The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for the apology

kninekaji

Publicily slandering paying subscribers, insisting that this was looked into, only to find your foot in your mouth when you realized that it was indeed a factual event.

Nice way of treating your customers, shall we expect this type of "customer service" in all your games?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=465256&page=23

Edited by kninekaji

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, they got the message and we all saw their shame. They already request no more topics on this matter and apologized for what happened. There's no need for further flaming them, we all know you're right and they'll probably just delete this threat. Leave it be man, you won :D

I enjoyed how they called out Kiroshei by name on the forums for fraud and lying; yet didn't even use his name in the forum apology. The TOS (which I have been "actioned against MANY TIMES before) clearly states that disciplinary actions, if any, will NOT be discussed in posts/forums, yet this a mod calls out this player publicly and lets everyone know what a liar he is.

Sounds to me as if someone is getting a year's free game time.

*edited and reposted to remain in line with tos*

I enjoyed how they called out Kiroshei by name on the forums for fraud and lying; yet didn't even use his name in the forum apology. The TOS (which I have been "actioned against MANY TIMES before) clearly states that disciplinary actions, if any, will NOT be discussed in posts/forums, yet this a mod calls out this player publicly and lets everyone know what a liar he is.

Sounds to me as if someone is getting a year's free game time.

*edited and reposted to remain in line with tos*

I also found it odd that they called him out by name never seen in any game I have ever played before, it is an absolutely disgusting act.

Fecking hell, when have PVP people become such whiney little *****es, thinking that with everything their "rights" are being trampled to an extreme. They where grieving, they got caught. Accept it and move on. We all grieve sometimes and we all get caught sometimes. No need being an indignified crybaby about it until you get your way. Man, this is closer to spoiled children then to actually being mature adults.

Especialy the "PRO" guy turn my stomach. Seriously if you can make a living of playing this game, then you are a PRO if not you are not a PRO just maybe a good player. And even that is open for discussion.

Publicily slandering paying subscribers, insisting that this was looked into, only to find your foot in your mouth when you realized that it was indeed a factual event.

Nice way of treating your customers, shall we expect this type of "customer service" in all your games?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=465256&page=23

Agreed. This is possibly the most unscrupulous thing I have ever seen an MMO company do in my 8 years experience with MMOs. To not only oppress world pvp but to blatantly lie and call legitimate players liars without any evidence is very nearly criminal. I wish I had been in that ops group.

Yo, guys! Not only did the GMs actions violate BioWare's own ToS regarding PvP but when Joveth Gonzalez stated that "Kiroshei has been actioned against accordingly." they also violated their stated privacy policy. Call a good lawyer, folks you are about to be wealthy!

Hey, Kiroshei, when you own BioWare can we have cross-server WZ queues?!? Thanks man!!

Edited by OpenSorce

I actually think thats a good response from bioware.

They admitted the mistake and said the players involved will get direct apologies.... Cant ask for more than that if a mistake happens.

Seems fairly obvious that the CS guy has tried to cover tracks or something (given the log checks)....

Mistakes happen and I am sure Bioware will rectify the problem. At least Bioware came down on the right side of the issue and now it's not open to debate. I do think there is a couple of people who commented on that thread that do owe the PvP community an apology. I doubt we will see that apology and that is where the real shame is. The one big lesson from it all is that people who know nothing about a given subject should keep their mouths shut. Example being if you "Only PvE" then don't come to a thread involving a PvP server and tell the PvP community where they should and shouldn't be PvPing at.

You guys should protest by all quitting the game forever. That will show em.

I enjoy the game and Bioware has come down on the right side of the issue. If anything Bioware has helped to clarify the big differences between the thought process of "PvE only players" and those who are not. I would happily put up with a 1000 base camping PvP players than a single "I only PvE" player and that is why I am on a PvP server. Trying to force my beliefs on others has never been a strong suit of mine. All in all I am happier never having to interact with the "I only PvE" crowd. If only some of those "I only PvE" players" would be kind enough and oblige.

Edited by Kitzinger

Mistakes happen and I am sure Bioware will rectify the problem. At least Bioware came down on the right side of the issue and now it's not open to debate. I do think there is a couple of people who commented on that thread that do owe the PvP community an apology. I doubt we will see that apology and that is where the real shame is. The one big lesson from it all is that people who know nothing about a given subject should keep their mouths shut. Example being if you "Only PvE" then don't come to a thread involving a PvP server and tell the PvP community where they should and shouldn't be PvPing at.

i hope this includes you :cool:

I actually think thats a good response from bioware.

They admitted the mistake and said the players involved will get direct apologies.... Cant ask for more than that if a mistake happens.

Seems fairly obvious that the CS guy has tried to cover tracks or something (given the log checks)....

maybe he's a blizzard double agent :o

Fecking hell, when have PVP people become such whiney little *****es, thinking that with everything their "rights" are being trampled to an extreme. They where grieving, they got caught. Accept it and move on. We all grieve sometimes and we all get caught sometimes. No need being an indignified crybaby about it until you get your way. Man, this is closer to spoiled children then to actually being mature adults.

Especialy the "PRO" guy turn my stomach. Seriously if you can make a living of playing this game, then you are a PRO if not you are not a PRO just maybe a good player. And even that is open for discussion.

What on earth are you talking about? They got caught "grieving"? Not only did Bioware finally admit that they were guilty of no such thing after publicly running a player's name through the mud, the word is "griefing".

So now that we know the OP was legit, let's get past all the slandering and apologizing and back to the real issue. Is open world PvP including base-camping allowed on a PvP server? Did the GM act out of line by warning about being banned when they were base-camping without camping the med center? Or is that an official BioWare policy that he was enforcing?

Don't let the controversy overshadow the real issue, which is a concern over BioWare's policy for base-camping and open world PvP on a PvP server.

Bioware, made a mistake, and also seems they violated their own TOS, and Privacy Policy, best they can do, is offer compensation to everyone who has been affected, especially, if they took action wrongly against the players accounts.

So now that we know the OP was legit, let's get past all the slandering and apologizing and back to the real issue. Is open world PvP including base-camping allowed on a PvP server? Did the GM act out of line by warning about being banned when they were base-camping without camping the med center? Or is that an official BioWare policy that he was enforcing?

Don't let the controversy overshadow the real issue, which is a concern over BioWare's policy for base-camping and open world PvP on a PvP server.

After verification from the teams, I came on here with the information that I had at the time. However, since then, a separate internal investigation has found evidence that this did, in fact, occur and the CS agent involved will be dealt with accordingly.

That answered the question for me. Of course each situation is different...

Bioware, made a mistake, and also seems they violated their own TOS, and Privacy Policy, best they can do, is offer compensation to everyone who has been affected, especially, if they took action wrongly against the players accounts.

That's the best they can do. Unfortunately, this has displayed Bioware's incompetent customer service skills once again. This is going to take yet another toll on their credibility as a company.

I know people are worked up about this but it isn't totally unreasonable that:

-A Bioware CS rep made a judgement call and made the wrong one.

-The guy who had the job of parsing through all of the logs initially failed at his job.

I say this in part because I work for a software hosting company. ****'s complicated, people make mistakes. We have to give apologizes all the time for stuff we swore wasn't our fault and it turns out someone internally gave a bad analysis.

-A Bioware CS rep made a judgement call and made the wrong one.

Yes, this was the case. However, instead of immediately investigating the case, Bioware chose to publicly slander the player by name on the forums and say it was fake.

-The guy who had the job of parsing through all of the logs initially failed at his job.

Correction: it was an entire team. Bioware said it themselves. The first team completely failed to find any evidence whatsoever, despite very specific screencaps being provided. Had Bioware not locked and deleted any thread related to the issue, the first team might've had some success.

The whole debacle is one blunder after another, not just one. It's a problem that seems to have gone through several different levels of customer support. Need I remind you of the 'i am 12 and what is this' case?

Edited by Abruptum

Yes, this was the case. However, instead of immediately investigating the case, Bioware chose to publicly slander the player by name on the forums and say it was fake.

Correction: it was an entire team. Bioware said it themselves. The first team completely failed to find any evidence whatsoever, despite very specific screencaps being provided. Had Bioware not locked and deleted any thread related to the issue, the first team might've had some success.

The whole debacle is one blunder after another, not just one. It's a problem that seems to have gone through several different levels of customer support. Need I remind you of the 'i am 12 and what is this' case?

Agreed with all of this. Either epic incompetence or epic nefariousness.... the British have a saying that applies here: "Always assume ****-up before conspiracy"... in other words, Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I'll add too accusing customers of posting fake screenshots is probably one of those things that you shouldn't do unless you are 101% sure...

Agreed with all of this. Either epic incompetence or epic nefariousness.... the British have a saying that applies here: "Always assume ****-up before conspiracy"... in other words, Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I'll add too accusing customers of posting fake screenshots is probably one of those things that you shouldn't do unless you are 101% sure...

Pretty much. Instantly blaming customers for their troubles without first rigorously researching the matter is one of the worst things a company can do - innocent until proven guilty.