Guide: Newcomers

Goshee

Thank you for the wonderful guide. I have, however, searched everywhere for this answer and cannot find it. I am aware that you can take a screenshot by hitting the "Print Screen" key, is there a way to take a screenshot without the UI showing in the picture?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is such a great guide!! I have two questions that seem to cause me a little frustration with the game (not your guide):

I was trying to view my Frames Per Second using [CTRL+SHIFT+F] but nothing displays, or I don't know where to look. Is this key sequence still working?

I noticed when I did a formal bow yesterday in the game, the character just keeps on bowing until I chose another emote like waving. Anyone else experience this?

But a great guide...it really fills in the blanks!

Thank you for the wonderful guide. I have, however, searched everywhere for this answer and cannot find it. I am aware that you can take a screenshot by hitting the "Print Screen" key, is there a way to take a screenshot without the UI showing in the picture?

I'm not actually sure how to do this. I have the holocamera which does it for me. Though I got mine through the collectors edition!

UPDATE: Figured it out, Press [ALT+Z] to toggle the UI on or off. Updated the UI section to tell as well.

Edited by Goshee

This is such a great guide!! I have two questions that seem to cause me a little frustration with the game (not your guide):

I was trying to view my Frames Per Second using [CTRL+SHIFT+F] but nothing displays, or I don't know where to look. Is this key sequence still working?

I noticed when I did a formal bow yesterday in the game, the character just keeps on bowing until I chose another emote like waving. Anyone else experience this?

But a great guide...it really fills in the blanks!

Sweetspot has it right.

Its small green text in the bottom left corner, I will update the guide to clarify, thanks.

ok sorry dumb question

What is the / command for guild invite?

i haven't seen it in the forums

Thanks,

I once got confused and typed /ginvite when attempting to invite someone to a party (party invite command is /invite), whereupon it informed me that i was not in a guild...

I'm guessing that /ginvite is the command you are looking for.

Okay, I'm having problems installing the game. I can download the pre-game thing, but on my Mac it keeps wanting to open it up with Text Edit, and that doesn't work. Does anyone know what program would work in order to install it?
SWTOR has no Mac client?

You need to set up something which I think is called bootcamp?

Help! How in the world do you put away your mouse droid once you deployed him from the inventory screen for the first time?

Your mouse droid can be found under your abilities panel 'P' under the general tab. Simply click it to dismiss your pet.

Or you can assign it to an action bar and toggle it on or off at will.

Okay, I'm having problems installing the game. I can download the pre-game thing, but on my Mac it keeps wanting to open it up with Text Edit, and that doesn't work. Does anyone know what program would work in order to install it?

SW:TOR isn't currently available on the MAC. You will need to install Bootcamp, this will partition your hard drive in two. You will need a windows disc to install windows however.

You can then load up windows on your mac and install as normal.

Hey there.

Thanks for the nice guide, should be especially helpful to all the fresh players coming in on launch.

I found one nitpick though, which is the secondary stats you can find on gear. You don't list them, and I think you should since you have most of everything else there.

I have a question in regards to armor upgrades. I have light armor and my level character level is at 10. How can upgrade to medium armor? I am under the impression that it is skill level, how do I increase that to the point where I can level up my armor?

Another quick question is costume customization. Does this come with upgrading armor? Or is there another aspect to customization I am not privileged to yet, because of my level?

Thanks!

How do reset the mission if you accidentally made the wrong choice. I know pressing escape during a mission reset the current convo but I don't remember how to do over the mission quest
If you highlight the mission in the mission log, you may see a reset button.

Not sure if it shows up after you turn the quest in though...

How do reset the mission if you accidentally made the wrong choice. I know pressing escape during a mission reset the current convo but I don't remember how to do over the mission quest

You can abandon missions by going into your mission log 'L' and select abandon. This will remove all current progress in the quest and remove any mission items.

You can pick up the same quest again but you will start from the very beginning of it.

I have a question in regards to armor upgrades. I have light armor and my level character level is at 10. How can upgrade to medium armor? I am under the impression that it is skill level, how do I increase that to the point where I can level up my armor?

Another quick question is costume customization. Does this come with upgrading armor? Or is there another aspect to customization I am not privileged to yet, because of my level?

Thanks!

Classes are restricted to a certain armour type. For example smuggler uses medium armour, jedi consular uses light armour and a trooper will use heavy armour.

Armour customisation isn't really a feature. You can use CUSTOM items however. This means when you find a custom item you like the look of you can use it for as long as you like and still be effective, providing you update its modifications every now and then.

Excellent guide. I was a beta tester and early access and I still wrote down some notes on stuff I didn't know. Thank-you.

I have a question that you may know the answer to. When you have your inventory open and are comparing items to the ones worn all you have to do is hover and it will give you the comparison. Is there a way to do this when you have your companion window open? I know you can just go back and forth from inventory window to companion window but having the 2 item windows side by side and also giving the green or red stats makes it a lot easier.