The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cheaper sub?

Evironrage

For those of us that are/have unsubbing/unsubbed I have to ask: Would a 50% reduction in monthly sub costs keep you around?

For me the answer is yes. I would be willing to give SWTOR another 6months if they were willing to lower the cost drastically. Anyone else? Say $7.50 a month.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us that are/have unsubbing/unsubbed I have to ask: Would a 50% reduction in monthly sub costs keep you around?

For me the answer is yes. I would be willing to give SWTOR another 6months if they were willing to lower the cost drastically. Anyone else? Say $7.50 a month.

I don't think EA should make such a move. Most people who leave to it because they don't like the game not because the subscription fee were too expensive. That means they wouldn't get more subscribers (definitely not twice as much) and would have only half the revenue from the people who are paying.

I gladly pay 12€ a month if I like the game, and I like this one very much.

I dont think that at the moment I would play the game even if it was f2p

12 quid a month makes no difference to me, in it's current state I dont want to play the game regardless of its cost.

I keep an eye on the forum and post a bit whilst I am doing other things on my comp and so long as I still have paid time left I will periodically check on the game as and when they do make any changes. I would not resub just to do the aforementioned things.

I already think it's dirt cheap entertainment at 50 cents/day.

I was doing the math for my time played relative to the cost and it just goes to show you video games are dirt cheap entertainment. Compared to dates out with your SO, a theater movie by yourself, a day trip fishing, or a round of golf, nothing even comes close to the amount of entertainment time folks receive from the gaming industry. Funny how relative costs get swept under the rug isn't it?

I don't think Bioware would ever do something like that. To suddenly start charging half of the subscription price of normal P2P MMOs would seem almost like an admission, from Bioware itself, that the game play experience isn't valued as much as others on the market right now. In retrospect, going F2P rather than 7.50$/month would probably be the better of the two options since then Bioware could spin it off as a 'restructuring' in the way its charging customers, and, meanwhile, have other MMOs to point to back up their claims rather than seemingly be "devaluating" their own product.

Not sure if I was to clear on my points, but to summarize.

Half subscription - not likely to happen in the near future.

I was doing the math for my time played relative to the cost and it just goes to show you video games are dirt cheap entertainment. Compared to dates out with your SO, a theater movie by yourself, a day trip fishing, or a round of golf, nothing even comes close to the amount of entertainment time folks receive from the gaming industry. Funny how relative costs get swept under the rug isn't it?

Brother, the outcome of a good trip fishing or a round of golf can turn out priceless with the right people. I don't think any game could provide as much as entertainment as outdoor hobbies.

Brother, the outcome of a good trip fishing or a round of golf can turn out priceless with the right people. I don't think any game could provide as much as entertainment as outdoor hobbies.

Well sure. I was just thinking of the monetary value relative to the projected fun, but you are right on the money there. No way to duplicate potentially long lasting RL memories in the MMO space. Even first time raid kills don't stand their ground against an evening with a smoking gal/guy that ends well :sul_wink:

You must be renting Skyrim, then. :D

Lol, not only is skyrim way less bugy and more fun than this game, with the CK and mods I can play it how I want to play it. SWtor is a horrible deal at 50 cents/day when there is more replay from skyrim a single player game with no subscription.

all this proves op is that you are cheap..not that you dislike the game.. you are just cheap and dont want to spend 15 bucks a month.. which is nothing really.. in order to play a game..sure some people might say 15 dollars isnt worth it..if that is the case then 7.50 wouldnt be worth it either... no ammount of money would be..

why mask your cheapness with a thread about what would people pay.. just admit.. youd be happier if it was f2p not because the game sucks, or you hate it, but because you are cheap:P

I'd just get a second account as I've already budgeted $15/mo for an MMO.

I don't think price is the factor here for most unsubs. If people aren't happy with the game, they're going to quit. If I pay $15 to bang my head against wall and then quit because I dislike it. I'm not going to bang my head against the wall for half the price.

I don't believe price would affect my decision either way. Having played SWG for all those years, I have come to the realisation that bugs are part of MMO gameplay. The TooW Beetle Cave entrance bug was there at the launch of the expansion, never fixed, and we just found the work-around for it. Bugs do not seem to bother me maybe as much as others.

What does bother me and caused my unsub is the gameplay itself. The UI, the linear nature of everything in this game (leveling and endgame progression), the extreme difficulty with some things (others seem to be just right), the engine lag, the misfires in the UI, the inability of crafting in this game to even be needed/wanted so there is nothing outside of kill and more kill, the shear amount of specials (4 rows of keybinds and still not enough room?), and the basic vanilla WoWified design of TOR.

If they can get most of that fixed, then I have no problem with 15 per/mo as that price is pretty cheap entertainment and I have tried F2P games and they all have their own set of problems.