Daniel Erickson thinks X-Server LFG is last resort

tkinnunzero

Then there really isn't any way for you to avoid all of them whether the tool is server restricted or not.

I can name and shame them so they are known as what they are... they do it often, they will find it very hard to group again. They drop their habits or buy a new server transfer.. either way they are no longer jerks for me :)

Cross-server will ensure they get away with it.. which truly sucks. And since I don`t trust Bioware to handle a Cross-Server solution professionally... I`d rather have only same server.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. You want hackers / cheaters to go immune with what they do ??? They're thinking on the consequences.

14:33:12: player Isuckballs [Fatman] has joined your group.

14:41:27 Stompbads [Tomb of Freedon Nadd]: lol, i think that guy is cheating.

14:41:28 Isuckballs [Fatman]: You cant prove anything, go die. Mow-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

14:41:30 Bawse [Lord Calypho]: Lets report this brat, shall we?

*open a ticket*

28th of May, monday at 14:41 player from server Fatman, named Isuckballs used *name hack* while we were in Black Talon.

*submit ticket*

So immune, SO IMMUNE.

All the X-server LFD did in WoW was turn the game into world of dungeon run. Empty zone after empty zone. If your MMO experience is just to stand in a central location and chat then you are doing it wrong.

Bioware has more experience under their belt on making games than anyone on these forums could even dream of and to tell them they are doing it wrong? I'd like to see your awesome MMO that you make.

Edited by Skidrowbro

All the X-server LFD did in WoW was turn the game into world of dungeon run. Empty zone after empty zone. If your MMO experience is just to stand in a central location and chat then you are doing it wrong.

Bioware has more experience under their belt on making games than anyone on these forums could even dream of and to tell them they are doing it wrong? I'd like to see your awesome MMO that you make.

They're doing it wrong. See, that wasn't so hard.

Give me 300 million dollars and I'll do it; I guarantee it.

Daniel Erickson, Lead Game Designer for Star Wars: The Old Republic,

How can a multi-million Star Wars online multiplayer game have a lead designer that is this clueless about running a successful MMO service?

Here's a clue, Daniel: I am not looking for some 'last resorts' in your service product. I want the convenience to play with millions of strangers, anonymously over the Internet, with the convenience of pressing a button and the magic happening.

^^This.

The guy is pretty much clueless. So clueless it's actually scary.

He says he cares about "server community", yet:

- there are no server forums

- there is no global chat

So his "reasoning" behind the idea makes absolutely no sense, when you consider the above.

LFG, needs to be cross-server - no questions about it.

And look what happened to the people playing World Of Warcraft when the LFG cross server was implemented. Instead of actual decent players, they became wordless, mindless idiots who cared for nothing but themselves. People who would need on loot they didnt actually need just to sell, or leave a group if a boss they fought didnt drop the loot they wanted, even when it was only the first boss. Why should they care about other people? It is not like they would ever see them again, and even if they did, they can just leave the group and LFG using the tool again.

Yes THAT is what you are promoting, the lack of moral fortitude, or willingness to be patient. So I vow here and now, the day cross server LFG is added, I am GONE!!!!!

I can't recall the last time someone typed in a group in SWTOR, except for guild groups. Wordless happens IN THIS GAME NOW.

I can recall numerous times that someone smashed the NEED button in SWTOR even when they couldn't equip it or had better. Ninja looting happens IN THIS GAME NOW.

The X-LFG tool doesn't magically turn players into tools. They are tools right now.

The only thing X-LFG will do is get you into more groups, more often. The percentage of tools won't change. You'll see more of them, because you'll get more groups. But that's the point of the tool, isn't it? Getting more groups?

Really, a cross server looking for game will kill the community's? What community's!?!? The game is freakin dead people!! And don't give me this bull that Xserver hurt wow, I call BS on that. I played wow for 4 yrs and Xserver brought wow to new heights. If y'all have not noticed, no one is posting looking for game anymore in gen chat. I can't remember the last time I saw someone looking to get an op together, it's been months. And by the way, this is to all the closed minded peeps out there that don't want a XserverLFG, if they do server only, and your server is dead like 98 percent of SW!!!!!!!!!!, how are you going to find people to group with on your server only LFG???? Exactly. I personally think that the dude in charge of this game is a little clueless. For everything this game did right, it was all the tiny small things that should have been put in this game that are not here is what's killing it. I am giving this game till 1.3. If it can't get a tiny bit better I am out. Server is dead, guild is dead, community is dead, game just feals DEAD! I think the only thing that can save this game is for Bioware to clean house and get some new people in there, because right now things are not working and it's taking to long to address the probs.....

This is easy. I`ll take EVE ships and make them with legs, then stomp them into a medieval setting, fighting Megatron, cos everybody hates Megatron... then I`ll throw in an expansion one year later, AFTER I`ve spent 300 mil dollars, of course... in which they no longer fight Megatron.

They`ll fight Ironman.

There... I am a Bioware class dev now. And it is a FACT, because I say so.

This is easy. I`ll take EVE ships and make them with legs, then stomp them into a medieval setting, fighting Megatron, cos everybody hates Megatron... then I`ll throw in an expansion one year later, AFTER I`ve spent 300 mil dollars, of course... in which they no longer fight Megatron.

They`ll fight Ironman.

There... I am a Bioware class dev now. And it is a FACT, because I say so.

I would have added Leader One from Gobots in there as well. Now you game is a failure :(

Empty zone after empty zone. If your MMO experience is just to stand in a central location and chat then you are doing it wrong.

Thats why i see hundreds of players in SWTOR instead of staying in fleet are running around different planets to get to the operations and flashpoints entrances. Or i dont?

I would have added Leader One from Gobots in there as well. Now you game is a failure :(

I`ll make it F2P and merge into Super Servers!

My first idea is to sell POWER from a cash shop. I think I`ll sell every letter for 100 $ . If you want to buy the whole word, it`ll cost you 1000 :)

Edited by Styxx

Why are MMO developers always forcing players to play like they want them to play and not allowing players to play the way they want to play. Then they scratch thier heads and wonder why the subs keep falling.

Well they give you plenty of threads to ask about what you want to see in the future of this game. But to actually let players and ******* alike take control of a game like this and play the way you want to, would be total chaos and most likely ruin the game for everybody else. If players had their way, Scoundrels would still be like they were 1.0/1.1. Eco would be ridculous. Tank classes would be OP. (List could go on.)

On another note x-server LFG IMO is a bad idea PvE wise. PvP would be totally fine, seeing as you'll get competition from other servers but in a PvE scenario it takes away server communities and we're right back to WoW again, with random people, silent games and ninja looting. Servers would turn selfish and you wouldn't be able to build up a solid community.

Thats why i see hundreds of players in SWTOR instead of staying in fleet are running around different planets to get to the operations and flashpoints entrances. Or i dont?

I do agree that the FP's and Ops shouldn't just be on fleet only but most of my groups have been formed while being on the planets and not in the fleet. Perhaps they may actually add some FP's and Ops on some of the planets or in future planets

Edited by Skidrowbro

While I am always careful in my PUGs, I always worry about this 'accountability' thing.

People don't seem to realize that the dynamic of online gaming has changed since the days of WoW, when a TRUE griefer would get called out on his mistakes. Since then, it seems like everyone is looking to call everyone else out for any reason. And this isn't a hyperbole, this is something I see happening every day. The other day, someone rolled for his companion after apparently asking if it was okay and getting a 'yes' from the leader of the group, only to have someone boil him alive all over general chat.

This is the kind of accountability we have. As the poor guy was defending himself, people were jumping all over him for rolling need on Companion gear, even though he was told he could.

And see, sometimes groups move so ********n fast through content, that all I can do is look at an item for 2 seconds to determine if it's a need for me or not. What if I roll wrong? Am I then crucified all over general for a mistake? I can't take it back, but it WAS an accident, and I will GLADLY help you run the content again if you want the item.

But I'm sure if we had this 'accountability' you white knights so highly praise, I'd never get that chance.

Give me anonymity all the way and cross-server queueing. At least that way if I err in a group, I'm not banned from ever grouping again.

While I am always careful in my PUGs, I always worry about this 'accountability' thing.

People don't seem to realize that the dynamic of online gaming has changed since the days of WoW, when a TRUE griefer would get called out on his mistakes. Since then, it seems like everyone is looking to call everyone else out for any reason. And this isn't a hyperbole, this is something I see happening every day. The other day, someone rolled for his companion after apparently asking if it was okay and getting a 'yes' from the leader of the group, only to have someone boil him alive all over general chat.

This is the kind of accountability we have. As the poor guy was defending himself, people were jumping all over him for rolling need on Companion gear, even though he was told he could.

And see, sometimes groups move so ********n fast through content, that all I can do is look at an item for 2 seconds to determine if it's a need for me or not. What if I roll wrong? Am I then crucified all over general for a mistake? I can't take it back, but it WAS an accident, and I will GLADLY help you run the content again if you want the item.

But I'm sure if we had this 'accountability' you white knights so highly praise, I'd never get that chance.

Give me anonymity all the way and cross-server queueing. At least that way if I err in a group, I'm not banned from ever grouping again.

Pfff, looks like you one the lottery on your pick of servers. Transfers are coming. Use the forums here and look for a server that isn't full of douche bags

And look what happened to the people playing World Of Warcraft when the LFG cross server was implemented. Instead of actual decent players, they became wordless, mindless idiots who cared for nothing but themselves. People who would need on loot they didnt actually need just to sell, or leave a group if a boss they fought didnt drop the loot they wanted, even when it was only the first boss. Why should they care about other people? It is not like they would ever see them again, and even if they did, they can just leave the group and LFG using the tool again.

Yes THAT is what you are promoting, the lack of moral fortitude, or willingness to be patient. So I vow here and now, the day cross server LFG is added, I am GONE!!!!!

I would never be able to say it better myself. I totally agree with this argument.

How can a multi-million Star Wars online multiplayer game have a lead designer that is this clueless about running a successful MMO service?

Where do you get off calling the man clueless? Perhaps it is you who has no clue. :rolleyes:

You don't insult people you don't agree with. Especially when it's you that is wrong.

Super Servers are coming. You have absolutely no idea that cross server queues will be needed. There are reasons players don't want it. :rolleyes: As someone who played World of Warcraft from Beta, till this games release, I can surely attest to the change in the way players treated other players with cross server easy queues. I can care less if you prefer rude players who kick others from the group for the most trivial reasons, or drop mid combat with no warning. I like it better when players have to consider their reputations

Edited by Kourage

any tool that allows players to enjoy most or all of the content is a win win. Jerks will be jerks in any setting, tools don't create a bad attitude, it already exists.

True, but with the ignore feature and with the server boundaries you are able to filter them out.

When you have cross server LFG you never see the same person again. When limited to one server, the population is not that large and ninja warnings work in general chat just fine. He can ninja once or twice and then he will never be able to join any operation/flashpoint group with this level 50 character.

Edited by Jedlosson