how does a /LFG tool work on a dead server?

Feztonio

i will say i am a huge fan of the /LFG function and believe they havd become the MMO standard.. and any game that refuses to have one just to be different is asinine. but if it's not cross-server, and other than Fatman all the servers are dead... then how exactly will the /LFG tool work?

standing alone on the space station spamming for a group doesnt work... not for lack of interest but because there's noone to group with... even with a lfg-tool, if there's no one on the server, i still won't get a group. either all servers must be merged into one, populated server or the LFG-tool has to be cross server so the single player on each server can all group together.

having it server-specific is almost as asinine as offering shoes to a fish, then saying "well, they're very nice shoes" when the fish looks at you weird.

i will say i am a huge fan of the /LFG function and believe they havd become the MMO standard.. and any game that refuses to have one just to be different is asinine. but if it's not cross-server, and other than Fatman all the servers are dead... then how exactly will the /LFG tool work?

standing alone on the space station spamming for a group doesnt work... not for lack of interest but because there's noone to group with... even with a lfg-tool, if there's no one on the server, i still won't get a group. either all servers must be merged into one, populated server or the LFG-tool has to be cross server so the single player on each server can all group together.

having it server-specific is almost as asinine as offering shoes to a fish, then saying "well, they're very nice shoes" when the fish looks at you weird.

They said in the first place there was going to be no LFG tool and then people really started leaving. Now that EA has pretty much fired a good amount of the staff for SWOTR the head designer still hasn't learned his lesson saying cross server will be a last resort which doesn't make sense unless you want to be a small MMO with 500,000 people which clearly is not EA's aim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOI3diW4Fbc

Edited by HisShadowX

You people really are that clueless?! FREE character transfers will come in with that stupid LFG (i.e. I am too lazy to be part of a community) tool. SOOOO, if you decide to stay in a dead server, then that is your fault.

You people really are that clueless?! FREE character transfers will come in with that stupid LFG (i.e. I am too lazy to be part of a community) tool. SOOOO, if you decide to stay in a dead server, then that is your fault.

And lose the opportunity to whine about something? NONSENSE!

thats why they are doing server transfers so you have a full server when you use LFG.

/endthread

this.

seriously, this thread is baseless as LFG goes in with the super server mergers.

this.

seriously, this thread is baseless as LFG goes in with the super server mergers.

Just as misinformed as the op is, They have said nothing about "super servers" other what a dev let slip. No date, no specifics not even an official anouncement that they are working on them. In fact the last dev i saw comment on "Super servers" was "Now I know Daniel Erickson has been mentioning things he probably shouldn't have"

Just as misinformed as the op is, They have said nothing about "super servers" other what a dev let slip. No date, no specifics not even an official anouncement that they are working on them. In fact the last dev i saw comment on "Super servers" was "Now I know Daniel Erickson has been mentioning things he probably shouldn't have"

oh look... A BW employee who knows what is going to happ....oh, my bad...just another kettle adding to the troll pot collection. :rolleyes:

LFG tool is also useless when nobody wants to spend an hour killing trash to fight a named at the end who may drop a columi pattern that is nearly useless at this point.

I know they're adding gear but it better be better than war hero gear for me to want to suffer through all the trash they put in these instances.

I am on a populated pacific server, however, finding a tank for HM's outside of "prime time" is impossible. Even during prime time it is usually a 30 minute wait.

How will single server LFG help me?

And you think there is a magic tankland somewhere, full of tanks just waiting to tank? Roll a tank yourself.

Like this.

Que.

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................logoff

Tanks on other servers maybe, but TOR doesn't have the technology for that.

There aren't. Tanks are rarer than other classes by a huge margin. Even more rare are tanks that can be bothered to even tank for randoms and the jewels of the world are tanks that can actually tank instead of crying and then leaving the group the moment there is a DPS there who can actually do DPS. I swear people are so delusional it sometimes scares me.

I am on a populated pacific server, however, finding a tank for HM's outside of "prime time" is impossible. Even during prime time it is usually a 30 minute wait.

How will single server LFG help me?

you would be suprised how many people either

a. completley ignore LFG spam in general chat even though they want to do a HM

b. are off doing something else so they can't even see you LFG

LFG helps solves those problems.

You can go play WOW and see how long it takes to get a tank to a pug, then multiply by 10 due to a much smaller pool of players. There, now you know.

I sure love me some anecdotal evidence.

After reading the forums for a few months now, it is split between servers bro. Some servers have a lack of healers. Some have a lack of tanks.

As a healer, I severely notice a lack of tanks on the server I play on. Best way to fix this whole arguement:

Option A for those who want to preserve server communities

Search for players on this server only .....[✔]

Search for players across all servers .....[ ]

Option B for those who want to actually play the content

Search for players on this server only .....[ ]

Search for players across all servers .....[✔]

Same server LFG tool truly only works for a big populated server at the prime time. If you are someone who is on a nearly dead server, or playing during the non prime time where the all servers are light populated, the same server LFG tool does not work.

Really, the idea of realms/servers really need to die. Take all the servers and link them into one realm, and then, just like what we have now in SWTOR, have the zones and fleet instanced to make sure there is no over population. With SWTOR, there would be 4 servers all together per region (PvE, PvP, RP PvP, RP PvE)

Same server LFG tool truly only works for a big populated server at the prime time. If you are someone who is on a nearly dead server, or playing during the non prime time where the all servers are light populated, the same server LFG tool does not work.

Really, the idea of realms/servers really need to die. Take all the servers and link them into one realm, and then, just like what we have now in SWTOR, have the zones and fleet instanced to make sure there is no over population. With SWTOR, there would be 4 servers all together per region (PvE, PvP, RP PvP, RP PvE)

This is my dream too.... but of course there isn't the technology to do this... I mean other than if you count eve, and well the cross server zone instancing that WoW is implementing in MoP, I mean if you discount those then it definitely does NOT exist <rolls eyes>