Please vote to stop warzone hacking/cheating!! ;)

NoaFlux

Does it last indefinitely? Because she never slows down. Ever.

That's why I reported it. She is NEVER running at normal in-combat speed. She is fast 100% of the time.

Combat spec sents gains a passive speed boost. Learn their abilities before accusing of cheating.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen a lot of the hacks that people have described since I'm a more casual player who is still getting used to the PVP after 50, but I'm sure many of those hacks do exist.

I'm a bit concerned that we haven't had any bug fixes since 15 may though...

Still haven't seen any hacks in this game. Have you tried being competent?

Lemme guess...you've unsubbed to SWTOR and haven't played it since the 1st week? Or...your monitor is broken?! A bug where you're the only toon visible?! You only PvE but troll the PvP forum? You only RP? Because the ONLY way to have NOT seen one, is to have not played in WZs or to be blind.

Those who "claim" to have never seen hacks in this game fall into a few simple categories.

Liars or cheaters themselves

ABSOLUTELY agree!!!

Usually, they're also the ones yelling at "baddies" on their team too. ALL around LOSERS!

Hacking is sort of like speeding or shoplifting. Without having a society where every move you do is watched by someone, both are pretty much impossible to completely stop . The only reason why everyone doesn't just do either of those activity is beacuse the law threatens to totaly mess you up in the off chance you do get caught so people don't want to get thrown in jail or pay expensive speeding ticket + insurance hike even though there's a very good chance you'll get away with it.

Compared to that, the punishment for hacking is probably even lower. There's a school of thought (for game makers) that you should never ban anyone in a subscription game, and suspensions can be thought of a good break for your gaming addiction anyway. Even in the case of ban, you never lose than the cost of the game by definition. This is not the case with say shoplifting. If you steal $1 worth of stuf and get caught you don't just pay them $1 and get off clean. It hurts you considerably more than $1 on the unlikely chance you do get caught, so people don't do it very often. Unfortunately there's really no legislation (nor do I think it's even a good idea) to punish people for cheating beyond making them lose all the money they put into the game so there's not much of a deterrent to cheating.

Still haven't seen any hacks in this game. Have you tried being competent?

I see the speed hack in WZs almost every time I play on AP. Of course, it might be the same player on different toons, but there are certainly peeps playing with hacks. It's pretty obvious when they do.

Yeah, hacks do exist. Have been the victim on some occasions in warzones. That being said some classes do get a passive speed boost if they spec into it. My Bounty hunter for example gets one if I use the high energy cylendar. It's not really a big speed boost but it is noticable.

I see the speed hack in WZs almost every time I play on AP. Of course, it might be the same player on different toons, but there are certainly peeps playing with hacks. It's pretty obvious when they do.

Predation. Marauder ability.

I'm pretty sure the 8+ people thing has been fixed a while back, not sure about the others.

Yes it was fixed a long time ago and it was an exploit, not a hack. No hardware or software changes were required to replicate it.

I have been called haker many time because due to a BW bugs i wasn't in the TAB table of target (i was out of the OPS in warzone showing blue to allie and not showing in TAB target table but was only possible to click on me to target)

Before we start the campain against the hackers BW should fix his damn bugs in warzone (tons of them) from the group showing only 7 person when there are 8 to blue tag people instead of green tag not having the ops channel .. etcetc

Edited by Pekish

I have been called haker many time because due to a BW bugs i wasn't in the TAB table of target (i was out of the OPS in warzone showing blue to allie and not showing in TAB target table but was only possible to click on me to target)

Before we start the campain against the hackers BW should fix his damn bugs in warzone (tons of them) from the group showing only 7 person when there are 8 to blue tag people instead of green tag not having the ops channel .. etcetc

Have to agree. Thing is, when they fix some of these bugs they might just close the door on some of the hacks at the same time.

I have personally seen someone running around on fleet faster than I could move on my 110% speeder. He outright admitted it was a memory offset hack when I asked him about it. Memory offset hacks are one of the oldest, and most basic methods of cheating. It's the same type of system the Game Genie, and Game Shark use for console games. It seems like if any reasonably good anti cheat system was built in to the game, it could prevent a lot of this from happening. The thing is, I'm not sure there is ANY type of anti cheating system for this game. I could be wrong on that, but it seems like if there was, it should be easy enough for it to detect a memory offset hack.

despite what is their view i see all the above posters that agree that hack in swtor exist.

With the rated wz coming this will multiply and will create big problems for a community that can not take another fail from the developers. PvP in this game goes from bat to worse to non existent (eventually if we keep on that track), and a extensive hack problem on rated wz will lead it there.

The higher incentive to cheat coze of the top dog rating, will create a norm that the non cheating team will never achieve high score in the game despite skill.

So BW please fix the gaps in you coding that permits such cheats or at list police wz a lot better.

for once my poor machine can not handle constant recording of wz and i can not report with evidence the few so far hackers that i see on my server.

I completely agree. I know a couple people who will do whatever it takes to show their friends that they're at the "top of the class" . Having rated Warzones will only make this worst.

It makes me sick as some of these friends would destroy me over and over as a kid in video games and not tell me they were hacking. Only later would I realize I realize it after doing a Google search...

SWTOR is in trouble

Edited by NoaFlux

I have personally seen someone running around on fleet faster than I could move on my 110% speeder. He outright admitted it was a memory offset hack when I asked him about it. Memory offset hacks are one of the oldest, and most basic methods of cheating. It's the same type of system the Game Genie, and Game Shark use for console games. It seems like if any reasonably good anti cheat system was built in to the game, it could prevent a lot of this from happening. The thing is, I'm not sure there is ANY type of anti cheating system for this game. I could be wrong on that, but it seems like if there was, it should be easy enough for it to detect a memory offset hack.

It seems you know your stuff. I'm reposting as people need to know this. Was it before 1.2 sizzle?

i never knew this could happen until i watched a couple of toons walk right thru a door. not sure how it works but the screen read "20 secs til w/e" and they started to shake as if they were stuck in place and then they were thru the door way before the 20 sec were up.there's a guild on shii-cho that will this method w/o fail.

I always laugh when poster say they never saw a hack..so whose the noob now? If you are honest and not a troll..ya there is hacks. In fact there are also exploits and Bioware has confirmed both hacks and exploits in official posts so for anyone to claim there isnt..well players and bioware says there is so please just go away. Ive seen them used and others have seen them used, we are experienced pvpers and know when we are getting owned by a good player or a hack. Its easy to spot. Im not gonna list them or defend that this is the truth. All I can say is Ive reported players myself..and look suddenly they are missing from the pvp queue for a few days, a week or never seen again. Coincidence..sure...I dont care why the little losers left Im just glad they are gone. No one who has any real ability needs to hack in this game..if you need to buy credits, power level or use exploits god you are a tard. Dont spend your time on a vote here just report them..trust me it works.

Hey.

In my opinion the word hacking/cheating is wrong.

People just uses the glitches that are in the game (Yes, it can be cheating).

For example, there is a glitch in which when scoundrel use the ability to stealth his party members while their are planting, the party member becomes invisible while planting....

Happened to me and my teammates often on a Frostclaw server, Imps use it quite often.

I personally don't have Scoundrel and didn't made use of that glitch.

Also people aren't cheating, because the Jedi Sentinel are just so DAMN OP and Operative Healing specc is OP!!!

Jedi Sentinel/Sith Marauder:

Personally have a Jedi Sentinel (alt), and have lvl 50 on him now, on low lvl PVP I was able to kill 1 vs 3 (me 1).

I don't mean killing noobs, since Bradley, HozzkeJr, Lacedeamon etc. aren't noobs (they were playing on their low lvl alts).

I was 1 vs 3, and I won (many times) on Frostclaw server!!!

The point is, this class is OP!!! and the Seninels/Mar have SUSTAINED BURSTY DPS (without using any buffs to have big hits) and to boost they have like 5 defensible abilities, also *** A FORCE CAMOUFLAGE AND 6 SECONDS 99% DMG REDUCTION.

This class have actually many stunns, FORCE LEAP 12 cd, its imobilize you for 3 seconds (even if your resolve is full), Choke and AoE stun.

Scoundrel/Operative (healer):

They can outheal almost any dmg.

To KILL a scoundrel you have to get 2 or 3 people (even if your full WH geared, and the Scoundrel/Operative is only full BM geared).

I actually don't really know the system, but if a guy who play normal plays it, ITS already then OP.

WHY! do you people think that the people who played Sages/Sorcs, Commando stopped playing it and changed to SENTINELS/MARAUDERS or Operatives Healers, cause since these classes got NERFED (Sages/Sorcs healing TOTAL nerfd for PVP), the people CHANGED to OP CLASSES like Sentinel/Marauder, Operatives healers!

AND I'M NOT WHINING BECAUSE I'M NOT A GOOD PLAYER, if your on Frostclaw,

then my Jedi Shadow is Xibbias (lvl 50).

My Sentinel is Ododo (lvl 50)

My Sorc is Kariks (lvl 50)

and I'm not a noob.

With my Infiltration spec (burst dps) on my Shadow, I can give a nightmare to some players, the same on the Balance spec (DoT spec).

Not to mention the Kinetic Combat tree (defense tree).

BTW the Hybrid Tanking tree (defense) for Jedi Shadow should also be nerfed, well not the CC, cause if the CC for Jedi Shadow would be nerfed then Shadow would be worse than the Sages atm.

Well, if you play tanking spec with the Stalker gear your just like a Guardian with almost the Sentinel DPS.

Inflitration spec is very hard to play, cause your survivability got nerfed at patch 1.2, it's hard to play now.

But after some practice, you should be able to play it, Balance tree is also good as it is.

The CC's for Shadows are everything, if you would nerfd that, then Shadow would be plain usless.

Sorry for so long post...

Regards

Xibbias

Edited by ProKsnNwk

Hey.

In my opinion the word hacking/cheating is wrong.

People just uses the glitches that are in the game (Yes, it can be cheating).

For example, there is a glitch in which when scoundrel use the ability to stealth his party members while their are planting, the party member becomes invisible while planting....

Happened to me and my teammates often on a Frostclaw server, Imps use it quite often.

I personally don't have Scoundrel and didn't made use of that glitch.

Regards

Xibbias

I know what you mean. I actually think glitches can be fun, and cool, and if they aren't too crazy give the game some character. An example of this is the "endless waterworld" glitch on Super Mario World for Nintendo.

It just depends on the glitch. The glitch you mentioned ^ I would consider cheating, because of the overwhelming advantage it gives that specific class character. If everyone could do this it would be fair, and again kind of cool.

Also if the glitch is something like a shortcut through a room or something...that's not a huge deal, and it's kind of cool if we can all do it.

When it comes to the spontaneousness of glitches it's the wild west.

Look I and other freinds have been reporting the same players night after night that use hacks etc. Nothing has ever been done since the game went live. I am tiered now, pvp was my main enjoyment and it got spoiled. If the powers that be can't be bothered to fix a issue thats existed since launch, why should I continue too sub, when i have no fair chance too win.

Unsubbed finally, I'm not going back to WoW or Arena, I found some decent FTP games with decent FTP PvP that actually makes me laugh.

As for ToR and PvP ? Its NO EXISTANT since 1.2 end of debate !

• 3 weeks later...
Hmmm, Bioware, ask yourselves, is this why we lost 400k subscriptions? A good possibility, no one likes a cheater. NO ONE! plus why Cheat at a game like this, killing someone or winning a match isn't rocket science so why the extra. I would encourage bioware to look upon this as a top priority or they WILL lose more subscriptions. It;s a no brainer: Stop Hacks, more people play game. Simple. If they feel that they shouldn't do anything then they are just letting a great game die.

oh did I mention they also called me anti-ball pass hack as well? because if I am attacking them sometimes it permanently shuts off their ability to pass hutball until they die.

I guess I am the super hacker of the pvp :D

That's AWESOME. :)

Hacks are there. They happen. I've had it happen where my speedy toon is barely out of the gate in NC before the enemy has south and their West/East node full-capped. I've been staring dilligently at a voidstar door when a bomb appeared. Had a guy go into the wall in voidstar so I couldn't hit him and "LOL" at me while he hit me. And of course, we all love the exorcist-jerky movements of the screencap thing (seeing that a lot lately...).

Cheaters exist. But there are also other things making this whole argument a lot more cloudy.

A) Bugs/Glitches. Such as this stupid and inaccurate resolve bar.

B) Lack of knowledge about other classes (I admit I know little about Ops/Slingers) and their various abilities

C) Paranoia!!!!!!!!!!

I like to play super good teams of players and I'm fine with a well fought loss (or even a well deserved beating by a super skilled team). I just wish we didn't know how easy it was to cheat in SWTOR, which always seems to leave us wondering HOW we got beat...

After the banhammer was dropped a few weeks ago on several players from my old server alone, it seemed to get better. However, since the transfers, its gotten worse again. I was in several WZ yesterday where I saw a number of people hacking (screenprint "jitter" hack to be specific). Many people have new names for their characters and I wonder if that has given some people a new lease on cheating.

Frankly cheating makes no sense to me since winning from cheating is an empty victory and shows the true character if the player. The depths some people will go to in order to cheat is amazing and I have to wonder if they do it to get noticed for a job? Impress a GF/BF? Compensate for some personality deficit? Prove to the world they are somehow smarter than the average bear?

BW is faced with 1) Declining subs, 2) New F2P MMO competition (GW2 just to name one), and 3) A bunch of morally bereft PvPers contributing to #1. MMO developers today need to assume everyone will try to cheat, no one will think PvP is balanced, and getting everything yesterday is never enough. Thats a tough position to be in...but its tougher when you have to deal with these things after the fact. I love the game...I can only hope it can be saved so I can come back to it a year from now and truly enjoy PvP in TOR.