Daniel Erickson thinks X-Server LFG is last resort

tkinnunzero

I just have one question for you. Why are you campaigning so hard to turn this game into WoW?

This is why people avoid talking to you, i point out that the reason wow is successful is because it is a well run game and you interpret that into me "campaigning to turn swtor into wow". If you cant back up your incredibly ignorant posts with facts or logic why do you even bother posting them.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News flash - this game is WoW, minus the features that made it accessible and fun.

He knows its wow, and has stated a few times that its what he wants, Vanilla wow with lightsabers.

Remember vanilla wow? the game nobody would be playing if blizzard hadnt innovated and adapted new fetures to make it what it is today.

I just have one question for you. Why are you campaigning so hard to turn this game into WoW?

I have a question for you. Why do you think that providing effective back-end accessibility systems and features that have nothing to do with the defining gameplay, suddenly turn the game into WoW?

Is adding... oh lets say UI mods, for the sake of argument... suddenly going to turn people into Orcs and Draenei riding flying dragons? No.

Edited by Gungan

I have to agree with the devs on this one. I and many other players do not want cross server LFG. First it can disrupt the Communities on the servers. Second there is less accountability in a cross server format (At least is a single server format, then players are accountable to there guilds and there community). Plus there could be many other issues that can come up with anything cross server.

I have to agree with the devs on this one. I and many other players do not want cross server LFG. First it can disrupt the Communities on the servers. Second there is less accountability in a cross server format (At least is a single server format, then players are accountable to there guilds and there community). Plus there could be many other issues that can come up with anything cross server.

I'd say, tell it to the 12 people in fleet right now. Even when there were 75, nobody was grouping.

Disrupting communities yes, accountable, that's not a big deal. Right now I feel very sorry for the guys at Bioware who have put all this hard work in to making this game and the worlds that they created. Now they are just going to be barren wastelands as people just stand on the fleet running FP's all day and night. What waste.....

Disrupting communities yes, accountable, that's not a big deal. Right now I feel very sorry for the guys at Bioware who have put all this hard work in to making this game and the worlds that they created. Now they are just going to be barren wastelands as people just stand on the fleet running FP's all day and night. What waste.....

They're already barren wastelands, and they serve no purpose after you've completed the quests there. They are literally equivalent to levels in a Mario game.

Edited by Gungan

Very simple, dont like it? dont use it.

Very simple, game isn't made your way? Don't play it.

So they can never add any few features because it will not be the same game they launched?

Don't like change? By that logic you should have unsubbed 4 months ago.

Edited by Gungan

So they can never add any few features because it will not be the same game they launched?

Don't like change? By that logic you should have unsubbed 4 months ago.

Your logic has failed. I like the way the game is made:D

Arguing with anti-LFG people is fun and all, but you're all missing one simple thing:

There is absolutely nothing Bioware can do at this stage to save this game. X-server LFG was needed in 1.2, not in 1.3, and most likely who knows when. Dual spec was needed in 1.2, x-server warzones were needed in 1.2.

Like with everything else in this game since releases, Bioware completely missed their last resort mark. :(

Very simple, game isn't made your way? Don't play it.

That's pretty much what's happening. People aren't buying the equivalent of the 1970's Gremlin of MMOs. Well, they're buying it, figuring out it's a 1977 Gremlin, and ditching it in the river ASAP.

The approach of don't like it, don't play it doesn't bode well for the future of the game. It's the exact opposite of the way anyone who honestly likes the game should be thinking.

Your logic has failed. I like the way the game is made:D

You're just comlpetely dense, and fail at reading comprehension, and reasoning. If you like how the game is made, then you will have no problem when they add a more accessible LFG, since you had no problem with the other features that have already been added.

If you like how the game is made, you will not leave for any reason, regardless of what feature they add, because you have no say in what features they implement.

Edited by Gungan

You're just comlpetely dense. If you like how the game is made, then you will have no problem when they add a new and better LFG, since you had no problem with the other features that have already been added.

Again, I have stated many times why I don't like it. Not that I don't want it. You call it the utopia of gaming, I call it the utter destruction of a genre. If they want this game just to be a run of the mill MMO like WoW, then they have all the power going for them but they are trying to create an MMORPG.

Their next big hurdle is they have to get people off the fleet, not put them on it. You know, the RPG part?

Edited by Skidrowbro

Again, I have stated many times why I don't like it. Not that I don't want it. You call it the utopia of gaming, I call it the utter destruction of a genre. If they want this game just to be a run of the mill MMO like WoW, then they have all the power going for them but they are trying to create an MMORPG.

It is a singular feature with a singular purpose: to make finding a group quicker and more accessible at any time of day.

It doesn't change anything else about the game. It can neither make a game a utopia or destroy it. It has no impact at all on the core gameplay of the product. Again, your reasoning is completely demented, because you're under the impression that a single back-end feature can define the game.

Back-end systems are transparent to the users when implemented well.

Edited by Gungan

Their next big hurdle is they have to get people off the fleet, not put them on it. You know, the RPG part?

If it seems to most players that the only way to get a group is spamming on fleet, people will be incented to stay on fleet.

If there is an LFG tool that will teleport players to the dungeons, they will go do other things while they wait for the tool to find them a group.

There's still no reason to be off of fleet, but the presence of a properly implemented LFG tool will at least remove the problems of leaving fleet.

Lol.... because having a BG's for PvP is sooooo different... I know, I know... they should be really innovative and have like 3 advanced "Talent Trees" <rolls eyes>. For defending they didn't want this to be like some other "Run of the mill MMO" they sure pulled out all the stops.

You've stated it will ruin the community. Ok, I'll buy into your premise for half a second. So you are saying that people who you now group with will refuse to group with you if a cross server LFD tool is implemented? Perhaps that speaks more to you than to them.

Edited by Drakkip

If there is an LFG tool that will teleport players to the dungeons, they will go do other things while they wait for the tool to find them a group.

Ok, that would make sense, if people weren't asking for queue's to pop every 5 seconds. Not going to get much done with a fast queue pop are you? Then what would be the point of ever leaving the fleet?

One of the main reason for me leaving WoW was the lack of grouping in the open world. The zones were barren with maybe one or two travellers on my journey. And most of the times it was just bots.

Edited by Skidrowbro

Honestly, the LFG tool would be of completely limited ability. It would only be used by level 50 characters looking for PvP or maybe flashpoints.

Most things can be done solo. Because of that, people wont actively look for a group to do it. Hmm, should I do this myself because no one is around, or should I wait an hour doing LFG so I can do it with someone else?

Cross server LFG suffers the same exact issue. This isn't old school EQ where you needed a group. This is the new age of MMORPGs, where the RPG is single player and the market is the multiplayer part.

Ok, that would make sense, if people weren't asking for queue's to pop every 5 seconds. Not going to get much done with a fast queue pop are you? Then what would be the point of ever leaving the fleet?

One of the main reason for me leaving WoW was the lack of grouping in the open world. The zones were barren with maybe one or two travellers on my journey. And most of the times it was just bots.

OMG! NO WAY! The low level world was barren once everyone hit endgame levels in a theme park game?! TELL ME IT ISN'T SO!!!

Same thing is happening in SWTOR, and will continue to happen in SWTOR, because theme park progression means that lower level zones become obsolete. End of story. They would have to add sandbox elements or meaningful level 50 PVP lakes to every planet to get people to go back there.

Edited by Gungan

Think about what you just said for a second. As it stands now, the best way to get an ops or FP group is to stand on fleet spamming "LFG" over and over again.

With LFG and XServer LFG you can queue and at the very least head out to different planets and explore, do dailies, get datacrons, whatever all without having to be on fleet hoping to find people for runs.

It actually has the opposite effect of what you are stating.

Edited by Frostvein

Think about what you just said for a second. As it stands now, the best way to get an ops or FP group is to stand on fleet spamming "LFG" over and over again.

With LFG and XServer LFG you can queue and at the very least head out to different planets and explore, do dailies, get datacrons, whatever all without having to be on fleet hoping to find people for runs.

It actually has the opposite effect of what you are stating.

Maybe on your server you stand on the fleet spamming. I'll ask one or twice and when I don't get a bite. I jump in my ship and hit up the planets. Within 5 minutes, full group. Not my fault you are doing it wrong. Also, with the insta queues that people are lobbying for, you are not gonna get much datacron farming done are you?

Edited by Skidrowbro

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.