Top Ten Reasons YOU play SWTOR? Top five reasons you quit?

dankat

Good Points.

1. Guild community- Its fantastic as it has been in every game I've played with this Guild- (The White Wolves)

2. Lore- Star Wars, I've been hooked since I was a kid

3. Ops- Im loving the ops, and the grinding of gear.

4. Level 50 content- Shock horror. Im finding there is a lot to do, ops, pvp, world bosses.

5. Level 10-50 PVP, Loving this on my alts.

6. Story- Jedi Knight story was great, looking forward to seeing others

7. Combat- So fluid and solid. Played TSW this weekend at it just felt clunky and samey in comparison.

8. Music- Doesnt get better than some John Williams numbers

9. Light Saber- HUUMMMMMMMMM CRASH HUUUUUMMMM

10. Potential- This game has huge potential and i'm excited about the future. If they churn out content and events like they are doing i'm a happy bunny. Roll on some open world space too!

Bad Points.

1.Server pop which they are obviously sorting, fingers crossed for Hidden Beks today.

2. Sound Bug, ANNOYING!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top reasons Im still playing:

1) My sub is not ended yet. After that, it's likely I wont be playing anymore

2) The stories and the way quests are given (dialogues, voice acting)

3) the universe/lore

4) Star Wars

5) Classes

Reasons why Ill quit soon:

1) EA/BW breaking promises, one after another: feeling of a unique adventure (what happened to "You'll never have to kill the same NPC as thousand others"), character transfer from and to any server to compensate for the queues at launch, customisation, influence on the universe (seriously... we're supposed to "leave our mark in th galaxy", yet nothing we do has any meaning or consequence...)..

2) That "one man army" feel. It's just ridiculous sometimes... You feel like the Republic/Empire is filled with morons, since even your toon lvl 1 can "save the day" where seasoned soldiers just get slaughtered...

3) Probably the worst customer service in the world. Sorry, but copy/pasting pre=formatted answer depending on a couple keywords is NOT a customer service. Just give us access to the DB and we'll do that ourselves...

4) PVP: limited to BG's (at least when you're not lvl 50...and even so... open pvp is barely existing), and there are just too few BG's to be fun...

5) No real influence. You can be the worst sadistic monster and still be a jedi knight... It has no influence, in the end. This is a general issue in BW's games... In Mass Effect, you can choose paragon or renegade, the NPC will still justify your choice and claim you're a great guy...

6) Linked to 5: no possibility to change faction.

7) No possibility to change advanced class. If your ealise you don't like the class you chose, in the end, you can only reroll... Thats a pity...

8) Planet design. Honestly, apart from a couple planets (Hutta, Voss, ...) I dsilike most planets... They lack... caracter... or personnality...

1) Entertaining (& often comedic) voice acted player/questgiver dialogue.

2) Interactive quest/plot decision trees that help shape my character's story and companion roster.

3) Gearing up an evolving stable of combat-ready crafting companions, plus every character has them.

4) The challenge of advancing through level-appropriate 4 player group content with 2 players + companions, or 8 player story mode content with 4 players + companions.

5) Fun & balanced heroics & flashpoints.

6) Huttball (reminds me of Unreal Tournament matches.)

7) 1.2's customizable UI (BW hit a home run with this one.)

8) Legacy perks & unlocks (just wish the Heroic Moment CD was shorter though.)

9) Orange custom gear that is upgradeable through level 50 HMs.

10) Old school tanking mechanics (gimmie 1 taunt, 1 aggro bomb, 1 stun, 1 CC breaker & 1 interrupt and I'm g2g.)

10a) Force Leap + Force Sweep & Force Charge + Smash combos never get old.

11+) Bioware fixes stuff.

Out of curiosity, why only 5 reasons for quitters while players need 10? Why not an equal and unbiased yardstick?

Edited by GalacticKegger

• 3 weeks later...
1) Entertaining (& often comedic) voice acted player/questgiver dialogue.

2) Interactive quest/plot decision trees that help shape my character's story and companion roster.

3) Gearing up an evolving stable of combat-ready crafting companions, plus every character has them.

4) The challenge of advancing through level-appropriate 4 player group content with 2 players + companions, or 8 player story mode content with 4 players + companions.

5) Fun & balanced heroics & flashpoints.

6) Huttball (reminds me of Unreal Tournament matches.)

7) 1.2's customizable UI (BW hit a home run with this one.)

8) Legacy perks & unlocks (just wish the Heroic Moment CD was shorter though.)

9) Orange custom gear that is upgradeable through level 50 HMs.

10) Old school tanking mechanics (gimmie 1 taunt, 1 aggro bomb, 1 stun, 1 CC breaker & 1 interrupt and I'm g2g.)

10a) Force Leap + Force Sweep & Force Charge + Smash combos never get old.

11+) Bioware fixes stuff.

Out of curiosity, why only 5 reasons for quitters while players need 10? Why not an equal and unbiased yardstick?

Eh, tried to dumb down the Negative Nate that would appear in this forum.

"- Overall Presentation of the Star Wars Universe. If there is but one thing this game does right, it is capturing the Star Wars feel. Great, massive and diverse world, interesting (though cliche) characters, tons of lore to explore and a real sense of galactic conflict. Its a personalized Star Wars saga with the class stories and world arc and RPG style lore, but at the end of the day you can join with friends and have fun in a perilous, exciting flashpoints and operations, or bashing some heads in some fully voice acted warzones"

See, I couldn't disagree more.

It doesn't feel like I'm in the star wars universe at all. I have fun playing the game, don't get me wrong, but one of my biggest complaints about it, is I don't get drawn into the game. I never forget I'm in a game, unlike other games I've played.

In WoW, at times I really thought I was in Azeroth. This is just one example out of all the mmos I've played.

That doesn't happen here. I have fun questing and all, but I never really feel like I'm in the star wars universe, or should I say galaxy?

Maybe for noobs to mmo gaming, you might be fooled by their presentation. but I'm experienced with mmos, the immersion is very low in it.

I'm not a roleplayer either, and this is still my main complaint.

My other complaint is Ilum. The way the developers slowly removed quests, to get us to avoid it, is insulting. It's like they thought we were dumb enough to forget the disaster that was known as Ilum. They were probably right. I feel like the majority of players truly did forget about it.

I didn't list any positives because they've been covered already.

Edited by Synxos