Resolve Redux

Phlem

It's time to fix this once and for all. Two stuns should completely fill up the resolve bar and make you immune to future stuns until the resolve bar is no longer full.

The other day I was PvP'ing and in a matter of mere seconds (less then 30) I was stunned 3 times. It went something like this. Stun, wait for it to wear off, attack for 0.5 seconds, stunned, wait for it to wear off, attack for 0.5 seconds, stun again, attack for 0.5 seconds and die. Keep in mind the only reason I lived long enough to make it to the third stun was because I was getting healed.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's time to fix this once and for all. Two stuns should completely fill up the resolve bar and make you immune to future stuns until the resolve bar is no longer full.

The other day I was PvP'ing and in a matter of mere seconds (less then 30) I was stunned 3 times. It went something like this. Stun, wait for it to wear off, attack for 0.5 seconds, stunned, wait for it to wear off, attack for 0.5 seconds, stun again, attack for 0.5 seconds and die. Keep in mind the only reason I lived long enough to make it to the third stun was because I was getting healed.

Stun = 800 Resolve

Wait 4 Seconds = 800 Resolve (No Purple Decay during Stun)

Wait 0.5 Seconds = 800 Resolve (25/second decay needs 1 full second to tick)

Stun = 2000 Resolve (800 plus 800 for second stun plus 400 for exceeding 999 Resolve)

Wait 4 Seconds = 1600 Resolve (100/second decay starts immediately)

Here is where your story leaves reality and enters the realm of fabricated fantasy.

You claim that you are Stunned here after 0.5 seconds, however you still have 16 seconds of Resolve Immunity which means you couldn't have been stunned again. Additionally, 3 consecutive stuns (which is impossible) would require 3 hostiles who are coordinating their stuns against you meaning that you are using an example of 3v1.

Edited by Darth_Philar

How about just a good old ON or OFF. Screw values per 'stun', 'root', 'dizzy', 'twirl', 'rofl', 'pull', 'push', 'freeze' or 'knockback'...I really don't give a **edit** what the CC is called, there are just WAY too freaking many! They ALL blow equally! The idea that we need stop watches and scientific calculators to figure out the current **edit**ing system is beyond stupid!

Bioware...CC's suck! Not having any control over my toon while I watch people plant bombs, flip turrets or whatever, is NOT FUN!!!! Tell your "entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player - some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team", that there's WAY too flipping much CC right now and that alone is killing PvP and subs. Stop being foolish!

L2P?

Bugs aside Resolve is a pretty amazing system and coordinating stuns, mezzes and snares is called skill. My only problem with the resolve system is when newbs spam their stuns at mid in huttball and give the carrier a full resolve bar. L2snare.

! The idea that we need stop watches and scientific calculators to figure out the current **edit**ing system is beyond stupid!

This is exactly right. Resolve is by far and away in my opinion the worst form of cc immunity I have ever played under.

I live ping pong ball stun wars.

In all honesty, given the amount of stuns to required to fill your resolve bar, you should be okay. However, most players aren't chain stunned. There's usually a second or two in between, as the stuns are being served up from multiple enemies. The net result is that the dwell period between stuns, lowers the resolve bar, allowing you to take more CC and resolve being of lesser value.

Either way, chances are you're gonna die.

The resolve bar isn't the greatest system, you have to look at it from a design prospective. It's essentially a band-aid on a really crappy class design.

Now...back to knock-back, pull, root, stun, slow wars.

This is exactly right. Resolve is by far and away in my opinion the worst form of cc immunity I have ever played under.

Because it requires a modicum of intelligence to use properly, or because it is statistically superior to any other form of DR?

This is why people should ignore you.

Just basically told the community you're one of the baddies who doesn't do anything objective based.

That's not what he said, that's not what was alluded to. You're dumb.

This is why people should ignore you.

Just basically told the community you're one of the baddies who doesn't do anything objective based.

No. I said having no control over my toon is NO FUN! You even highlighted that part of my reply. How did you miss it?

Are you trying to tell me that CC is part of some larger "strategy" that I'm missing the fun in?! How is me not being able to stop someone from planting a bomb because I'm CCd to death equal me not doing the objectives?!

In all honesty, given the amount of stuns to required to fill your resolve bar, you should be okay. However, most players aren't chain stunned. There's usually a second or two in between, as the stuns are being served up from multiple enemies. The net result is that the dwell period between stuns, lowers the resolve bar, allowing you to take more CC and resolve being of lesser value.

2 Stuns are required to fill your resolve bar unless 25 seconds are allowed to transpire between stuns. A second or two will have no meaningful impact as that will be 25-50 Resolve Decay.

The huge gap between people that understand the resolve system and people that don't is just amazing to me. 90% of the time if you use your stun breaker when you resolve bar isn't already full you're doing it wrong. If you use your stun break at the right time you can use the CC proof state of your resolve to dominate those guys that are stealing your door while you're stunned. It isn't their fault you blew your stun breaker too soon.

I think the bigger issue is the issue on understanding how you get resolve on you, it can only happen from these situations:-

Mez - All your abilities are locked but you can break out of this if your ability to do so is up, If hit you are released from the lock, generally lasts 8s, though the Operative one lasts 10s but you will notice the operative one fills the entire resolve bar whereas the 8s one does not (Why? well think about the time it takes to cap a node etc).

Stun - All your abilities are locked but you can break out of this if your ability to do so is up

Breakable Stun - A stun but any attack from a hostile will break you from it so you can clear it with the ability to break stuns, but not really the best idea.

Knocked Down - Can not break from this and completely immune for the duration

Knock Back - Not a stun/lock of any sort but you can be knocked a distance back or off an edge etc

Pulled - Again, not a stun/lock but you are pulled to the target.

Now I know I can lock down a target for 16s with 2x Mez if we both are out of combat and the enemies ability to break out of it is down, but that is as stated completely based on both parties being out of combat, so not the best, but used correctly very helpful.

I can effectively lock down a target in-combat for 10-12s if no one else is hitting it with a variety of skills and my force cloak being available BUT 4s of that means I can not hit them and they have no CC break up, after the 10 (max 12s) they will have resolve.

The bigger problem is how roots do not effect resolve in any way, slows I agree are a different matter but roots should apply to them and also the ratio of going full resolve - none, I have to see a valid pattern on why sometimes I instantly start ticking down and sometimes hold a few seconds.

I think they need to add extra resolve points to each ability, right now the AOE stuns are a pain and also how you can easily be totally locked for 8s in combat while taking full damage.

How about they did it that ANY CC = inc damage reduction buff.

I think the bigger issue is the issue on understanding how you get resolve on you

No. It's not that. People understand it, "I" understand it...I just HATE it! It's not a fight, it's not strategy, it simply becomes a matter of who has their CC breaker ready and who doesn't.

The huge gap between people that understand the resolve system and people that don't is just amazing to me. 90% of the time if you use your stun breaker when you resolve bar isn't already full you're doing it wrong. If you use your stun break at the right time you can use the CC proof state of your resolve to dominate those guys that are stealing your door while you're stunned. It isn't their fault you blew your stun breaker too soon.

The huge gap between people who think they have some higher understanding of the game and WHY resolve is good, vs those of us who think it's a joke, amazes me!

Sometimes there's no choice but to blow it too soon...you act like people spam it at random times. It wouldn't do my team much good if I just sit there and 'rofl' or 'freeze' while the enemy plants a bomb would it? Why would saving my CC break for AFTER the plant be a better idea?

Resolve sucks, the number of CCs in this game is frustratingly high (2-3 per class+crafted) and it NEEDS to change.

I prefer Resolve over diminishing returns and i hope the amount of CC stays as it is.

Why? Why do you want it to stay as it is? Serious question because I don't get it....

You prefer a system that players find unfun, to something that would be less frustrating and a bit clearer on what it does and when? Players who find something "unfun", tend to unsub. Resolve/CCs, cause more angst and frustration than they're worth.

The strategy of when to use your stuns and when to use your stun break and when to add resolve vs when to snare are fun and interesting to people that like depth in their PvP interactions.

A system with no CC at all is a boring DPS race that becomes ENTIRELY gear dependent. If that is what you want go do PvE and enjoy bosses with enrage timers.

No. I said having no control over my toon is NO FUN! You even highlighted that part of my reply. How did you miss it?

Are you trying to tell me that CC is part of some larger "strategy" that I'm missing the fun in?! How is me not being able to stop someone from planting a bomb because I'm CCd to death equal me not doing the objectives?!

If you were doing objectives you wouldn't be posting the nonsense you've posted.

Edited by Yeochins

If you were doing objectives you wouldn't be posting the nonsense you've posted.

Ooooh....just insult me again! You're starting to hurt my feelings calling me names....

Since you're so smart, explain what the hell you mean. Enough with being so cryptic. How the **edit** does "doing an objective" make me immune to CC's or make CC's any more fun?

Are you implying that if I'm defending an objective, I won't get CC'd?! Or...if I was actually going after an objective, I wouldn't?! Or if I were doing anything about an objective, CC's would be "fun"?!

The strategy of when to use your stuns and when to use your stun break and when to add resolve vs when to snare are fun and interesting to people that like depth in their PvP interactions.

A system with no CC at all is a boring DPS race that becomes ENTIRELY gear dependent. If that is what you want go do PvE and enjoy bosses with enrage timers.

I'm not suggesting no CC, but 1/4th what we have is more than enough. A resolve that treats all movement impairing effects equally and a snare 'break' that actually provides some sort of immunity since it's on a 2min cooldown.

I'm not suggesting no CC, but 1/4th what we have is more than enough. A resolve that treats all movement impairing effects equally and a snare 'break' that actually provides some sort of immunity since it's on a 2min cooldown.

If the number of CCs gets reduced, then the Resolve system and CC Break should simply be removed as they would no longer be necessary.

"A resolve that treats all movement impairing effects equally " Would be completely broken in Huttball and Voidstar. In Huttball that would mean that whoever grabs it in the middle is going to score. In Voidstar that means taht as soon as teh door opens you can run unimpeded to the bridge control.

"a snare 'break' that actually provides some sort of immunity " YOU ALREADY HAVE THIS! That is my point. if you are using your stun break correctly you already have 16secs of immunity provided by the resolve system. Unless you really meant a "snare" break and not the movement impairing break that we have now.

A "snare" break that was separate from the current remove all breaker we have would be fine as long as it had a cool down. BUT guess what!? That's already in the game! You're class just doesn't have it.

If the number of CCs gets reduced, then the Resolve system and CC Break should simply be removed as they would no longer be necessary.

I don't follow that logic. I'm trying to reduce the impact CCs have on PvP...if you want them to be the overall deciding factor like they are now, why make any change at all?! I'd rather alter how RESOLVE works tbh. Filled = instant CC break and immunity for the duration. That alone would make a huge difference!

I don't follow that logic. I'm trying to reduce the impact CCs have on PvP...if you want them to be the overall deciding factor like they are now, why make any change at all?! I'd rather alter how RESOLVE works tbh. Filled = instant CC break and immunity for the duration. That alone would make a huge difference!

It would make a huge difference, which means that Resolve would need to be altered so that you had to eat even more CC before it filled up.

Fact is, you need CC in objective-based PvP or else the first team to cap would ALWAYS win since it would be inpossible to counter-cap.

Eliminating or reducing the impact of CC makes sense in a Deathmatch, since those are little more than PvE DPS races against other player's toons.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.