars Fanboy loved the universe all my life.

2.Possibilities for content in a rich enviroment such as Star Wars

3.Rich interactive storylines and the choices have real consequences.

4.Companions a great idea for the soloers

5.Crafting system (although broken at end game)

6.Legacy idea and storyline need more concepts with the family tree.

7.Speederbikes and Light Sabers

8.Gear love the customizable gear the Orange gear is a great idea.

9.The world event was very cool with the News casts and outbreak.

10.Bonuses for all aspects of the game i.e Social, Piloting, PvP, PvE, Affection.

Top 5 That makes me wana quit

1.Low Population due to BW not listening to the outcries of players. Threads get erased for complaining....let them vent.

2.PvP balance come on tired of CCed to death and my own abilities not working like force pull.

3.Not Keeping up with the Jones I know the game is new and all but there are some great ideas out there use em.

4.Too many servers. with less servers then the low population will be fixed. Please allow guild transfers we spent alot of credits for our guild bank. or atleast let us rebuild what we have when you transfer.

5.No communication between BW devs and the players let us know what your doing and not "we are working on it" let us know what exactly your working on details players love details!

Still playing.

1) The story (especially the voice acting) makes me want to keep pushing through, as I'm enjoying all eight stories roughly at the same time.

2) Legacy unlocks. Having long-term unlocking goals is an incentive to keep playing, especially when I'm enjoying the process. I wish they were cheaper, but ho hum.

3) I really enjoy the game, especially with upcoming improvements, even without a firm time table.

4) I'm fortunate enough to be on a server that hasn't quite yet died (EU RP PvE, The Progenitor), though I would like to be given the option to move to a more popular server (EU PvE, The Red Eclipse) when character transfers come through.

5) Crafting is quite enjoyable for me, especially as I'm gradually becoming self-sufficient as my characters level up and share resources.

I can't really give more reasons than that, as that encompasses what I really enjoy about the game.

That said, I am really waiting on:

1) Cheaper legacy costs or easier ways to make more money prior to level 50.

2) More character slots per server (at least up to sixteen).

3) The ability to rename characters and legacies.

4) Same gender relationship arcs and same gender flirting.

5) More legacy options in general (including more ways to link characters together and ability to add companions too).

6) Hood toggle (for characters and companions) and hide companion head slot.

7) Toggle for voice distortion effect for characters and companions.

8) Expanded colour unification (e.g., choose the colour/hue to unify to) and colour unify for companions.

9) Ability to change character appearance in-game after creation (e.g., barber shop, cosmetic surgeon etc.)

10) More character customisation in general.

In short, I am really enjoying the game, but I am eagerly awaiting many things in this game in the coming major updates.

Reasons Why I Played:

• Lore - I'm a fan of Knights of the Old Republic.
  • Environment - Everything that builds off of KotOR 1 and 2.
  • Quest Dialogue - It's nice to play a game with good voice acting.
  • Huttball
  • Flashpoints - Temporarily fun.

Reasons Why I Quit:

• Bugs - Too many game-crippling bugs that remain unfixed far too long.
  • Game Client - A resource hog with bad graphics and abysmal loading times.
  • Lack of "Outdoor PvP" - Ilum was a last-minute effort that failed.
  • Raiding and PvP Grind - Done all wrong.
  • Dead Servers - Server transfers and/or merges needed to happen last March.

I wish KotOR 3 didn't become an MMO.

Edited by Lenny

Reasons I played this game / I will may continue playing (once transfers roll out):

1. It's a science fiction theme and not one of these orc or elve themed MMO.

2. Great class design. Alot of those classes differ from other archetypes i got used to in other MMOs which is kind of refreshing.

3. Great balance. Never actually have seen a game this balanced right from the start and I probably will never see it again (even tho some classes still could use some rebalance).

4. PvP (atleast when there still is some PvP, which is getting more and more difficult due to low server population). I really enjoy it tho there are some point's i might want to change (resolve, amount of CC in the game).

5. Nicely designed PvE. Even tho it could be more difficult.

6. My ingame friends. Really hate to leave them behind.

7. Great storylines and even tho dialogues get old after the first time, I like them too.

8. No real alternative MMO.

9. Progress. I still have items to farm for.

10. It's Star Wars.

Top five reasons I quit:

1. Population decrease. I once switched my server from a dying one to the most populated PvP server, but now this one is about to die too.

2. Lack of action from Bioware regarding server transfers so far.

This are my main reasons, but if I was to name some more it would be:

3. Whiny community. Not all of them but the most part.

4. Resolve system and the immense amount of CC ingame.

5. GW2 is about to come.

^ Perhaps the best post I have seen in a long time. Shows both sides of the argument well without being fanboish or a rabid hater. Amen to you brother, amen to you :rak_03:

I like playing the game.

I visit forums for some /facepalms and laughs and will continue playing.

You can X 10 here if you want.

No X 5's to cause me to quit as I stated I am going to keep playing.

May the Force be with you, and may you find what you desire and actually be happy with it. :)

1. Sci Fi - i like the animations and character design as opposed to fantasy crap

2. Not a die hard star wars guy, only seen the flicks but I dig the lore

3. in game friends

4. pvp is fun though too much cc stuff

5. raiding is fun though too easy

6. no clue

---

1. I am forced to level characters on the fatman if I want to play

2. My server has been dead for 3 months, worse now that diablo 3 is out.

3. I cancelled because 1.3 and transfers will not be out until the end of June (IMO)

4. Max fleet count is now around 23, but normally 9ish. GL pvp'n

5. Five 50's, legacy 50 - yet i can't do a damn thing with them

6. SERVERS ARE DEAD

7. Transfers are taking too long to come.

Love.

1. The Sci-Fi atmosphere is a great change from all the cookie cutter MMOs.

2. Love Star Wars and have enjoyed Bioware's games in the past.

Hate.

1. Being told SOON.

2. the slow development cycle.

3. Even with the legacy system not much replay value in alternate classes and their specializations.

4. No real incentives to be in a guild.

Why I quit.

1. Bioware/EA/Mythic or whoever is behind this game is starting to remind me of SOE. They absolutely have no idea what to do with SWTOR. Tatoonie without a Krayt dragon? come on now...

2. SWTOR's PvP is pretty fun but the maps are dull and boring. And the thought of having a large map for pvp is nothing but a pipe dream.

3. SWTOR's planets are lifeless, boring and extremely dull. You actually need a group of friends to play this game with. That way you don't get bored. Soloing in SWTOR put me to sleep.

4. The worlds aren't 100% open for exploration.

5. 1.3 patch is pointless.

The next thing you'll be hearing is that Bioware is going to release NGE for SWTOR....

Edited by kuromeru

Although I only average a few hrs a month, due to my preference of console gaming, my reasons for keeping a sub would be as such...

Cause I am a legend in my own mind, and you would do well to remember so. Errr did I just say that out loud?

Seriously, there are 2 reasons.....SW + BW.

I grew up on SWs, as I was born in 68. Have always enjoyed the lore. Since Baldurs Gate, BW has been producing my favorite games. Thus it is worth keeping a sub, even if I hardly play. My characters are there for when the mood strikes me.

If you would ask what I specifically like about BW.....the characters you interact with during the course of an adventure. If I had to name a favorite I would be hard pressed. I would probably go with one of Varric, Garrus, Liara, Tali, Miranda, Wrex, Bastilla, Minsc, Viconia, Isabella, Bastilla, or that corrupted female pali from NWN.

IMO, those characters are the epitome of what BW brings to the table., and why I will continue to play the RPGs they make.

ACK EDIT.....How could I forget my own sig pic......HK-47. Might as well throw in Jack while I got the edit function going as well.

Edited by Moaky

I love so much about the game...more than 10 things. I will be quitting for 1 reason:

Peak hours: Fleet has less than 30 people on.

New character areas: Under FIVE players on in peak

Bioware solution: Character transfers...that's it...how long do they expect everyone to wait for a return to a bustling community.

It's awful to never see a planet with more than 10 people around at peak. 2 hour pvp waits and good luck finding a group for a HM. Mind you...I must re-iterate, at peak times, my server is this dead. It even shows up as "light" pop in peak now. Sever transfers are not the solution, they are a band-aid on the dam.

How can Bioware do so much right and not have a god strategic, open plan with their fans. It's really a shame.

Edited by Nomakk

Why I quit.

1. Bioware/EA/Mythic or whoever is behind this game is starting to remind me of SOE. They absolutely have no idea what to do with SWTOR. Tatoonie without a Krayt dragon? come on now...

2. SWTOR's PvP is pretty fun but the maps are dull and boring. And the thought of having a large map for pvp is nothing but a pipe dream.

3. SWTOR's planets besides are lifeless, boring and extremely dull. You actually need a group of friends to play this game with. That way you don't get bored. Soloing in SWTOR put me to sleep.

4. The worlds aren't 100% open for exploration.

5. 1.3 patch is pointless.

The next thing you'll be hearing is that Bioware is going to release NGE for SWTOR....

We get Krayt Dragon Skeletons!!! OMGOSH! Now Im not a guru, correct me if I'm wrong... SWG was set AFTER SWTOR in the timeline, and we had Krayt Dragons to get pearls from...

SWTOR ... all the krayts are long gone and dead?? but hang on isnt this meant to be before SWG time line? so shbouldnt Tatooine be seething with Krayts? not ancient skeletons?

I play SWTOR because it's a new version of a Bioware RPG and I can't go back to DA:O where the animations and expressions are a zillion times worse :<.

I like making different sorts of characters, and those characters each have vastly different dialogue to each other. Although I would rather the Smuggler and Bounty Hunter to have the ability to remain neutral in the war, if I were a Smuggler I would trade with both Republic and Empire so I get as much money as I could :D.

The community on my server (PVP Oceanic I forget the name :<) is pretty good :).

Although the writing is bad in places of the story it's quite good overall. Except the parts where the writers want to put a twist in there and they don't let you question that twist at all :< "There can be no mistake!" ~ Professor Farnsworth, Futurama.

As for the gameplay, I'm waiting for the LFD to come out so I can look for flashpoint groups as I quest. Currently I'm hating how the set up for it is now :<, I don't like waiting in a city going "LFG" :<.

Level 50 things are a bit boring if you've just hit 50 and you don't know anything about any flashpoints that open up at 50 :<. People don't tell you anything and the community fails in this aspect.

However this isn't a failing of the game, this is a failing of the community playing the game.

But I think there are a lot more good points about SWTOR than there are bad. So that's why I play :).

Top Ten for playing pre-1.2.

1 Great pvp balance, all roles felt fun, TTK wasn't too bad and classes felt like they both worked well in a group and all had solo potential.

2 PvP matches were coming fast, 5 min waits tops, so if I had an hour to play, I could spend that hour doing 3-4 matches

3 Great storyline, lots of replay value and fun levelling process compared to every other mmo I've played- the story/cinematic value really made a huge difference when levelling up characters- and while after 2 or 3 it started to feel staler, at least I was able to get a few playthroughs that were fun- and the story missions and seeing the other side was great for a play too.

4 Good pve in general- nothing exceptional, but enjoyable flashpoints and operations that one could just hop into with a group rather than having to spend months farming just to be ready.

5 Casual friendly- everything's in reach for people without too much time on their hands, gear is not such a huge deal that the pieces outside of reach (BM at the time) are so much better than the next (Champ) that a champ character is useless to a BM one

6 Variety- there's a good amount to do for a launch- space combat, lots of different locals to quest in, world pvp (though not the best it was there and was fun with two large groups bashing each other)

7 Graphics- the game looks pretty, the way the gear moves and the scenery is crafted, the choice in customizing gear sets (at least before endgame) with whatever you wanted to look like was a great building block for the future (such as 1.3 when all oranges can just get modded)

8 Good use of skills- I'd gotten way to used to WoW where half the classes you ended up doing a 2-5 button rotation no matter what in all situations- here though, I had a bar of a dozen skills and used them all, though at times it did feel a bit bloated.

9 Smooth launch- it wasn't perfect or bug free, but between it and most of the launches I've been to, including WoW's (and now D3's), it's one of the best ones.

10 Content updates- they come faster than most other games, and as far as pve goes I've seen nothing to be disappointed in.

Now, for why I quit- a decision made after 1.2

1 Perhaps the most poorly balanced game out there- some classes dominate, TTK has become way too short, and both group play and solo play have been hit hard for many classes

2 PvP doesn't happen- no more world pvp, and since 1.2 queues have gone from 5 minutes max to 30 minutes minimum during prime time- instead of playing 3-4 games in an hour, I'll get one... and it'll likely be 8v4.

3 Casuals are being thrown to the curb- with rated being for premades so the organized players will also be the best geared players, even more so than before.

4 Too slow to release measures to counter massive problems- not including class balance, we have near empty servers, pvp queues that never pop and pug pve has almost vanished from all but a few large servers like Fatman.

5 They aren't talking to us- they aren't explaining either their reasoning for decisions that most consider to be monumentally awful, or what they're going to do about the glaring issues. At one point I could have said 'they have a plan and aren't spoiling it for us', but after almost half a year of them clearly not having plans, or at least, not good ones- I and most others want to hear what they're thinking, because even some of the people that others were calling 'biodrones' and 'fanbois' whenever they posted pre'launch or in the month or two after launch are now slamming the game and are disgusted by it.

I understand that a company may have to shift a bit when they make a new product like an mmo- and that this may anger long time fans- but that's usually done in the sake of profit and getting more people into the game. I can honestly understand greed at the cost of quality... but SWTOR is showing dwindling quality that BW fans love AND not going a greedy root that's getting them a bigger fanbase, and it's starting to look scarily like WAR.

1. Game crippling bugs

2. Nonsensical cut-and-paste responses from the CSRs

3. Long wait times for in-game support

4. Game crippling bugs

5. Too many load screens, absolutely NO feeling of immersion in the SW Universe.

1. Game crippling bugs

2. Nonsensical cut-and-paste responses from the CSRs

3. Long wait times for in-game support

4. Game crippling bugs

5. Too many load screens, absolutely NO feeling of immersion in the SW Universe.

1. There are not and have never really been game crippling bugs. Oh no, my eyes are silver!

2. Okay, but they are trying to advertise their game, not downplay it. They want to keep you in suspense and hype.

3. Hour long wait for me. Not terribly long.

4. Said that before ^

5. To many loading screens, yes, but the immersion in this game is what it's been praised for...

I've been playing since closed beta, but I'm one of the growing group of people became disillusioned by the game and the direction it's headed.

Top Reasons I Played:

1. Star Wars. I've been a fan of the universe for as long as I can remember. I'm a former trooper of the 501st Legion, Mountain Garrison (Palpatine at CIII); I have a collection of comics, books, action figures, starships and toys, autographs, and even those really horrid blue bed sheets from the 80s. The name Star Wars was enough to grab my attention and it was the driving factor for me being here.

2. Old Republic. The KOTOR games were fantastic--in no small part due to the very interesting era they chose to flesh out. Who would have thought that a game set thousands and thousands of years before the beloved films would be so successful and entertaining? I certainly didn't, but after playing the first game, I was hooked.

3. The Chiss. I remember playing TIE Fighter back in the day and being so enamored by Thrawn. He was such an interesting character and being introduced to him spawned my comic and book collections, my first Star Wars action figure left in the original packaging, and my first Star Wars costume--that glistening white uniform of his. When it was announced that Chiss would be playable, I nearly wet myself.

4. Storytelling. I'm a big RPG buff. I played table-top games just about every night of my college career and was even president of the campus RPG guild for a year. Storytelling is a passion and a hobby--especially for an escapist like me. MMOs have always been lite on story, preferring instead to focus on gameplay. SWTOR was supposed to be different; a fun game that played well, but brought story back into the experience. For the most part my expectations were met, but by the third romp through Dromund Kaas, I was starting to see cracks in the veneer that told me that an MMO cannot be carried solely by story.

5. Locations. Despite the game not featuring Dantooine (yet), I was largely impressed by the selection of planets. Most of all, I was shocked by the announcement that we would get to explore Coruscant. Add Nar Shaddaa, Hutta, Hoth, and Korriban to the list and suddenly you find yourself exploring locations that are so integral to the Star Wars story--but thousands of years before they become famous or infamous! It's really exciting to think about that while watching the movies or reading the books, and you start to realize that your story was told there long before whats-his-face showed up.

6. BioWare. I've been a fan of BioWare since I first played Mass Effect 2 (I was introduced to these games late). I was struck by the beauty of the environments and the depth of the story. The promise of that kind of experience, but in an MMO, was too much to pass up.

7. Lack of other "good" MMOs. Let's face it, there isn't much on the market if you're looking for a Grade A experience. Too many MMOs are watered down experiences with tired and outdated gameplay. SWTOR was supposed to be a refreshing jolt to the genre.

Top 5 Reasons I Quit (June 20):

1. Lack of roleplaying support. The game lacks many of the fundamental tools requested by roleplayers and there doesn't seem to be much willingness on the team to get them out to us. This includes chat bubbles, chairs you can sit in, a biography page to share details about your character, and a more substantial collection of animated (and voiced) emotes to spice up play. Instead, the team fed us a family tree that can't be shared with anyone, lacks support for more than one relationship per character, and took away time that could have been better spent on chat bubbles (I'm assuming they both belong to the UI category). We're constantly told that the team has roleplayers in mind, but I'm unconvinced. They know what kind of game they want to make, but sadly that game isn't very roleplay-friendly.

2. Tired gameplay. SWTOR plays like it's ten years old. I played WoW for a week (a free-trial) and through that experience plus the word on the forum, it very much feels like BioWare thought they could beat WoW by being WoW. Of course we all know that's not the case, but the team really seems set on this.

3. Lack of community. I don't feel like I'm part of something here. This as opposed to GW2, which already has a very strong community (both roleplay and general) which is fostered personally by the developers. BioWare doesn't seem involved--at all--in spawning any semblance of community here for SWTOR. I'm lead to believe this is changing with the recent lay-off of Mr. Reid, but talk is cheap. I'll believe it when I see it.

4. Stagnant worlds. The game feels dead--a sentiment shared by many on this forum. This isn't a result of declining population, but rather the decision by the developers to give us corridors--instead of planets--with unmoving NPCs, static times of day, and almost zero dynamism. BioWare really needs to revisit their world building and get with the program.

5. No discernible direction for the game. The team is silent. I'm told they were too sensitive for the forums and didn't like the criticism they were getting. I'm out of tissues, otherwise I'd offer BioWare some. Boo hoo. My problem is that there's no public plan for the direction of the game--no road map that gives players an idea of where they want to go. This feeling is made worse by the very schizophrenic decisions by the developers (Illum, ranked PvP, guild support, the GTN) which gives the impression that BioWare doesn't have a clue where they want this game to go. Focus, tell the fans what you're thinking, and do it.