Why is there barly any soundtrack!

Ragsash

WHere is all the soundtrack?!

Theres barly any soundtrack and when its is its when you take your ship and go somewhere ....and ends when you start questing......Its when you start questing you want to hear it! not endless silence...and some blasters in the backround

Its for godsake a star wars game! I dont wanna hear 10 min of soundtrack each hour!

Edited by Ragsash

Not sure what game you are playing. There is music all over.

He's playing THIS game, and since the 1.2 patch, the sound is crap. It goes NEARLY silent. If you haven't experienced it BBP, play with people more. Any group of 8 that's done an Operation since 1.2, HAS HAD THIS HAPPEN! It ALWAYS happens. It never DOESN'T happen.

Bioware knows about this. Bioware claims they've tried to replicate it and can't. Bioware has been given multiple steps on how to reproduce this at will. At this point, I think it's sloppy and extremely lazy development. NPCs no longer move their moths, no voice over sounds, or if there is, it's so random you crap your pants when they do speak.

Use your Heroic moment, that's what I do when I need to add a bit of flash to my fights.

Or, pull 2 or 3 mobs. That also does the trick. I think it's when you pull 2 different 'Strong' enemies. If your game is silent, it's because your doing things too carefully... live a little.

Edited by Lionflash

Yes, with patch 1.2 some music got lost... but I think it get even worse when one plays some time (after a dozen warzones or the the sound is so terrible I have to restart the game), didn't had such issues before 1.2 came along.

He's playing THIS game, and since the 1.2 patch, the sound is crap. It goes NEARLY silent. If you haven't experienced it BBP, play with people more. Any group of 8 that's done an Operation since 1.2, HAS HAD THIS HAPPEN! It ALWAYS happens. It never DOESN'T happen.

Bioware knows about this. Bioware claims they've tried to replicate it and can't. Bioware has been given multiple steps on how to reproduce this at will. At this point, I think it's sloppy and extremely lazy development. NPCs no longer move their moths, no voice over sounds, or if there is, it's so random you crap your pants when they do speak.

I have played plenty and have not noticed this. However, I can tell by your random use of words in caps shows that you have and that you are very srs about the subject. I sympathize with your plight with the soundtrack.

Use your Heroic moment, that's what I do when I need to add a bit of flash to my fights.

Or, pull 2 or 3 mobs. That also does the trick. I think it's when you pull 2 different 'Strong' enemies. If your game is silent, it's because your doing things too carefully... live a little.

Solo player?! I assume you are if you don't know the sound issues that have plagued this game since 1.2. Pulling multiple enemies isn't the problem...group up! Live a little!

Not sure what game you are playing. There is music all over.

This is the most quiet MMo I have ever played. KOTOR relooped the same tracks and it wasstill better then this. Some of the background music is too low key. Hoth has background music but it is so low you barely notice it.

Do what I do everyone, purchase the TRON legacy soundtrack and play it while you play. Daft Punk will give you that sci-fi sound you need.

Do what I do everyone, purchase the TRON legacy soundtrack and play it while you play. Daft Punk will give you that sci-fi sound you need.

Ooo. Not a fan of techno. I don't think I could do that for hours on end.

I have played plenty and have not noticed this. However, I can tell by your random use of words in caps shows that you have and that you are very srs about the subject. I sympathize with your plight with the soundtrack.

It's not just the soundtrack, NPCs no longer talk, their mouths don't even move...and yes, I'm VERY serious (those were not random uses of caps, they were words I was EMPHASIZING!)!!! The sound has been going out for 6 freaking weeks now and Bioware pretends there's no problem.

And I can tell that you've probably not done an operation since 1.2, not done the new FP and probably haven't done multiple warzones. EVERY player I've done any of the above with, since 1.2, has had their sound die...not some, not a few, not most...EVERY PERSON! Usually around the same time, but not always. If you've done any of those activities, you've either gotten extremely lucky or not noticed. Rebooting the game usually helps, maybe you crashed during that time...no matter why you haven't noticed, it's a very real problem.

Solo player?! I assume you are if you don't know the sound issues that have plagued this game since 1.2. Pulling multiple enemies isn't the problem...group up! Live a little!

I would if I could... I would if I could.

It's not just the soundtrack, NPCs no longer talk, their mouths don't even move...and yes, I'm VERY serious (those were not random uses of caps, they were words I was EMPHASIZING!)!!! The sound has been going out for 6 freaking weeks now and Bioware pretends there's no problem.

And I can tell that you've probably not done an operation since 1.2, not done the new FP and probably haven't done multiple warzones. EVERY player I've done any of the above with, since 1.2, has had their sound die...not some, not a few, not most...EVERY PERSON! Usually around the same time, but not always. If you've done any of those activities, you've either gotten extremely lucky or not noticed. Rebooting the game usually helps, maybe you crashed during that time...no matter why you haven't noticed, it's a very real problem.

The only thing I have not done in what you have listed is the new FP.

The music in this game is awesome. It's just that it doesn't loop. I arrive on Balmorra, epic music starts playing, and I am all excited. But after that 2 minutes I spend the next hour questing in utter silence.

I've noticed that this only happens when I'm running vent in the background. If I just play normally, I never have sound issues.

That's why it's so much more prevalent in ops.. most op groups are running vent or teamspeak or the like.

The only thing I have not done in what you have listed is the new FP.

I guess you didn't get very far in the Operations huh? Were you there from the start of it? By the time you kill Toth and Zorn, it has been out for EVERY PERSON I've ever done them with (story and HM). Try the FP, try EC again, then report back. Don't crash during the instance.

I've noticed that this only happens when I'm running vent in the background. If I just play normally, I never have sound issues.

That's why it's so much more prevalent in ops.. most op groups are running vent or teamspeak or the like.

Interesting! That could be a cause.

But...why then, do NPCs not move their mouths for the cut-scenes?! The easiest one to verify this with is the new FP...the dude at the end just creeps out and grows spikes. I don't even hear my toon talk...I just point and nod...no lips moving.

I guess you didn't get very far in the Operations huh? Were you there from the start of it? By the time you kill Toth and Zorn, it has been out for EVERY PERSON I've ever done them with (story and HM). Try the FP, try EC again, then report back. Don't crash during the instance.

If it helps any, I have been lucky enough to not have experienced any of the major bugs reported here. Call it luck. My PC is almost 7 years old so it's not that I have a great machine. Also, the only time that I have experienced lips not moving in cutscenes is when I am mashing the space bar.

The music in this game is awesome. It's just that it doesn't loop. I arrive on Balmorra, epic music starts playing, and I am all excited. But after that 2 minutes I spend the next hour questing in utter silence.

This is the issue exactly. What's so funny to me in this thread though is that some people think there's no soundtrack, some people have no problem, and so the obvious solution is to ignore what each other has to say and start insulting each others mothers. After all, we're on the internet!

Yep, music everywhere. Just have to turn it on/up.

As for a barly soundtrack, can we mix in some hops yeast malt and water too?

I have all the sounds on 40% and the music on 100% so Im sure im not missing the music when it comes....but it barly ever does