Guide: Newcomers

Goshee

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that for surge, it shows up as "increased critical damage', but surge also increases critical heals.

Thank you for updating this thread and putting up the secondary stats because they were confusing as to what they did.

My question is does presence affect bonus heals when you are receiving it from companions and does power affect healing? I am just curious as to which secondary stat is important or beneficial for a healer.

Edited by Soupmaster

I saw that for surge, it shows up as "increased critical damage', but surge also increases critical heals.

Thank you for updating this thread and putting up the secondary stats because they were confusing as to what they did.

My question is does presence affect bonus heals when you are receiving it from companions and does power affect healing? I am just curious as to which secondary stat is important or beneficial for a healer.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure about power affecting healing. Depending on what class you are you may benefit more from crit, or alacrity rating. I will check it out later in game :D

Thanks for the added information, I added it to the surge stat ^^.

By bonus heals do you mean Heal over Time's? Presence affects all healing a companion can dish out.

I was trying to find the Codex and used the question mark icon to open the help pages. I searched for Codex and it brought up three replys. One was titled: 'What is the Codex and where is it?' But, the reply to that did not say where to find it. It should have said it was in a tab under the Mission Log screen. You could also put the Codex as an entry in the Hot Keys for new players who are not on any missions yet, but are looking for the Codex. If not a specific hot key, you could add an entry on the hot keys pages to the Mission Log hot key mentioning that it also opens the Codex. However you do it, please make it easier for a new player to find the Codex.

Howdy!

Umm.. I got FPS 61.0 max. How do I get it higher?

I know my PC would run the game easily with higher FPS, but I cant find any kind of console where I could try to find the FPS commands(Like fps_max 101 at counter-strike ;p)

Thx in advance!

Regards, Grazor

Where do i find my trainer to learn abilities. Jedi Knight.

Trainers can be found on most planets, but an easy one to find is in the republic fleet. Once you are there open your map and head to the combat area. You can then find your trainer and begin to learn new skills.

Make sure to look at all tabs and pick up everything!

Howdy!

Umm.. I got FPS 61.0 max. How do I get it higher?

I know my PC would run the game easily with higher FPS, but I cant find any kind of console where I could try to find the FPS commands(Like fps_max 101 at counter-strike ;p)

Thx in advance!

Regards, Grazor

I'm not sure really, turning off shadows helps a lot of people, and running in windowed mode.

Assuming what's posted is the most up to date version of your guide; do you or anyone else know what, if any, relevance the rating of orange items is? I noticed it a few nights ago and have found no mention of it on the site proper.

Anyone?

I am going to apologize, I feel silly asking this question. I'm trying to find the search feature in the forums, but I can't find it anywhere. So how do I do a search on the forums? :o

The search function is temporarily disabled ^^

Isn't the rating of the item dependent on the mods inside it? The higher level mods will give the item a higher rating? At least that is what I thought.

after reading that I checked it earlier tonight. Rating appears to be an "item level" of sorts for modded gear.

how do you level up in this game? i am up to level 4 and have not been able to adjust any attributes. It looks like the skills tree wont open until level 10...but is that the same for leveling up your attributes

sorry that sounds so stupid...but im a total noob to MMO's

how do you level up in this game? i am up to level 4 and have not been able to adjust any attributes. It looks like the skills tree wont open until level 10...but is that the same for leveling up your attributes

When you level you get an increase of your primary stats naturally. Your talent tree will become available once you reach level 10.

The only thing you can decide on yourself is the training you buy at this stage. The skill trees become available when you have chosen your AC. If you like to explore, or Google, you can find datacrons, each of which give you a small bonus to one stat or give you a colored shard that you can use later.

interesting....sort of confused though. this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=88942

the guy talks in depth about increasing your primary stats....at what point do i get to increase stats? i must be misunderstanding something here. you guys are saying they increase naturally, but that link is talking about making sure you focus on the primary....

?

Edited by LordMaynard

interesting....sort of confused though. this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=88942

the guy talks in depth about increasing your primary stats....at what point do i get to increase stats? i must be misunderstanding something here. you guys are saying they increase naturally, but that link is talking about making sure you focus on the primary....

?

You increase your stats through gear is what he means. When you obtain new gear you should go for gear which has your highest primary stat.

Say if you are a jedi consular. Your primary stats are Willpower and Endurance.

If you see a piece of gear with 32 cunning and 32 endurance, this won't help you much aside from the endurance.

You want gear that has say 32 willpower and 32 endurance. When you equip this item your willpower and endurance stats will be risen to 32. Or will be risen to whatever the stats give. Your stats will fall if you take them off.

What is the best graphics card for the money to run this game smoothly. My graphics card is okay. I can run the game with a decent frame rate, but sometimes during battle sequences, my frame rate drops and I lag. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

Hey Goshee you are awesome. I am doing my share, here is my post about your guide being the best free guide!

http://1stvideogame.com/?p=2326

Great job and I am glad to see you are doing such a great job!

Keep it up!

What is the best graphics card for the money to run this game smoothly. My graphics card is okay. I can run the game with a decent frame rate, but sometimes during battle sequences, my frame rate drops and I lag. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

This belongs in a different thread completely, or it's own thread. You should do your own research to see what you like. There could be a sale, so we can't tell you what best you can get for your money.

Edited by CzaplaM

...There was information about minimum requirements so I figured I would ask. Instead of telling me I am posting in the wrong section, why not point me in the right direction? I am not computer literate. I did research. Have you recently browsed through the available options?? There is an immense list of choices. I simply asked for advice and to be pointed in the right direction. The forums are a place to ask questions and receive answers. That is why I posted. Edited by U_S_A

Hey Goshee you are awesome. I am doing my share, here is my post about your guide being the best free guide!

http://1stvideogame.com/?p=2326

Great job and I am glad to see you are doing such a great job!

Keep it up!

This belongs in a different thread completely, or it's own thread. You should do your own research to see what you like. There could be a sale, so we can't tell you what best you can get for your money.

Hey Cza, glad you found it useful and thanks for sharing it with more people ^^

It really has come a long way since it started!