Transfer to Server of Choice.

Oddly enough last night around 9pm PST there were 13 standard-high pop servers and 3 were PvP, 2 RP-PvP, 4 RP, 4 PvE. Fatman being the highest popped PvP server and Jedi Covenant being the highest pop PvE server.

How many of those were in North America?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple question, since i re-rolled another character on a higher pop server, with server transfers, will i be able to transfer my 50 from my low pop to the high pop?

No, you won't be able to.

It's why I havent rolled on Fatman. Or anywhere else. I'm just playing Diablo 3 now.

Edited by islander

well if they do start with free server to server transfers I hope they bring the paid transfer option at the same time because if I cant get to the server I want free I will gladly pay to have it done I just don't want to have to wait an extra month or whatever. Please bioware don't be dumb let us go where we want to the moment server transfers are available.

Simple question, since i re-rolled another character on a higher pop server, with server transfers, will i be able to transfer my 50 from my low pop to the high pop?

Yes absolutely!

It's called a paid character transfer service.

Greetings,

We will be releasing more details about the upcoming server transfers later

but i'm on a dead server now. what the F' does waiting for later do for me and my game play experience now? hard to be patient when i can't do anything because there's 2 people on the fleet and nobody on entire planets but me. just transfer my toons to fatman so i can play wouldya?

Edited by Feztonio

Nope. Not for free. You'll get assigned where you can go. Thankfully, Bioware is doing a great job of keeping it all a secret to upset as many players as possible when they realize Fatman won't be a transfer to server.

Greetings,

We will be releasing more details about the upcoming server transfers later, but Dallas Dickinson had this to say in one of last month's Weekly Q&As:

We hope this gives a little more insight. Thank you for your patience!

Huh...that didn't really seem to help at all. Maybe you can tell him, since you seem to think that link was helpful and not just trolling, WHERE can he transfer to exactly? I failed to see it.

but i'm on a dead server now. what the F' does waiting for later do for me and my game play experience now? hard to be patient when i can't do anything because there's 2 people on the fleet and nobody on entire planets but me. just transfer my toons to fatman so i can play wouldya?

Your options right now are to re-roll or unsub until the option you want becomes available. Personally, I am not a fan of telling folks to unsub and I would rather re-roll and start fresh. This is just speculation, but I think that the chances of them opening free transfers or otherwise to The Fatman are very small.

Nope. Not for free. You'll get assigned where you can go. Thankfully, Bioware is doing a great job of keeping it all a secret to upset as many players as possible when they realize Fatman won't be a transfer to server.

It has been said over 9000 times... FREE TRANSFERS will be for specific servers but PAID TRANSFERS won't have any restrictions, also paid transfers will be AFTER the FREE TRANSFERS take place ... I mention this cause probably will be a lot of threads saying "I told you that transfers to "the fatman" wasn't going to happen" so one last time :

FREE TRANSFERS will be for specific servers but PAID TRANSFERS won't have any restrictions

It has been said over 9000 times... FREE TRANSFERS will be for specific servers but PAID TRANSFERS won't have any restrictions, also paid transfers will be AFTER the FREE TRANSFERS take place ... I mention this cause probably will be a lot of threads saying "I told you that transfers to "the fatman" wasn't going to happen" so one last time :

FREE TRANSFERS will be for specific servers but PAID TRANSFERS won't have any restrictions

Yup! Bioware is **edit** themselves with not telling people anything. Every day they delay, Fatman becomes the ONLY destination people will find acceptable. The **edit** will hit the fan when they can't move their for free.

so, free transfers to Fatman, and paid transfers to specific servers?

So... what happens to the dead servers when, say, half of their active pops transfer to designated servers?

They continue to play on their quiet server or transfer also. But you knew that. Sorry dude, but mergers ain't gonna happen.

Yup! Bioware is **edit** themselves with not telling people anything. Every day they delay, Fatman becomes the ONLY destination people will find acceptable. The **edit** will hit the fan when they can't move their for free.

Many will cry regardless. The loudest folks on this forum act far too entitled to be happy with free transfers to specific servers.

Yup! Bioware is blaster rifling themselves in the foot with not telling people anything. Every day they delay, Fatman becomes the ONLY destination people will find acceptable. The Bantha Poodoo will hit the fan when they can't move their for free.

Edited (in-universe!) just like you asked :)

Anyway, this guy gets it. Yes, we have been told 9000 times, but that doesn't mean the forums won't explode in a Bantha poo storm when people realize they will have to pay to move to the Fatman.

From what i could tell, it sounds like they will be opening new servers that will be free to transfer to.

Which will make it easier to regulate things like names.

I would be a little upset if i had to transfer my day1 early access character to an existing server and couldn't keep the name because someone used it last month.

This is for the people who lack the brain power to process anything. When paid open transfers are available be prepaired for servers to be closed to transfers. I know huge shock right. I cant wait forthe morons to whine that they cant transfer to the server that has queues every night. This is just a warning so expect some servers to be off the list.

They continue to play on their quiet server or transfer also. But you knew that. Sorry dude, but mergers ain't gonna happen.

Yeah and new players start and get to pick one of the dead servers because they like the name of it - then they quit because no one's around? Bioware pays to maintain 75+ servers with 20 active accounts each?

Server merges are a "when not if" deal. I can't see any way around it.

Where in the name of General Garza is this coming from?

Sometimes I wonder at the lack of basic understanding so many people have.

Okay, let me make this easier to understand for you, if BW says tomorrow that we can all transfer to one of 10 new servers, how do we choose? How do we know what server is right for us? I play during the day and work at night, can I tell by looking at the 10 choices what server will have the best daytime populations?

This is why I pointed out BW is asking the players to blindly pick a new server to move to. BW has in their possession exact data showing play times and active populations for every server. Yes, when BW gets around to allowing server changed there will be a small surge of players returning but they can simply add a 5% buffer to their numbers and safely figure out how best to group together all but the 2 active servers they have now.

So in other words, we should not get 10 new servers to choose from, BW should simply tell us what server to move to based on their player data because only BW has the data to do this right.

Okay, let me make this easier to understand for you, if BW says tomorrow that we can all transfer to one of 10 new servers, how do we choose? How do we know what server is right for us? I play during the day and work at night, can I tell by looking at the 10 choices what server will have the best daytime populations?

This is why I pointed out BW is asking the players to blindly pick a new server to move to. BW has in their possession exact data showing play times and active populations for every server. Yes, when BW gets around to allowing server changed there will be a small surge of players returning but they can simply add a 5% buffer to their numbers and safely figure out how best to group together all but the 2 active servers they have now.

So in other words, we should not get 10 new servers to choose from, BW should simply tell us what server to move to based on their player data because only BW has the data to do this right.

Yeah, but sadly their data just confirms what we all already know, there are only at BEST 3 viable servers.

Greetings,

We will be releasing more details about the upcoming server transfers later, but Dallas Dickinson had this to say in one of last month's Weekly Q&As:

We hope this gives a little more insight. Thank you for your patience!

Server xfers came too late. It seems like Bio is just waiting for the free month to expire to see who is left and go from their.

Attempts to save subbs should have came during the free month so players could see if the game was better, playable, fun.

You are arguing with me based on a lot of YOUR assumptions. You have no idea what info BioWare is going to give us when they are ready to. Regardless, anyone going in blind does so on their own accord. It does not take much effort to ask around or even roll a quick character on a server to see what it is like before pulling the trigger on a transfer.