Powertech Pyrotech deserve the HUGE nerf

Roiz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about this argument then, PT's have high front loaded burst damage which is balanced by the complete lack of an execute. Discuss?

Sorc no execute. Merc no execute. Operative no execute. By your reasoning all these classes need a burst buff then?

Edited by Gidoru

A Sorc cannot off tank where is their burst?

A Sniper cannot offtank where is their burst?

A Merc cannont off tank where is their burst?

An Operative cannot offtank where is their burst?

A Sorc, Merc, and Operative can heal. Are they as effective as a full 31-pt healer? No. Neither is a DPS PT at tanking.

A Marksman Sniper can neither heal or offtank but they sure do have burst. On my sub-50 Gunslinger I've killed people in 4 GCD's. They're one of the burstiest classes in the game and are up there with Rage Juggs, Pyro PT's, Deception Assassins, and Concealment Operatives.

What's the CD on your slow? our 2 sec slow? the one we have very little control over?

Melee range = 4 meters. So how would you class PT? ranged? Stand at 30m as a PT and see the damage you do.

16 Heat is huge? My Corrosive Dart has the exact same cost, and I can spam it all day long if I wanted to, seeing as we have regen! Your on about Flame burst - And i assumed the guy was talking about our big dot. IM which is a little more then 16.

Even if you did nothing but mash the button you would still be able to do it like 8 times before maxing out your heat (because of regen.). Of course, that would be foolish, but I'm just pointing out that it is NOT a huge heat cost, and can be easily managed.

PT bashing is the new mara/sent bashing.

A Sorc, Merc, and Operative can heal. Are they as effective as a full 31-pt healer? No. Neither is a DPS PT at tanking.

A Marksman Sniper can neither heal or offtank but they sure do have burst. On my sub-50 Gunslinger I've killed people in 4 GCD's. They're one of the burstiest classes in the game and are up there with Rage Juggs, Pyro PT's, Deception Assassins, and Concealment Operatives.

Im going to stop responding to you because you are clearly oblivious to what im writing.

Im going to stop responding to you because you are clearly oblivious to what im writing.

And you're completely ignorant to the fact that all classes are unique and not all classes need that magical "burst" you keep rambling on about. It's been stated 100x over, sustained damage is just as effective as burst damage for killing people in PvP and DPSing in PvE.

Edited by iNeXxS

so, you're telling me pyros have an ability to buff movement speed/15% damage bonus for a full group?

so, you're telling me pyros can offtank an enraged boss for the duratino of a defensive cooldown to allow for a final round of burst to beat the encounter?

so, you're telling me pyros have a class mechanic allowing them to both bypass the limit on 1 medpac per fight and 1 Resurrection per fight?

so, you're telling me pyros have the ability to immediately re-engage in combat after a long range knockback?

^ abilities split between the other melee classes.

pyros can do what, exactly, that you can point to as a mirror of these?

nothing? i didn't think so.

I understand the spirit of this post, however Pyrotech PTs can certainly re-engage in combat after a long range knockback. They can apply/refresh incendiary missile, they can use thermal detonator, circumstances permitting they might be able to railshot, and if none of that is desirable/applicable they can grapple the person to them.

Edited by ShadowOfVey

While not all anon posters are gutless or inconsiderate, those types of posts do tend to dominate game forums.

I would hope that people could work out suggestions to keep people in the game rather than just beat their own drums, while the game closes.

Edited by Elkirin

My bad set bonus is 15% to rocket punch. Commando is railshot.

BM and WH Eliminator gear give +15% crit to Railshot (and they get +15% to Rocket Punch, from Combat Tech.).

Heh, I wish IA bonuses were nearly as good! Ours are pathetic except for the 1 extra orbital strike tick.

That amount of crit is just right for a PT. Pyros stack power since you want as much burst as possible.

For max burst, crit > power, until you reach 30% base. If your base crit isn't 30%, you need to remod.

30% base + 5% buff +15% set bonus = 50% crit.

So how would you class PT? ranged? Stand at 30m as a PT and see the damage you do.

I've said this over and over again in this thread:

4m = Melee

10m = Range

30m = Range

Therefore:

Pyro = Range.

Your on about Flame burst - And i assumed the guy was talking about our big dot. IM which is a little more then 16.

When specced, Corrosive Dart also costs 16, and is instant. So when comparing pure spamability, yes, it's the perfect comparison. We were never talking about the big DoT, because it was the slow from Flame Burst that the discussion was about.

Here is evidence powertech did 1 million damage in warzone with a gap of 400 000 from a second nearest class.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=466275

Is it normal PT can do 1million while others can challendge for 600 000 damage at the best?

That pt was allowed to go around and do his thing while the opposition which did not have any dps to speak of attacked a guarded healer. Not only that, the other side also had a decent healer while the pt's side had no other dps.

Next, it looks like an alderaan warzone that lasted nearly max amount of time due to the score. This would potentially the longest warzone there is. More time, more damage.

The pt's opposition did not have much dps that his side could not prevent.

Next, the pt stated that he wasn't killing people, but putting pressure on their healers by tab targeting and using flame burst (more dots) to achieve the high damage.

How many kills did he have? 56 kills for that much damage is not that effective tbh. I don't look at numbers, I look at the class' ability to put players down.

We do not know what type of equipment the opposition was using as well as what the pt was as well.

Here is evidence powertech did 1 million damage in warzone with a gap of 400 000 from a second nearest class.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=466275

Is it normal PT can do 1million while others can challendge for 600 000 damage at the best?

There are also screenshots of sorcs doing 800k+.

As for the difference

http://i44.tinypic.com/2r53ic2.jpg

that one is taken from: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=428739

I am not sure but I think its even from before 1.2. Just to point out the "difference" numbers. generally speaking trying to base an argument around scoreboard screenshots is pointless.

Its just about teams having enormous amounts of healing to make such numbers possible. Otherwise your opponents die to fast. This post is just demonstrating that screenshots don't mean anything. And neither does scoreboard damage.

Edited by Twor

You listed a unique ability that only one class has. This means what? That different classes get different abilities? Congrats on pointing out something everyone already knows.

A Sorc cannot off tank where is their burst?

A Sniper cannot offtank where is their burst? Sniper has great burst

A Merc cannont off tank where is their burst? Has great ranged damage

An Operative cannot offtank where is their burst? Op can stun/damage quite well

I guess Bioware should just buff all these classes because they cant offtank so they need extra burst like Powertech.

Powertechs has an ability to self heal for 15%. Clearly every class that does not have this now needs to get a massive burst buff now.

Yes they do considering Powertechs have 3+ 30M range abilities. One of which limits them from getting into 10m range, the other is a dot, and then finally that rs that is on 16 second cooldown.

The funny thing is that you're once again pointing directly to abilites not mechanics. Burst is not an ability. You're basically telling me that all these classes have a unique ability and therefore to compensate Powertechs needs a mechanic that no one else has?

If you want to get rid of pt burst, then change the action management system and survivability so it can be like every other class. Take railshot, doesn't bother me... but I want cloak, run, second dcd, and normal action management system.

You seem to conveniently leave things out to try and skew a better picture for your point, but you have no point. The majority of the players are against you, because it is your vendetta against pyro/assault. We seem to be paying for your bad play, you know, your ability to get out of that 10m range. Continue to play poorly and you will not reap any good results. Stay out of that 10m range and pt are very harmless.

You are actually known for failed pve groups, I am not sure why you are on a pvp forum talking about an activity which you are very limited with. We welcome your input, but it isn't a very educated opinion with your limited success and expertise in the subject.

As for the difference

http://i44.tinypic.com/2r53ic2.jpg

that one is taken from: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=428739

I am not sure but I think its even from before 1.2. Just to point out the "difference" numbers. generally speaking trying to base an argument around scoreboard screenshots is pointless.

Its just about teams having enormous amounts of healing to make such numbers possible. Otherwise your opponents die to fast. This post is just demonstrating that screenshots don't mean anything. And neither does scoreboard damage.

Dead players can't take damage.

Dead players can't take damage.

Err and if the players are healed they don't die. And if they aren't dead they can take damage that can be healt again that results in such numbers? :)

This is what you don't seem to understand 1 000 000 is a lot more that 800 000. What you're basically pointing out is that in a match where players are basically target PvP dummies with plenty of healers to keep them up Pyro can easily do 200 000 more dmg than Sorc...

Dude, that just is an example of bad balance betwen dps classes.

Edited by Ewgal

This is what you don't seem to understand 1 000 000 is a lot more that 800 000. What you're basically pointing out is that in a match where players are basically target PvP dummies with plenty of healers to keep them up Pyro can easily do 200 000 more dmg than Sorc...

+ Sage damage is spread out incredibly much whereas PT damage concerns mostly single target burst - not the case with Sages.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/193/1mill.png

Did you say something? Something like difference between first and second placed? Come again...

Maybe you now understand that screenshots are complete and utterly meaningless?

Edited by Twor

+ Sage damage is spread out incredibly much whereas PT damage concerns mostly single target burst - not the case with Sages.

lmao, dude r u seriuos :D? can you listed how many aoe socr/sage have and there damage compare to PT?

p.s. troll better next time, i know u can :D

lmao, dude r u seriuos :D? can you listed how many aoe socr/sage have and there damage compare to PT?

p.s. troll better next time, i know u can :D

madness spec is all about attacking multiple targets with dots and aoe

madness spec is all about attacking multiple targets with dots and aoe

Blatantly never played a sorc with no real grasp of the class. One single AOE in madness/balance on a 15 second cooldown.

You can't go around DOTing everyone, the spec has severe force conservation issues.

EDIT: That ONE AOE is 3 targets max.

Edited by TheGreatFrosty